EQUIPEMENT:

Apex Jr.

inTank Media basket

Cobalt 50W Heater

Vortech Ecotech MP-10QD

LIVESTOCK:

Coming Soon!!!

THE BEGINNING:

Well here is my official journal for my "100 Days of Nano" entry! Looking forward to see if I can keep up with some nano-reef greats like @lkoechle @Mariaface @Pjanssen. Been following their builds before I even joined this site! So shooting to at least come in a solid 4th place in this contest fingerscrossed

Already feel like a winner however just being part of such an awesome community of reefers! :grouphug: Here's to hoping I don't disappoint anyone in this competition!

• Like 12

"Nano-Reef greats" and "Mariaface" in the same sentence! Buddy, white slime just tore through my aquarium and decimated everything before I realized air fresheners were being sprayed in this house, I think you have me beat already! :P 

You're going to do great! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

"Nano-Reef greats" and "Mariaface" in the same sentence! Buddy, white slime just tore through my aquarium and decimated everything before I realized air fresheners were being sprayed in this house, I think you have me beat already! :P 

You're going to do great! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

A great wealth of information is obtained from all of your experiences... good or bad:P

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Well here is my official journal for my "100 Days of Nano" entry! Looking forward to see if I can keep up with some nano-reef greats like @lkoechle @Mariaface @Pjanssen. Been following their builds before I even joined this site! So shooting to at least come in a solid 4th place in this contest fingerscrossed

Already feel like a winner however just being part of such an awesome community of reefers! :grouphug: Here's to hoping I don't disappoint anyone in this competition!

What a brown noser :lol: 

So what are the plans for the tank?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, spectra said:

What a brown noser :lol: 

So what are the plans for the tank?

Not crash it!

And don't call the brain names! lol

• Like 4
1 minute ago, NanoSteve said:

Not crash it!

And don't call the brain names! lol

Yeah tank crashes suck..............

Ok butt sniffer :P 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, NanoSteve said:

hahaha.  thanks. def dont think I am a "great" :P  average maybe.  I still feel thats a stretch.  

What are your plans?!  I am excited for this contest.  My tank's arriving today! :D

• Like 1

Looking forward to see if I can keep up with some nano-reef greats like @lkoechle @Mariaface @Pjanssen. Been following their builds before I even joined this site! So shooting to at least come in a solid 4th place in this contest fingerscrossed

Thanks for the compliment and vote of confidence, but I'm faaaar from a Nano-Reef great! I'm actually nervous about being watched so closely and coming up with a creative plan.

Not possible to disappoint anyone by building a reef and sharing.

• Like 5

And I'm way outta my league!  I'd be thrilled with an honorable mention ribbon (which is one level higher than the participation ribbon)!  Haha!

Seriously though, I'll second NanoSteve's comment about this awesome community. I've never been part of anything like this and the support and guidance that people provide is truly amazing! 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, lkoechle said:

hahaha.  thanks. def dont think I am a "great" :P  average maybe.  I still feel thats a stretch.  

What are your plans?!  I am excited for this contest.  My tank's arriving today! :D

It blows my mind that you all seem to have plans set in place already?!!omgomgomg

Get my tank on Monday!:haha:

Don't really have anything with claws in my 30L so was leaning towards shrimps and crabs in this 14... Probably a pom pom crab or 2! I keep reading up on the Current light and dont see it being that "great". Probably will attempt several zoas and a few macros (Shaving Brush & Mermaid's Fan).

Trying to look at rock options on Reefcleaners but site seems to be down when I click "Rock & Barnacles" @johnmaloney

5 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

And I'm way outta my league!  I'd be thrilled with an honorable mention ribbon (which is one level higher than the participation ribbon)!  Haha!

Seriously though, I'll second NanoSteve's comment about this awesome community. I've never been part of anything like this and the support and guidance that people provide is truly amazing! 

Pulling for us Rookies!

• Like 3

Dude, I have like 8 tanks planned in my head right now. lol this is just one of them that will fit in 14 gallon. :P

I am confident you have some ideas rolling in there. you hang around here enough you get "Oh! i want to do that too!" ideas.  You've got something good cookin', I know it!

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

It blows my mind that you all seem to have plans set in place already?!!omgomgomg

Get my tank on Monday!:haha:

Don't really have anything with claws in my 30L so was leaning towards shrimps and crabs in this 14... Probably a pom pom crab or 2! I keep reading up on the Current light and dont see it being that "great". Probably will attempt several zoas and a few macros (Shaving Brush & Mermaid's Fan).

Trying to look at rock options on Reefcleaners but site seems to be down when I click "Rock & Barnacles" @johnmaloney

Pulling for us Rookies!

I'm waiting for @jedimasterben's PAR map before I judge the light :P From what I've seen, the tank is shallow enough that it'll be plenty! 

• Like 2

Well we decided on a spot for the tank today! Going to be placed next to the wife's desk in our bedroom. Only real spot in the apartment where I can utilize the peninsula view this tank has to offer.

Now to wait and see if the IM stand will be available in time or whether its tie to build another stand! hmm.. I do have part of the kitchen cabinet left over...

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Well we decided on a spot for the tank today! Going to be placed next to the wife's desk in our bedroom. Only real spot in the apartment where I can utilize the peninsula view this tank has to offer.

Now to wait and see if the IM stand will be available in time or whether its tie to build another stand! hmm.. I do have part of the kitchen cabinet left over...

Build one...........or go to Ikea............

• Like 1

lmao wife was looking for an excuse to go to IKEA!

I'll def take a peak their, but leaning towards building since the cabinet already has the same finish as the bedroom.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, metrokat said:

^^ this

Believe me, I am giving this my all!

This contest came at a great time for me. Been surrounded by deaths the past 2 weeks (RIP Grandma) & had to recently re-live the horrible night I lost a friend due to legal purposes. This contest has been a moral boaster to say the least.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, NanoSteve said:

This contest came at a great time for me. Been surrounded by deaths the past 2 weeks (RIP Grandma) & had to recently re-live the horrible night I lost a friend due to legal purposes. This contest has been a moral boaster to say the least.

I lost my grandma a year ago and I was really really close with her.  I loved her so much.  In 2011 when I first found NR, I lost a friend to caving accident, one to a hit and run, and one in a freak boating accident.  It sucked so bad and I started reefing as a morale booster.  I'm sorry for your losses and I totally relate to you on them.  I hope you have an awesome tank.  And even if you don't, treat it like a horse (I ride dressage so this might only make sense to me and I've had a bit of wine tonight) each one has something to teach you and you learn from it and get better and better.  I love it.  I love riding lots of different horses and I love having different tanks.  No two, whether horses or tanks, act the same way.  Its great to know you can never stop learning and growing.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

I lost my grandma a year ago and I was really really close with her.  I loved her so much.  In 2011 when I first found NR, I lost a friend to caving accident, one to a hit and run, and one in a freak boating accident.  It sucked so bad and I started reefing as a morale booster.  I'm sorry for your losses and I totally relate to you on them.  I hope you have an awesome tank.  And even if you don't, treat it like a horse (I ride dressage so this might only make sense to me and I've had a bit of wine tonight) each one has something to teach you and you learn from it and get better and better.  I love it.  I love riding lots of different horses and I love having different tanks.  No two, whether horses or tanks, act the same way.  Its great to know you can never stop learning and growing.

Thanks for the inspirational words @lkoechle :wub:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs to you. I am very close to my grandmother, she is 96 right now. 

I hope this forum and this contest helps you heal. 

• Like 3
Just now, metrokat said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs to you. I am very close to my grandmother, she is 96 right now. 

Wow, I would have loved for my grandma to make that.  She would've been 90 this year.  I'm sure you treasure every moment. :)

• Like 3
Just now, lkoechle said:

Wow, I would have loved for my grandma to make that.  She would've been 90 this year.  I'm sure you treasure every moment. :)

She's sassy! Every time I talk to her she demands to know if I have a boyfriend or not. :lol: Threatens to beat me. 

• Like 5

Grandmas are the best!

I only knew one and she is no longer with us.........

I even remember one great grandmother from a long time ago........now she was a hoot!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Wow 96! Bless her!

Last year was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. She had at the time overcome breast cancer and made the request of having all her children, grandchildren, etc. attend their renewal of vowels. I am extremely grateful that her request was indeed fulfilled and everyone was able to be present!

• Like 5