Coral Vue Hydros

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

1 hour ago, FateX9 said:

I guess I'll play a long. I know I don't have anything in the tank but Kat gave me a pass...I think. Anyways, this is going to be on display at Manhattan Aquariums so if you wanna see it, it'll be on display on the register counter maybe. Still deciding on placement.

Here you go Kat!

Edit: ok so looks like I'm starting off bad. What's supposed to be on the post it? Eh already packed it up. Just copied the person above me.

I get to visit the competition?!!??!

Crap, Manhattan Aquariums will know my plans!

• Like 2
Simulated Fish

Why do all your tanks look weird? I must have gotten a special edition of the Innovative Marine Peninsula 14G tank with a built in Current USA Orbit Marine pro light.... ;)

1494465251877740025984.thumb.jpg.fd01c5e45756982aea150a236f39ff60.jpg

149446534761079599949.thumb.jpg.616da57963d2a82ee2d4efa8c88a7931.jpg

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Why do all your tanks look weird? I must have gotten a special edition of the Innovative Marine Peninsula 14G tank with a built in Current USA Orbit Marine pro light.... ;)

1494465251877740025984.thumb.jpg.fd01c5e45756982aea150a236f39ff60.jpg

149446534761079599949.thumb.jpg.616da57963d2a82ee2d4efa8c88a7931.jpg

REBEL ALERT REBEL ALERT 

5472f9732c48405b67ab16cb3de87841.jpg

• Like 7

tehee! 

I would almost be tempted to do the same thing when I get my biocube.  too bad the contest will be over by the time I get underway with it.

2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

See here's where my Irish/Blackfoot temper comes into play. I'd have been on the phone chewing someone's ass over it. They tried that shit with me during last years blizzard saying they couldn't get here. I cussed them till a fly wouldn't land on them.

Haha I was pretty close to calling and having words with someone.  I'm a pretty patient person so if even I'm getting annoyed, that's bad lol.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Are you going to stay with using the light that way or are you going with the arm mount?

i'm still trying to figure it out because i have a skimmer in the second chamber and it's real tight with the mounting arm, making it real tough for maintenance.  i may just go with the legs for now

• Like 3

I set up an IM 14 last week, and the SICCE 0.5 pump is AWESOME !!  It does not make ANY noise.  Silent.

Anybody in the contest have water in their tank yet ??  Too many dry tank pictures in this thread.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, LX20000 said:

I set up an IM 14 last week, and the SICCE 0.5 pump is AWESOME !!  It does not make ANY noise.  Silent.

Anybody in the contest have water in their tank yet ??  Too many dry tank pictures in this thread.

I am sure they are getting wet this weekend for the most part. there might be a tank or 2 with water.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Boggers said:

I am sure they are getting wet this weekend for the most part. there might be a tank or 2 with water.

yeah, mine isn't happening before Sunday unfortunately.  Might actually be Monday.  Crazy busy through Sunday.  Yuk.

Woah! You guys aren't kidding with the loud pump.  I put mine in a bucket to test it and it's LOUD - not touching the bottom, sides or anything.  Wow.  I think I got used to the Sicce Syncra I have in the IM 10.  I can hear the pump from this tank from across the house :lol:

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Woah! You guys aren't kidding with the loud pump.  I put mine in a bucket to test it and it's LOUD - not touching the bottom, sides or anything.  Wow.  I think I got used to the Sicce Syncra I have in the IM 10.  I can hear the pump from this tank from across the house :lol:

Yes...and I'm praying to the reef gods that the replacement that's coming is quiet! fingerscrossed

• Like 1
RotaryReef
46 minutes ago, LX20000 said:

Im wet!... um I mean my tank is wet... ok maybe we both are :P

Ill have a teaser pic up later in my thread

• Like 6
1 hour ago, LX20000 said:

IMG_20170510_154658_086.jpg

• Like 10
sabrefencer
1 hour ago, stellablue said:

Damn I should have ordered a sicce syncra 0.5 at the same time. BRS has free 2 day shipping now I think for orders over a certain amount. Marine depot has my order somewhere in VA and no scheduled date - I'll be a little behind and probably won't get the tank wet till mid next week 

Just now, sabrefencer said:

Damn I should have ordered a sicce syncra 0.5 at the same time. BRS has free 2 day shipping now I think for orders over a certain amount. Marine depot has my order somewhere in VA and no scheduled date - I'll be a little behind and probably won't get it wet till mid next week 

Well, we can't change out the pumps without being disqualified - but the sicce is going in the day after the competition ends :lol:

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, sabrefencer said:

Damn I should have ordered a sicce syncra 0.5 at the same time. BRS has free 2 day shipping now I think for orders over a certain amount. Marine depot has my order somewhere in VA and no scheduled date - I'll be a little behind and probably won't get the tank wet till mid next week 

Can't change stock hardware. IM will send you a replacement pump if it is loud as shit. 

• Like 3

Not saying yall dont have or havent had loud pumps, maybe I am lucky or maybe I am just used to loud pumps now, but this pump is no louder than my other IM pump I use for mixing.  I think theyre just loud pumps.

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic