Innovative Marine Aquariums

100 Days of Nanos

luu78

Welcome to the show.......................any ideas yet or are you winging it ?

And also welcome to the forum.........

• Like 2

Hi guys, thanks for the tropically warm welcome! For now, Im thinking to do an anemone/ornamental shrimp tank with maybe a goby/shrimp pair. I always liked the shrimp tank ideas and maybe take this opportunity and give it a shot.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm unboxing my goodies now. The tank mount adjustable arm bracket for the light also arrived today. Thanks to Ike@Current and Kat for their swift response/action. Some livestocks were ordered today and will be arriving Tuesday I think. Heres a dry tank picture. Im hoping to cycle tank tonight while I search for a decent stand for it in the next couple days. Hopefully my pump wont be a problem like others have encountered. No time to waste hehe. More to come... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

Rockscaping will probably begin tomorrow. Anyone tried using the Aquamaxx Reef Welder Epoxy Glue from MarineDepot, our sponsor? I might just use that to bond my rockwork. Seems like an awesome thermo-plastic product. Gonna go wash my sand now...

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, luu78 said:

Hi guys, I'm unboxing my goodies now. The tank mount adjustable arm bracket for the light also arrived today. Thanks to Ike@Current and Kat for their swift response/action. Some livestocks were ordered today and will be arriving Tuesday I think. Heres a dry tank picture. Im hoping to cycle tank tonight while I search for a decent stand for it in the next couple days. Hopefully my pump wont be a problem like others have encountered. No time to waste hehe. More to come... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome aboard to the sinking ship :lol: fingers crossed your pump doesn't sound like a box of rocks..........................fingerscrossed

• Like 5

Good morning everyone, I got the clean sand in and cycling DT water in new tank with DT filter sock in it last night. Gonna seed the tank with varieties of zooplanktons (3 different species of copepods and different amphipods) tonight. 

• Like 9
15 hours ago, luu78 said:

Rockscaping will probably begin tomorrow. Anyone tried using the Aquamaxx Reef Welder Epoxy Glue from MarineDepot, our sponsor? I might just use that to bond my rockwork. Seems like an awesome thermo-plastic product. Gonna go wash my sand now...

Yes, I used it to bond my one rock to egg crate so that it would balance properly. I got it because I originally thought I was going to doing more. 

Nonetheless...that stuff is so easy to use! 

Does look like a hose from that angle and reflection.  Ive removed it already. Also received some of my invert livestocks today. Im acclimating them now in my IM Nuvo 16 for the next few days until everything is cycled in this tank. I managed to get my hands on 3 Peterson cleaner shrimps and one is actually holding a clutch of eggs. Hopefully the eggs are fertilized so that I can try to rear them. 

Heres the cherried Peterson shrimp...kinda hard to see them eggs....

IMG_0303.thumb.JPG.6bbca7d1bfb313a56cf60d83858060f9.JPG

• Like 3

Hi guys, I finally got a stand at my moms house that she used to place her plants on top. I also managed to finish my rockscape an hour ago. Here's the initial aquascape look...I might tweak a bit to improve right front view of aquascape.....

I will test water parameters tomorrow and if everything goes well with nitrogen cycle, I will start introducing some new residents into the tank. Still looking for a few anemone varieties to color up and complete the look of the tank. Several rock flower anemones will be arriving tomorrow from VIP Reef. Wonder if they will host any anemone shrimps. They're supposed to be ultra color. I wont know until tomorrow.

My current livestocks available for this tank are: (I will consider the $500 livestock limit and review the rules again prior to finalizing the setup)

1. Hi-fin goby/candy-stripe pistol shrimp pair. Got them from a local reefer who has been keeping them over 2 yrs but has to down-size and was afraid they will get eaten by his other fish through the downsizing process

2. Three Peterson shrimps. Unfortunately, the eggs on one of them were not fertilized and were released by mommy. Hopefully they pair up someday. 

3. One sexy shrimp - given by a local reefer since it was picking on his corals. However, I plan to get at least 4 more and hopefully end up with a 1 or 2 male to 3 or 4 female ratio for future rearing of their eggs. According to what I understand, sexy shrimp larve have much higher success rate and easier to rear than the skunk cleaner shrimp which is still impossible to rear thru metamorphosis. 

4. 2 Pom Pom crabs. They're adorable.

5. Strawberry tipped (or whatever theyre called) BTAs. I hope to place them on the top of the rockwork where they will receive the most flow/light. But they will stay where ever they like I guess. Im hoping to get 3 different colors of BTAs to brighten up the tank. 

I plan to order a few white spot anemone shrimps or any other anemone shrimp that I can get my hand on within budget. 

Im also considering the Mini- Maxi carpet anemones as well. I will update as the tank progress. You guys know what day of the week is FTS upload? I can find that out tomorrow in somewhere in the threads.

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

image.jpg

• Like 7
fishfreak0114

Looking good!  I can't wait to see it stocked :) I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure FTS upload isn't on a specific day, just within the week.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, luu78 said:

Hi guys, I finally got a stand at my moms house that she used to place her plants on top. I also managed to finish my rockscape an hour ago. Here's the initial aquascape look...I might tweak a bit to improve right front view of aquascape.....

I will test water parameters tomorrow and if everything goes well with nitrogen cycle, I will start introducing some new residents into the tank. Still looking for a few anemone varieties to color up and complete the look of the tank. Several rock flower anemones will be arriving tomorrow from VIP Reef. Wonder if they will host any anemone shrimps. They're supposed to be ultra color. I wont know until tomorrow.

My current livestocks available for this tank are: (I will consider the $500 livestock limit and review the rules again prior to finalizing the setup)

1. Hi-fin goby/candy-stripe pistol shrimp pair. Got them from a local reefer who has been keeping them over 2 yrs but has to down-size and was afraid they will get eaten by his other fish through the downsizing process

2. Three Peterson shrimps. Unfortunately, the eggs on one of them were not fertilized and were released by mommy. Hopefully they pair up someday. 

3. One sexy shrimp - given by a local reefer since it was picking on his corals. However, I plan to get at least 4 more and hopefully end up with a 1 or 2 male to 3 or 4 female ratio for future rearing of their eggs. According to what I understand, sexy shrimp larve have much higher success rate and easier to rear than the skunk cleaner shrimp which is still impossible to rear thru metamorphosis. 

5. Strawberry tipped (or whatever theyre called) BTAs. I hope to place them on the top of the rockwork where they will receive the most flow/light. But they will stay where ever they like I guess. Im hoping to get 3 different colors of BTAs to brighten up the tank. 

I plan to order a few white spot anemone shrimps or any other anemone shrimp that I can get my hand on within budget. 

Im also considering the Mini- Maxi carpet anemones as well. I will update as the tank progress. You guys know what day of the week is FTS upload? I can find that out tomorrow in somewhere in the threads.

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

image.jpg

I like all your stocking options!

MaineReefkeeper
9 hours ago, luu78 said:

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

image.jpg

The scape looks great!! ☺