Pod Your Reef

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

13 hours ago, lkoechle said:

lol i have a feeling it was marine depot telling kat they didn't want to deal with us is why we have to go through IM :P  Couldn't blame 'em if that whats happened.  Having been in customer service, dealing with the manufacturer on behalf of the customer is pita.

Naw, I talked to IM directly and even if you go via MD, they contact IM anyway. So going directly to IM might save you a couple of days, not sure.

1 hour ago, Coral_chef said:

So it's wendesday is this weeks FTS due?

@metrokat @jedimasterben

Sure. Feel free to post any day of the week. We just need one weekly FTS and you are good.

@SushiYum WELCOME TO THE CONTEST!!!!

• Like 4

In sad news, my little betta boy Bojangles went to the great lake in the sky last night.

In happy news, I finally got ahold of HR and officially accepted the job today!  Yay employment! omgomgomg

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry about the fish but great news about the job.

Thanks!  It is pretty much a dream job and I am looking forward to it. :)

• Like 4

It's Wednesday - o-fish-ally the last day for late entries. 

Can we make anybody else capitulate?

omgomgomg

Putting this contest together took some work but it has already been so much fun. It's awesome to see folks that aren't in the contest supporting and commenting. There are 16 new aquarium journals to follow for inspiration, new ideas, critter news and so much more.

Wishing everyone an incredible 100 days of Nanos.

Contestants as of 5/17 (alphabetically) - click for links to their aquarium journals

1. Addinali
  2. coral_chef
  3. Coralcousins
  4. FateX9
  5. lkoechle
  6. Luu78
  7. Mariaface
  8. MaineReefKeeper
  9. MrMikeKim
  10. nanoSteve 
  11. Pjanssen
  12. Sabrefencer
  13. Seafurn
  14. Spectra
  15. Stellablue
  16. SushiYum
  • Like 13
Coral_chef
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

LiveAquaria is doing free shipping over $99 today only!!! 

What?? 

Cant they wait till I get paid. 

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Already have 2. I love Starry blennies.

23 hours ago, spectra said:

Well I havnt heard anything from anyone yet................... I am going to go postal and be out of the competition soon................

Well whatever you want :lol: 

We all kind of gave Ben a hard time as lkoechle was the one who came up with it........

23 hours ago, spectra said:

Great I probably shredded the receipt...........hell like I didn't buy the tank.............I am just photo shopping pics into my living room..........video well its posted in this thread I think :lol: ####ing hoops to jump through............Ben should have just let us upgrade :rolleyes:

I agree, this pump's getting worse. I dunno if I wanna go through all that shit to get another pump. I took it apart ( Marine Depot or IM, I do this for a living so DO NOT go there) and it's sloppy as hell.

Too bad Jebao doesn't make a DC pump this small. Gonna pick Eric's brain tonight.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I have one in my 100 and it has a marble in it :o plus not sure Qbertopious Rex or whatever @stellablue called it would play nice :lol: 

23 minutes ago, stellablue said:

@StinkyBunny where's your fake contest tank thread? 

I don't think he can hear you over the pump :rolleyes: 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, spectra said:

I have one in my 100 and it has a marble in it :o plus not sure Qbertopious Rex or whatever @stellablue called it would play nice :lol: 

I don't think he can hear you over the pump :rolleyes: 

:lol: qbertavert 

Sun is setting on the contest tank! 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Already have 2. I love Starry blennies.

I agree, this pump's getting worse. I dunno if I wanna go through all that shit to get another pump. I took it apart ( Marine Depot or IM, I do this for a living so DO NOT go there) and it's sloppy as hell.

Too bad Jebao doesn't make a DC pump this small. Gonna pick Eric's brain tonight.

Need one for your fake contest tank then! :lol:

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, stellablue said:

:lol: qbertavert 

Sun is setting on the contest tank! 

Ok need to remember that name :lol: I found him in the macro in my fuge today............so small he gets lost in there.........hopefully the tank will be good to go this weekend. All corals are doing great in there so far...........

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, stacks said:

He gone!

Oooh well I hope someone on here bought him so I can see him in their tank!

• Like 1
On 5/17/2017 at 10:53 AM, metrokat said:

16 new aquarium journals to follow for inspiration

This is so awesome.  I wonder if we're going to reach the "magic" number of 20?!?!  I don't know why it's magical, but I feel that way.  Is this a safe space where one can share their feeling? :)

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, metrokat said:

'sup

Our FTS can be posted throughout the week, correct? :P I can't tell if my 'floating rock' picture counts, or if I should zoom out... 

• Like 4
Coral_chef
31 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Our FTS can be posted throughout the week, correct? :P I can't tell if my 'floating rock' picture counts, or if I should zoom out... 

Yeah, from what I understand any point during the week feel free. 

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

'sup

Hiiii. Sorry to bother. Could you please add my aqua. Journal for this contest to the front page? 

:D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SushiYum said:

Hiiii. Sorry to bother. Could you please add my aqua. Journal for this contest to the front page? 

:D

No bother at all! link your journal here please. 

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic