Pod Your Reef

metrokat

Well hello my old friends! How are you? It's going to be 13 years this summer since my enthralling first dive into the saltwater aquarium world. I'm still learning and still utterly smitten with the small piece of ocean I have been fortunate to keep. While I've had multiple tanks running at the same time, here is a list of the main ones through the years.

1. BioCube 14 (Retired)
  2. Red Sea Max 30D (Retired - over 1 million views on the journal on this forum))
  3. Custom CADlights 50 Long (Retired)
  4. MODE Aquariums Front facing Drop off (Retired)
  5. Red Sea Reefer 350 (Retired)
  6. Red Sea Reefer 450XL G2 (Current tank)

The current tank is 115 total volume. It's a mixed reef, SPS dominant in the works, that was setup in September 2023. Everything from the previous tank was moved over, I had some casualties which is expected. I lost some of my oldest fish 😞 and some SPS colonies that I had grown for a decade. I still have my first ever clownfish and my first SPS colony though so that's something right? I'm going to try and post updates here regularly but if you see me missing, just tag me here!

2A31D3EB-2F48-48CA-98E1-050A9D42E4BE.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Wow 1
dadummy

Welcome back

I get, life goes on and with the downfall of the forums I had to reach out to the mods to get username and password back. Recently, around the same time as you reset the tanks and got the fever back. Always exciting with a fresh new start, good luck with the new system.

i hope you didn’t loose the Katapora 

Markburns43

Kat your still here! Glad your still posting here, the new setup looks good. Did you get to go to the frag farmers market in Uconn? I remember you being there the year before and gave the lecture on coral food but didnt see you this year. Mark

• Like 1
metrokat
On 3/6/2024 at 11:04 PM, Pjanssen said:

Welcome back. This is exciting!

Thanks!!

On 3/7/2024 at 7:38 AM, mitten_reef said:

Well, hello there 

Hey hey! How is everything?

On 3/7/2024 at 9:46 AM, TheKleinReef said:

i had to check the date when i saw this thread, thought i time traveled lol

Lol. Hi there.

metrokat
On 3/8/2024 at 8:19 AM, dadummy said:

Welcome back

I get, life goes on and with the downfall of the forums I had to reach out to the mods to get username and password back. Recently, around the same time as you reset the tanks and got the fever back. Always exciting with a fresh new start, good luck with the new system.

i hope you didn’t loose the Katapora 

Thank you. I did sadly lose the mother colony. But I have a wee frag that is holding on.

metrokat
On 3/12/2024 at 9:11 PM, Markburns43 said:

Kat your still here! Glad your still posting here, the new setup looks good. Did you get to go to the frag farmers market in Uconn? I remember you being there the year before and gave the lecture on coral food but didnt see you this year. Mark

Hi Mark. Yes I was there with 2 tables, I'm always there except the one year I went to Reefstock Denver instead. 

metrokat

If you have IG find me there: https://www.instagram.com/metrokat/

I find it challenging to take good pictures with this tank. I have a great phone camera, and filters. It's likely my light setting. Anyway here's my bougie skimmer from Adaptive Reef. 😁

DD66E049-A8E7-4BEE-9E37-710FB649EACF_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c019338d8daefb21d42e72c56433e2c1.jpeg

Some chalices and zoas. The large pink one is about the size of a salad plate. Managed to somehow take it off the rockwork in the previous tank, transport it 1 mile to a temp tank, then transport it 1 mile to this tank without breaking even a bit. Not sure how I pulled it off but I'm quite proud of myself.

B99016A4-4262-427D-82D1-26014B3A8286.thumb.jpeg.0c07295e8cebb1a26c8c0e09bdfcc079.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
metrokat

A couple of years ago I had the privilege of keeping a little Octopus called Inky. He was such an interesting animal. Moody, naughty, sweet. I have hours of night videos of him. He was a nocturnal creature. 0BEDF627-5F67-4370-907F-77373D941553.thumb.jpeg.ed5e001cf13d3dc4f174b9413b16ea91.jpeg 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
22 hours ago, metrokat said:

If you have IG find me there: https://www.instagram.com/metrokat/

I find it challenging to take good pictures with this tank. I have a great phone camera, and filters. It's likely my light setting. Anyway here's my bougie skimmer from Adaptive Reef. 😁

DD66E049-A8E7-4BEE-9E37-710FB649EACF_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c019338d8daefb21d42e72c56433e2c1.jpeg

Some chalices and zoas. The large pink one is about the size of a salad plate. Managed to somehow take it off the rockwork in the previous tank, transport it 1 mile to a temp tank, then transport it 1 mile to this tank without breaking even a bit. Not sure how I pulled it off but I'm quite proud of myself.

B99016A4-4262-427D-82D1-26014B3A8286.thumb.jpeg.0c07295e8cebb1a26c8c0e09bdfcc079.jpeg

Looks like a pretty nice collection so far

• Like 1