Pod Your Reef

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

charlesncharge
25 minutes ago, stellablue said:

You should dip corals before putting in your tank (lots of threads on here about different methods of dipping). Rock and sand should be rinsed with RODI or clean salt water. Hope that helps. 

Thanks!

On a side note.... Your paintings are awesome!!!

• Like 4
sabrefencer
41 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Ike said he emailed you on May 9. Check your spam folder?

Thanks ! Yes he did email me on May 9 for my info but haven't heard from him since but I did get confirmation just a few minutes ago that the arm will ship out this week. He must have been backed up - no biggie just wanted to make sure I wasn't lost in cyberspace 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, sabrefencer said:

+1 on Stellablue's paintings - beautiful work - love the clown fish and anemone. 

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! 

• Like 1
On 5/13/2017 at 7:05 PM, StinkyBunny said:

I'm going to try a piece of perforated Loc-line on my IM20. It's all I use in my 50 cube and it's doing a damn good job.

I tried loc-line with my IM 20 Peninsula and it didn't fit.  Contact BRS and they said it doesn't fit on the IM tanks.  

StinkyBunny

8 hours ago, charlesncharge said:

Newbie question here! :)

I read a lot of posts that say rinse well before intro into the tank! rocks ,sand, etc...

Do you rinse with fresh or saltwater??

Where are you located in Md? I'm up in Bel Air, there are actually 3 of us in Harford county.

5 hours ago, stacks said:

I tried loc-line with my IM 20 Peninsula and it didn't fit.  Contact BRS and they said it doesn't fit on the IM tanks.  

I'll look into it and make some sort of adapter if need be, one of the many perks of having a machine shop. ;)

• Like 4

Hey is anyone else's light wired backwards?  This whole time I thought I was messing it up but it turns out, by channels are backwards. lol  So if anyone can't figure out wth their white lights are still on, it's probably backwards.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Were the labels just off? 

lol no.  The directions are off.  Well, I guess they CYA'd by saying CH1 "usually blue" CH2  "usually white".  My lights are not usual I suppose.  So all my preprogrammed stuff are backwards and my preprogrammed moonlights were white and not blue.  But I reprogrammed them, so we're cool now.  I just have to remember mine are backwards.

40 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Hey is anyone else's light wired backwards?  This whole time I thought I was messing it up but it turns out, by channels are backwards. lol  So if anyone can't figure out wth their white lights are still on, it's probably backwards.

So if my blues (moonlight) are on right now (P1) then mine isn't backwards, right?

Just now, SeaFurn said:

So if my blues (moonlight) are on right now (P1) then mine isn't backwards, right?

right.  If your moonlights are blue, you're good.  If your moonlights are white, they're backwards.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

lol no.  The directions are off.  Well, I guess they CYA'd by saying CH1 "usually blue" CH2  "usually white".  My lights are not usual I suppose.  So all my preprogrammed stuff are backwards and my preprogrammed moonlights were white and not blue.  But I reprogrammed them, so we're cool now.  I just have to remember mine are backwards.

You reprogrammed instead of switching their power supplies? 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Can't you just swap the cords? Sounds like maybe they were just mislabeled...

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Can't you just swap the cords? Sounds like maybe they were just mislabeled...

Mine weren't labeled... lol or else I probably would have.  Oh well!  

3 minutes ago, SushiYum said:

if i order tonight.. i prob won't get it by...wednesday. still okay?

11 hours ago, metrokat said:

As long as you see the contest bundle on the site, the promo code is still valid.

The contest entry was extended by a week BTW so you have till Wednesday of this week the 17th to officially enter the contest.

You won't get the full 100 days so that's the penalty of a late start. Jump in!

All you have to do is order the contest bundle and post here that you are officially joining before Wednesday. If you get the tank later, thats just a few days you lose that others have with theirs cycling...

Don't forget to post your full tank shot dry with the sticky note inside when you get the tank.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, SushiYum said:

Just order it already :lol: its okay.............. ;)

• Like 5
charlesncharge
14 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Where are you located in Md? I'm up in Bel Air, there are actually 3 of us in Harford county.

I'll look into it and make some sort of adapter if need be, one of the many perks of having a machine shop. ;)

Sykesville-carroll co

• Like 1
Coral_chef
11 hours ago, SushiYum said:

That's fine, I would suggest starting a bucket cycle since your already behind. 

Could someone post a picture of the rear Chambers? I'd like to think about what I wanna do with mine while it's being shipped. Thanks. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, SushiYum said:

Could someone post a picture of the rear Chambers? I'd like to think about what I wanna do with mine while it's being shipped. Thanks. 

pretty sure it's just filter sock, open area, and then return section.

• Like 5
jedimasterben
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

@metrokat and @jedimasterbendo we have a point of contact for Innovative Marine? Or do I just something like "I am from the contest and I need a new pump."

PM me with your email address and I will forward it to IM to contact you for your address to send a replacement. They normally get back within a couple of hours and ship very quickly.

• Like 6
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic