Top Shelf Aquatics

100 Days of Nanos

luu78

Did you ever get the Venus Anemone Shrimp in, and if so, what did you think of them in comparison to the White Spot and Pederson Anemone Shrimp?

Also, you have a Pipefish in there, right?

Thoughts on your experience with that?

5 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Did you ever get the Venus Anemone Shrimp in, and if so, what did you think of them in comparison to the White Spot and Pederson Anemone Shrimp?

Also, you have a Pipefish in there, right?

Thoughts on your experience with that?

The most peaceful are the Peterson cleaner  shrimps. The Venus anemone shrimps are OK but they fight with each other often.  And then of course, the white spot and then money shrooms rule the tank. They are the most aggressive.  My blue stripe pipefish is very shy and only roams about  in the middle of the night when the lights are out and always stay  and it's cave. I have had other blue stripe pipefish before and they generally can be seen in the reef roaming for food  throughout the day. Perhaps this one feels threatened by  the anemone shrimps with their ever-moving claws.  Although the contest ended, I will continue to learn about these shrimps , Their behaviors and breeding habits. The journey has begun!

• Like 3