100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

1 hour ago, Addinali said:

So..... @metrokat and @jedimasterben 

if we have livestock that ether.

1. Dies

2. Decided we don't want in the tank

3. It disappears like my Randifordi goby

Are we allowed to take any of these circumstances out of the livestock budget?

Is it set to everything we have put in the tank 

or everything we have left in the tank?

At the beginning of the contest they said it includes everything you have invested whether it dies or you move it.

On 4/30/2017 at 9:58 AM, metrokat said:

:lol: Sneaky ideas. All livestock whether it lives or dies counts towards your budget. 

The reason to have the same equipment is also because each reef is different, each reef keeper has a different husbandry, different experience levels. Seeing what everyone does and how all these tanks progress at the same time for everyone is like a mad scientist experiment, only more fun. From wild ideas, to something more staid and thoughtful, I hope each tank runs the gamut of possibilities. There is no wrong way to reef IMO - but there is always room to try something different.

I have no idea why I am so wordy this morning, but in answer to your question

serious%2520cat.jpg

@Addinali

• Like 5
Coral_chef
On 6/4/2017 at 0:26 AM, SushiYum said:

was going to do a floating scape. needed some acrylic rods going through the back for support. oh well. scrapped idea

I thought about doing something like this.

but then I had a hard enough time just stacking the rocks so I nix it. 

2 hours ago, Addinali said:

1. Dies

Yes I believe it all counts ?

• Like 1

I think if we buy livestock but move it into another tank, I didn't think that counted. If it dies, I can see it counting. But I'll go with the majority. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, lkoechle said:

At the beginning of the contest they said it includes everything you have invested whether it dies or you move it.

@Addinali

2 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

I thought about doing something like this.

but then I had a hard enough time just stacking the rocks so I nix it. 

Yes I believe it all counts ?

Thanks guys just double checking I can work with that. Just sucks one fish is gone and the other one is at my LFS and I don't know if he is going to make it through the Ich if he does they will  probably just put him out for sale so when I get one in 6 weeks it might not be the fish but it will be the same kind of fish.  

On 6/5/2017 at 2:44 PM, Addinali said:

1. Dies

#WHYYOUASKTOUGHQUESTIONS

My thoughts on this is that at the 100 day mark, the total livestock in your tank should be within budget.

Just keep a running tally of everything you put in. Note what died, what got removed. 

I know that if we have any issue with prices and such, we can discuss it with other contestants and the community. It should be fair for everybody.

I will say that if it gets hot in the kitchen, chef @Christopher Marks will be asked to rule on the issue. 

I still stand by my initial comments that if it lives or dies it counts. That is why we have the running tally.

If designer clowns died, i think it's a bigger problem than say if some inverts did.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

WOO HOO!!!! We have some ninja news!!! Benny and I are gonna let you try to sweat it out a bit..... hehehehe

@jedimasterben

ninja-a5880b2477a170cb251248ec10358883.p

If I sweat any more I'll need more deodorant... :rolleyes:  :unsure:  :P

• Like 2

Okay so before Benny and I reveal our ninja stuffs:

If we were to ADD another prize category - what would it be?

@SeaFurn @sabrefencer @lkoechle @skoechle @spectra @stellablue @mrmikekim @FateX9 @coralcousins @HouseOf1000Corals @Coral_chef @Pjanssen @Mariaface @jedimasterben @Christopher Marks @SushiYum @luu78 @NanoSteve @Addinali @MaineReefkeeper

B)

• Like 7
1 minute ago, metrokat said:

@SeaFurn @sabrefencer @lkoechle @skoechle @spectra @stellablue @mrmikekim @FateX9 @coralcousins @HouseOf1000Corals @Coral_chef @Pjanssen @Mariaface @jedimasterben @Christopher Marks @SushiYum @luu78 @NanoSteve @Addinali @MaineReefkeeper

B)

Worst tank.

• Like 3
jedimasterben
On 6/1/2017 at 7:50 PM, Coral_chef said:

so any pump under 211 gph is good to go now?

This is where it starts to get hairy. I'd rather not tell everyone to go crazy and get what they want as long as it's claimed under 211. What pump were you considering?

55 minutes ago, Addinali said:

Worst tank.

not fair, i'd wipe the floor with all you bishes :P

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

This is where it starts to get hairy. I'd rather not tell everyone to go crazy and get what they want as long as it's claimed under 211. What pump were you considering?

not fair, i'd wipe the floor with all you bishes :P

Well I put my Tunze in mine........its rated at 210 at full power..........Hell I don't want to spend another 60 on a pump.........

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

B)

Hell if I know............:lol: haven't even thought of it.........

• Like 1
4 hours ago, metrokat said:

WOO HOO!!!! We have some ninja news!!! Benny and I are gonna let you try to sweat it out a bit..... hehehehe

@jedimasterben

ninja-a5880b2477a170cb251248ec10358883.p

Again I saynow-we-play-the-waiting-game.png.a1e5d79a01a5c07b3f053ed7913e1c28.png

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

B)

I don't know, maybe best tank created "single" handedly?!:D  Just kidding. Hmmm...best stand?!:lol:

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Again I saynow-we-play-the-waiting-game.png.a1e5d79a01a5c07b3f053ed7913e1c28.png

I don't know, maybe best tank created "single" handedly?!:D  Just kidding. Hmmm...best stand?!:lol:

well if we're playing that game,

i vote best hitchhikers :P

• Like 6
Just now, lkoechle said:

well if we're playing that game,

i vote best hitchhikers :P

Yep, definitely playing B). But seriously, you could win on so many levels! Did I ever tell you your my idol?

• Like 1
Just now, Pjanssen said:

Yep, definitely playing B). But seriously, you could win on so many levels! Did I ever tell you your my idol?

haha. not me, my rocks. lol and we have to see if the tank survives the test of time.

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic