SaltCritters.com

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

StinkyBunny
35 minutes ago, spectra said:

What ATS are you going to run?

Probably a JBJ ATO. I like them and have had the best luck with them unless one of the sponsors wants to send me one to review. ;)

Rob said he was gonna let me set this one up, so no worries about competition, lol.

I do goofy stuff, like put sergeant majors in my reef tank.  :D

• Like 1
WhiteWulfe
1 hour ago, metrokat said:

Okay Stinky. imma lay it out for you. GET IN THE CONTEST NAO! Okay fine! use the 20. And you can't get prizes. Nope, not even a filter floss bow tie. Nope. 

But you are now in the contest. Post the damn sticky.

You're REBEL #2 I suppose. 

Suddenly I'm playfully glad I didn't pick up a Peninsula 20 just yet because then you'd be calling me a rebel and saying the same lines about "no prizes but you're in" :P

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

IM will send you a new pump if it's loud.

HAHAH... I have three IM tanks... all the IM pumps are in a box somewhere.  All were crap, noisy as hell.  I've moved on to Sicce 0.5.  They know how to make a pump... I understand IM can't include a $45 pump in a $99 IM 10 tank.  I just accept that I am so picky about noise I will need to replace them.  But they all were terrible.

Here ya go... moved my IM 10 tank to an IM 14 on Saturday... you can see an IM 14 with fish... and water.... and a bubble tip in it......  Figured you might need this after 40 pages of dry tanks.  This is a shot in the side... which is how I look at it.  20 inches deep... a great view.

14Gal.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, stellablue said:

Go yanks! 

They suck :P

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Probably a JBJ ATO. I like them and have had the best luck with them unless one of the sponsors wants to send me one to review. ;)

Ok I thought we were talking a algae scrubber not an ATO ?

• Like 3
StinkyBunny
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

They suck :P

Ok I thought we were talking a algae scrubber not an ATO ?

I'm building my own scrubbers. Once they've been online for a month or so I will post up some pics of before and after.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'm building my own scrubbers. Once they've been online for a month or so I will post up some pics of before and after.

I like the idea and have thought about making one.......shoot me details if it works ;)

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Anybody else got corals yet?

Hell yeah picked up a few zoas out of the bargain bin at the local store.................

6 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Sure do! They're all coming from my other tanks :lol: 

Me to I have lots to work with :lol: 

IMG_3557.JPG

IMG_3550.JPG

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hell yeah picked up a few zoas out of the bargain bin at the local store.................

Me to I have lots to work with :lol: 

IMG_3557.JPG

IMG_3550.JPG

I needs some of those zoas :lol: 

• Like 2
Just now, stellablue said:

I needs some of those zoas :lol: 

Well saw probably 40 polyps total and well for the 30 dollars they were asking I couldn't pass it up. Common zoas but this is a budget tank :lol: Hell not like I can just toss a nice shroom in there........have to watch what goes in........plus no stinging corals with the angler........

• Like 2
Just now, Hippieheadshot said:

@lkoechle is that a sun coral? Never seen a translucent Lps like that, super pretty!

Thanks! Its the same family.  some kind of tube coral. It came in with my liverock. I have to do research this weekend to find specifically what it is. lol  

• Like 5

All hail. :wub:

I'm pretty sure I murdered a bunch of stuff on my new rocks with the same white slime variant that attacked my Fusion 20, so this'll be interesting :P 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mariaface said:

All hail. :wub:

I'm pretty sure I murdered a bunch of stuff on my new rocks with the same white slime variant that attacked my Fusion 20, so this'll be interesting :P 

Well my stuff was shipped all underwater and it was also same day delivery or else I am sure I'd have the same issues because of die off.  In which case I wouldnt have done the LR from a price perspective.  This a little more expensive but clearly has been worth.  Day 3 and zero ammonia so far in both tanks.

2 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

It looks really hungry!! 

Yeah... I just dont want to accidentally cause an ammonia spike! lol  I am going to thaw so PE calanus today and probably feed the coral at least. Maybe I will see if @skoechle can video it for me.  I am also going to thae some mysis and see if I can get Mr. Cling to eat tonight.

• Like 3
Just now, lkoechle said:

Well my stuff was shipped all underwater and it was also same day delivery or else I am sure I'd have the same issues because of die off.  In which case I wouldnt have done the LR from a price perspective.  This a little more expensive but clearly has been worth.  Day 3 and zero ammonia so far in both tanks.

Yeah... I just dont want to accidentally cause an ammonia spike! lol  I am going to thaw so PE calanus today and probably feed the coral at least. Maybe I will see if @skoechle can video it for me.  I am also going to thae some mysis and see if I can get Mr. Cling to eat tonight.

I need. To know. :tears:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

You even got corals on your live rock??

When you live in FL and can get un-cured LR, yes you can. I wish I could get LR that fast. At best it is a full day for me.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic