Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

5 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

@metrokat, I need to know if I can use this light? It is tiny and goes strictly over the refugium part of the tank for the mangroves that are housed there. I understand if you say no, but since others are using fuge lights I thought it might be okay, otherwise I think the mangroves will have to go.

Hey Penny, I'm sorry to miss your message, can you post a picture of the light? Tagging Benny as he really is the equipment moderator on the contest.

@jedimasterben

Ref the pump for all contestants:

The one thing I can think of here is that if a replacement brand is approved, every contestant will need to buy that pump.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I agree with the sicce pump. I think my replacement IM pump is about to die. It's grinding and blowing bubbles. I think the 1.0 would be a good choice as it is most similar. @lkoechle - put a pump in there. I don't think anyone would disqualify you 

well its got a koralia right now.  @skoechle is the one bringing the pump home this afternoon/evening since he is next to the LFS at work :P  we will probanly go ahead and buy the 1.0 and hope its the approved one so I dont have to switch pumps again when the IM one gets here. lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Maybe for you... There is a flow dial on the sicces for people scared of 200+ gph.  the original IM Pump is 211 gph. the sicce 1.0 is 250 something gph.  The .5 is 138 gph which is the same amount of flow I have in my 5 gallon. 1.0 is not too much flow for a 14 gallon tank.

I have a 1.5 on a 25 and still need an MP10 at 75%. 

a 1.0 is probably the best sized sicce for this tank especially since it has a flow dialer thingy for people who dont want to run it wide open.

THe Sicce 0.5 is 185 GPH, NOT 138 GPH.  So go ahead, buy the bigger one and turn it down to the flow you get out of the 0.5.  Plus, no way that sloppy, poorly built, friction filled IM pump puts out anything even remotely close to 211 GPH. 

jedimasterben

Sorry I've been AWOL, everyone, just going through some shit right now with work being a little crazy on top of it.

I think that at this point we can allow the pump upgrades. The Sicce 1.0 is on the 'approved' list since it is flow adjustable, but it must be adjusted to match the stock flow as closely as you can remember.

@Pjanssen what does it look like with the light in place?

• Like 10
1 minute ago, jedimasterben said:

Sorry I've been AWOL, everyone, just going through some shit right now with work being a little crazy on top of it.

I think that at this point we can allow the pump upgrades. The Sicce 1.0 is on the 'approved' list since it is flow adjustable, but it must be adjusted to match the stock flow as closely as you can remember.

and all the contestants rejoiced for reliable pumps and quiet houses! :D

• Like 9

I may have missed it, but where's the FTS check-in thread, and why isn't there a link to it in the first post of this thread? 

Just now, holy carp said:

I may have missed it, but where's the FTS check-in thread, and why isn't there a link to it in the first post of this thread? 

Shhhh, don't remind them that I need to post this week's photo! I can't do it until tomorrow evening! 

• Like 1
Just now, holy carp said:

why isn't there a link to it in the first post of this thread?

Excellent question.  I usually just lok through my notifications for it.

2 hours ago, metrokat said:

Hey Penny, I'm sorry to miss your message, can you post a picture of the light? Tagging Benny as he really is the equipment moderator on the contest.

@jedimasterben

Ref the pump for all contestants:

The one thing I can think of here is that if a replacement brand is approved, every contestant will need to buy that pump.

@metrokat I will take a picture when I get home

i cannot afford to buy another pump right now, but I'm ok if others do

15 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

I will get a picture when I get home tonight @jedimasterben

25 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

i cannot afford to buy another pump right now, but I'm ok if others do

I don't think you have to buy it.  I think that's why @jedimasterben said we have to keep it as close to original flow as possible.  But I could be wrong.

• Like 1
sabrefencer

I'm gonna try the sicce 1.0 tonight just to see since I already have it. I'll use my tunze 6025's to mix Saltwater or the IM pump. I'm hoping it fits though - it should. Have to take out my magnet for the osmolator and heater and will report back tonight. I got a very quick response for a replacent from IM but what use is that pump if the same?

2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

I don't think you have to buy it.  I think that's why @jedimasterben said we have to keep it as close to original flow as possible.  But I could be wrong.

I didn't see ben's post until after I posted that. Kat had said everyone would have to buy the same one. 

WhiteWulfe
2 hours ago, holy carp said:

It's also one of only two pinned threads in the General Discussion section ^_^

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sabrefencer said:

I'm gonna try the sicce 1.0 tonight just to see since I already have it. I'll use my tunze 6025's to mix Saltwater or the IM pump. I'm hoping it fits though - it should. Have to take out my magnet for the osmolator and heater and will report back tonight. I got a very quick response for a replacent from IM but what use is that pump if the same?

The tubing will be too short.  The IM is a taller pump than the sicce. I am typing this on our way back from  Lowes right now with more tubing.

8 hours ago, stellablue said:

I agree with the sicce pump. I think my replacement IM pump is about to die. It's grinding and blowing bubbles. I think the 1.0 would be a good choice as it is most similar. @lkoechle - put a pump in there. I don't think anyone would disqualify you 

Yeah I agree as with all the issues.................

Hell Ben gave them my info and well I have never heard back yet............so still a noisy pump..........

Well just saw we can improvise omgomgomg

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Crap edit my thread and quote myself.............not even drinking WTF.............

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic