inTank Media Baskets

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'm putting a Lifeguard pump in mine. I did a leak test and holy shit that pump is terrible.

can you link the pump? I am interested in trying something other than sicce

25 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

This pump is equal to the IM pump. IM 211 GPH this one maxes out at 210 GPH.......I ran this in my IM 10 and its pretty silent. I heard the spin stream more than the pump. Cheaper than the sicces also.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Recirculation_Pump_Silence_1073.008_Adjustable_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-Tunze-TZ79080-FIPHAD-vi.html

• Like 1
10 hours ago, spectra said:

Ok this thing is driving me ####ing nuts :wacko: 100 days of this and I am going postal......................

OMG.  That's crazy - that can't be normal.  Is it touching the tank or partition wall?   Could it be defective?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

OMG.  That's crazy - that can't be normal.  Is it touching the tank or partition wall?   Could it be defective?

Not touching a thing except water :lol: I tried moving it around.....took it out opened it up cleaned it up then back together and still sounds like a freight train......

Ben is forwarding my email to IM so hopefully a new pump that is quiet arrives soon fingerscrossed I just think its odd that all the pumps are loud. I have had a IM 10, 20 and 30l and none were this loud. Only reason I replaced them was for more flow.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, spectra said:

Ok this thing is driving me ####ing nuts :wacko: 100 days of this and I am going postal......................

That's what mine sounded like too. 

2 minutes ago, stellablue said:

That's what mine sounded like too. 

Y'all have heard my ranting about the pump.  My replacement still isn't here.

My video during leak testing:

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!!

@SeaFurn thats as loud as mine and my other IM pump...  I think their pumps are just loud.  You dont really notice it with all the other normal house noise though.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

@SeaFurn thats as loud as mine and my other IM pump...  I think their pumps are just loud.  You dont really notice it with all the other normal house noise though.

I notice mine :lol: and it is driving me crazy :blink: nice silent morning all by myself and all I hear is a pump.........sad thing is there are 3 aquariums downstairs and I hear the smallest one :lol:

• Like 4

Here is mine for comparison, ignore the Doc McStuffins in the background. lol

does anyone have a video of their replacement for comparison?

• Like 2

I have 2 of the exact pumps from the IM 20s that I had so I tried another that was a water mixing pump in the garage. It has been used for a year or more and well :( its noisy to.........

• Like 1

Mine literally sounded like it was grinding rocks - the humming I can deal with. I'll do a comparison when I get the replacement. 

StinkyBunny
10 hours ago, lkoechle said:

It's not gonna fit so back to the drawing board. I'm gonna take the stock pump apart and see what it's major malfunction is. I reckon it's sloppy in there and there's some rubbing going on.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, metrokat said:

Happy Mother's Day to all our ladies: moms to humans, furballs or finned friends - you rock. have a wonderful day.

Kinda like thanking a Veteran that didn't die in combat on Memorial Day? Well, it's always ok to thank a Vet though. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

It's not gonna fit so back to the drawing board. I'm gonna take the stock pump apart and see what it's major malfunction is. I reckon it's sloppy in there and there's some rubbing going on.

I don't think so.....I have 3 of the same pump and well all of them make noise :( I put one in today that has been a water mixing pump for a year and well still noisy.......

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Kinda like thanking a Veteran that didn't die in combat on Memorial Day? Well, it's always ok to thank a Vet though. 

Swing and a miss on that one.  Strike one; keep your eye on the ball.....

• Like 2
11 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Y'all have heard my ranting about the pump.  My replacement still isn't here.

My video during leak testing:

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!!

9 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Here is mine for comparison, ignore the Doc McStuffins in the background. lol

does anyone have a video of their replacement for comparison?

That's absurd.  Hope they rectify this asap.  This size tank is likely to be kept in a bedroom and having a pump making that kind of noise is going to turn people off.

Side note:  How are all the contestants liking the light?

3 hours ago, stellablue said:

And off we go! 

Fix that light :lol: 

Stella tossed the directions and well just look at it and figure out what is off with it........

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Type-H20 said:

PITA to schedule.  Not friendly enough for me to want to play with it yet so I'm still using the "prescheduled" stuff.  But I'm going to have to soon.  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

I have it on preset #1 (I turned the clock back two hours instead of messing with the schedule), and my halimeda is starting to sprout up again :P I'll get photos once it's gotten a bit further with growth..

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic