ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

PITA to schedule.  Not friendly enough for me to want to play with it yet so I'm still using the "prescheduled" stuff.  But I'm going to have to soon.  

Strip lights = good coverage, but usually are a PITA.  I wonder why one was picked for the contest.

Just now, Type-H20 said:

Strip lights = good coverage, but usually are a PITA.  I wonder why one was picked for the contest.

Price point

@jedimasterben where is our par map? Please...

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

I have it on preset #1 (I turned the clock back two hours instead of messing with the schedule), and my halimeda is starting to sprout up again :P I'll get photos once it's gotten a bit further with growth..

I've been using two so as not to anger everything at once.  lol  But tomorrow I'm going to look into editing the 1st settings.  I've never ran LEDs at 100% so jsut using the base settings makes me nervous.

25 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

That's absurd.  Hope they rectify this asap.  This size tank is likely to be kept in a bedroom and having a pump making that kind of noise is going to turn people off.

Side note:  How are all the contestants liking the light?

Like the others I'm using a preset for now (P1 I believe). Haven't spent much time with the light. Scheduling does seem like it may be a bit tedious.  The preset is way more white than my PAR38 bulb.  Question for the experienced folks - do I have to mindful of the amount of white (intensity/duration) or is the preset pretty safe?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

I have it on preset #1 (I turned the clock back two hours instead of messing with the schedule), and my halimeda is starting to sprout up again :P I'll get photos once it's gotten a bit further with growth..

I can't figure out the moonlight. Thought I set it but nope. 

• Like 1

Here's the video of my pump. New one on the way. You can hear some of the grinding noise, but that's gotten better. The humming/buzzing has gotten worse though lol. I sent it to innovate marine and they said something was definitely wrong with it. I can hear it from two rooms away. I think normal humming is ok and expected. But I think something is up with these pumps. Maybe a bad batch since we all ordered at about the same time and a lot of us seem to have issues. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Got a question for you cuz I don't believe @spectra. I'm not supposed to use these mount clips? 

IMG_2681.JPG

No, those clips are for the other Current Orbit Marine light (not the PRO).  You should have 4, 1/2" screws they sent you separately (along with a shim that no one is using) that you screw into the center of the heat sink.  The threads of the screws grab the heat sink.  Wasn't sure that was gonna hold at first but it does. I just spaced the screws evenly along the mounting arm.  Also use the washers on top of the mounting arm.  Not at home or I'd send a picture. Maybe someone else can.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Got a question for you cuz I don't believe @spectra. I'm not supposed to use these mount clips? 

IMG_2681.JPG

Go look at the thread @lkoechle has and a pic is posted just like I sent you :P she even mention the shim is not needed like I told you.......

Ok so why when I type @ nothing happens ?

2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

No, those clips are for the other Current Orbit Marine light (not the PRO).  You should have 4 1/2" screws they sent you separately (along with a shim that no one is using) that you screw into the center of the heat sink.  The threads of the screws grab the heat sink.  Wasn't sure that was gonna hold at first but it does. I just spaced the screws evenly along the mounting arm.  Also use the washers on top of the mounting arm.  Not at home or I'd send a picture. Maybe someone else can.

I told her all this last night :lol: she thinks I am messing with her or something........

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Go look at the thread @lkoechle has and a pic is posted just like I sent you :P she even mention the shim is not needed like I told you.......

Ok so why when I type @ nothing happens ?

I told her all this last night :lol: she thinks I am messing with her or something........

:lol: so many threads so little time! But it works - it clipped on ?

9 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

No, those clips are for the other Current Orbit Marine light (not the PRO).  You should have 4, 1/2" screws they sent you separately (along with a shim that no one is using) that you screw into the center of the heat sink.  The threads of the screws grab the heat sink.  Wasn't sure that was gonna hold at first but it does. I just spaced the screws evenly along the mounting arm.  Also use the washers on top of the mounting arm.  Not at home or I'd send a picture. Maybe someone else can.

I definitely got the four screws - but I figured hey this works lol

• Like 2
sabrefencer

How long did it take for y'all to receive the mounting arm from current USA ? It's been an entire week and still waiting for confirmation from them for shipping.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stellablue said:

:lol: so many threads so little time! But it works - it clipped on ?

I definitely got the four screws - but I figured hey this works lol

At least take the metal arms off of it :P 

1 minute ago, sabrefencer said:

How long did it take for y'all to receive the mounting arm from current USA ? It's been an entire week and still waiting for confirmation from them for shipping.

Only a few days really. I had the arm before the tank. Maybe contact Kat or Ben maybe you got lost in the system.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sabrefencer said:

Mine only took a few days - got shipping confirmation same day. Did the guy from Orbit email you back? Maybe try shooting him an email. 

The water is starting to clear! 

IMG_2685.JPG

• Like 6
jedimasterben
10 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Price point

@jedimasterben where is our par map? Please...

damnit.

10 hours ago, lkoechle said:

I've been using two so as not to anger everything at once.  lol  But tomorrow I'm going to look into editing the 1st settings.  I've never ran LEDs at 100% so jsut using the base settings makes me nervous.

This is not the kind of light you have to worry about dimming. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

damnit.

This is not the kind of light you have to worry about dimming. 

just in the nick of time. lol I was just getting ready to mess with them.

• Like 1
sabrefencer
1 hour ago, stellablue said:

Mine only took a few days - got shipping confirmation same day. Did the guy from Orbit email you back? Maybe try shooting him an email. 

The water is starting to clear! 

IMG_2685.JPG

Thank StellaBlue: emailed him on the 9th no word back - emailed him again this morning - 

So is the consensus that everyone is running this light at 100percent? I have a radion xr15w pro on my other tank so I'm guessing that par levels are lower than that for the xr15. Run the radion fixture at 50 percent.

Nice aquascape btw looking good ! 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, sabrefencer said:

Thank StellaBlue: emailed him on the 9th no word back - emailed him again this morning - 

So is the consensus that everyone is running this light at 100percent? I have a radion xr15w pro on my other tank so I'm guessing that par levels are lower than that for the xr15. Run the radion fixture at 50 percent.

Nice aquascape btw looking good ! 

Thank you! Yeah, it could be your email maybe went to a junk folder. 

The radion will have more par than this light for sure (or at least I'm pretty sure since @jedimasterbenhasn't posted a par map :P )

• Like 1

I'm going to link to this thread again for anyone trying to program the the light:

There's a zip file in the thread which contains an excel macro file to make programming the light easier.

The yellow cells in column C are what you can change in the light program.

The gray box below tells you exactly what to press on the remote to enter the program.

You will have to overwrite one of the 4 pre-programmed settings to store your settings, but the originals can easily be restored.

• Like 10
MaineReefkeeper
12 hours ago, SushiYum said:

damn! i wish i didn't miss this. does the promo code for the tank/light kit still valid?

Message metrokat and ask.

12 minutes ago, holy carp said:

I'm going to link to this thread again for anyone trying to program the the light:

There's a zip file in the thread which contains an excel macro file to make programming the light easier.

The yellow cells in column C are what you can change in the light program.

The gray box below tells you exactly what to press on the remote to enter the program.

You will have to overwrite one of the 4 pre-programmed settings to store your settings, but the originals can easily be restored.

:wub: thanks HC!!

• Like 1
charlesncharge
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Definitely looks like bubble algae @HouseOf1000Corals, use caution in removing it, you don't want any to break open. I'd give the remaining macro a really good rinse too after removing the bubble algae, just to be safe.

Newbie question here! :)

I read a lot of posts that say rinse well before intro into the tank! rocks ,sand, etc...

Do you rinse with fresh or saltwater??

13 hours ago, SushiYum said:

damn! i wish i didn't miss this. does the promo code for the tank/light kit still valid?

As long as you see the contest bundle on the site, the promo code is still valid.

The contest entry was extended by a week BTW so you have till Wednesday of this week the 17th to officially enter the contest.

You won't get the full 100 days so that's the penalty of a late start. Jump in!

2 hours ago, sabrefencer said:

Ike said he emailed you on May 9. Check your spam folder?

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, charlesncharge said:

Newbie question here! :)

I read a lot of posts that say rinse well before intro into the tank! rocks ,sand, etc...

Do you rinse with fresh or saltwater??

You should dip corals before putting in your tank (lots of threads on here about different methods of dipping). Rock and sand should be rinsed with RODI or clean salt water. Hope that helps. 

If you have any inverts (even micro inverts) on your rock, use saltwater if you choose to rinse.  However, you can rinse packaged sand or dry rock with freshwater.

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic