Top Shelf Aquatics

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

48 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Response from Current USA. If anybody would like to contact Ike directly please PM me.

@jedimasterben @Derrick1980 @samnaz @stacks @NanoSteve @lkoechle @coralcousins @Pjanssen @Coral_chef @HouseOf1000Corals @SeaFurn @Mariaface

Hi Kat,

I personally emailed each customer who entered the contest and everyone has sent me their shipping addresses, but no one has said anything regarding an issue on the install.  I'm not sure if anyone has even gotten the arm yet?

We try to be very responsive to customer issues - we have a 100% response rate on Facebook and use a CRM ticket system for all emails.  I checked and we have received nothing on any issues like this.  I will check with Brandon in tech support about calls, but he is pretty good about returning calls.

I pulled one of the arm kits and an 18" Orbit Marine PRO in the warehouse and was able to attach it to the arm in literally less than 1 minute.  It is not wobbly at all, its rock solid on the arm. The only issue I could foresee is if the IM tanks use really thin glass.  The unit we had at the Global Pet Expo worked well with the arm, but I just installed it on an old JBJ tank here (see the attached pic) and the glass is so thin, the clamp is a little loose.

I can preemptively ship customers a little spacer bracket - just to be sure its a tight fit? If you want, I could make some simple instructions and load them onto our website for the nano-reef contest customers. It was a really simple, clean install though.

Let me know your thoughts. Also - don't be afraid to simply provide someone my email address.

Thanks,

Ike

Thanks for trying to help with this, folks.  

Ah, Brandon.  That's who I reached out to!   

I called, not emailed.   Maybe they don't have a ticket system for phone calls.?  And I'm not a part of the contest, so that explains the rest of it.  

Can I get Ike's email address?  Also, I would love to see the picture he sent.  I am less concerned about how the arm attaches to the tank - that I got figured out.  What I can't figure out is how the arm attaches to the lamp.  

2 hours ago, metrokat said:

Stacks I sent your comment to Current USA. can you PM me your email address.

I'm so new to this.  Until recently I've never done anything other than read this site.  How do I PM?

click on the person (to the left) and there is an option to message. OR hover over the pic/name and it will be there too.

19 minutes ago, stacks said:

I'm so new to this.  Until recently I've never done anything other than read this site.  How do I PM?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, stacks said:

Thanks for trying to help with this, folks.  

Ah, Brandon.  That's who I reached out to!   

I called, not emailed.   Maybe they don't have a ticket system for phone calls.?  And I'm not a part of the contest, so that explains the rest of it.  

Can I get Ike's email address?  Also, I would love to see the picture he sent.  I am less concerned about how the arm attaches to the tank - that I got figured out.  What I can't figure out is how the arm attaches to the lamp.  

Sent you a PM. Being part of the contest or not should not influence customer support. Please reach out to Ike.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Just bought a fuge light!!! For the contest tank :wub:

And 200$ worth of goodies for the biocube :mellow:

I thought you didn't have another tank? 

15 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I thought you didn't have another tank? 

I also have a 29g oceanic biocube, that I've been slowly building. When I bought it all that worked was the return pump. 

It's still dry. 

I'm going to start both tanks about the same time. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Just took this pic!

IMG_9229.JPG

Seems legit.  @skoechle and I traded a 55 gallon (with a glass lid that skoechle broke as he was unloading lol) for a biocube of about the same caliber: broken pump, terrible retrofit LEDs.  I never used it. lol I sold it for $20 when we moved.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

Seems legit.  @skoechle and I traded a 55 gallon (with a glass lid that skoechle broke as he was unloading lol) for a biocube of about the same caliber.  I never used it. lol I sold it for $20 when we moved.  

I'm way to invested now to end up selling it.

StinkyBunny
6 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I know what that is and I've never even watched the show :lol:

I don't think there's a show that has EVER been on TV that I hate more. 

3 hours ago, Mariaface said:

Do you think 6MM is thin? I guess I'll find out when mine arrives on Wednesday :lol:

6mm is jut shy of 1/4" 1"=25.4mm

OK, quick question since Marine Depot is dangling the 20 Peninsula in front of me for $50 off. What is the width of the filtre chamber?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

OK, quick question since Marine Depot is dangling the 20 Peninsula in front of me for $50 off. What is the width of the filtre chamber?

IF you are considering that tank, you should just jump on this contest and win some prizes. :)

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, metrokat said:

:)

Attn contestants! @lkoechle @Mariaface @SeaFurn @coralcousins @Coral_chef @NanoSteve @HouseOf1000Corals @skoechle @Pjanssen

Current USA is sending you

-Spacer shim for arm bracket to ensure a snug fit

-Instructions

-Extra set of mounting screws in case you need them

-LOOP Tshirt.

omgomgomg

:wub: <-- for Ike

Love souvenier shirts!

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Man wish the wife had okay this one! Excited to see all these new tanks go up though. :)

All I got out of my mouth was, "Nano-Reef is having a tank build contest" before I was interrupted with, "NO, you have enough tanks".

:mellow:

Enough tanks, how is that even possible? :lol:

• Like 16
42 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Man wish the wife had okay this one! Excited to see all these new tanks go up though. :)

38 minutes ago, seabass said:

All I got out of my mouth was, "Nano-Reef is having a tank build contest" before I was interrupted with, "NO, you have enough tanks".

:mellow:

Enough tanks, how is that even possible? :lol:

You mean you guys didn't just go ahead and do it, then beg forgiveness?  I don't have a wife, but I pull that trick with my spouse all the time and it works wonders. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

You mean you guys didn't just go ahead and do it, then beg forgiveness?  I don't have a wife, but I pull that trick with my spouse all the time and it works wonders. 

Ah...  I had just flooded the basement the week before, so I kind of used up my forgiveness credits.

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, seabass said:

Ah...  I had just flooded the basement the week before, so I kind of used up my forgiveness credits.

Yeaaaaah, I could see that holding back one's ability to get away with things.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, metrokat said:

Response from Current USA. If anybody would like to contact Ike directly please PM me.

@jedimasterben @Derrick1980 @samnaz @stacks @NanoSteve @lkoechle @coralcousins @Pjanssen @Coral_chef @HouseOf1000Corals @SeaFurn @Mariaface

Hi Kat,

I personally emailed each customer who entered the contest and everyone has sent me their shipping addresses, but no one has said anything regarding an issue on the install.  I'm not sure if anyone has even gotten the arm yet?

We try to be very responsive to customer issues - we have a 100% response rate on Facebook and use a CRM ticket system for all emails.  I checked and we have received nothing on any issues like this.  I will check with Brandon in tech support about calls, but he is pretty good about returning calls.

I pulled one of the arm kits and an 18" Orbit Marine PRO in the warehouse and was able to attach it to the arm in literally less than 1 minute.  It is not wobbly at all, its rock solid on the arm. The only issue I could foresee is if the IM tanks use really thin glass.  The unit we had at the Global Pet Expo worked well with the arm, but I just installed it on an old JBJ tank here (see the attached pic) and the glass is so thin, the clamp is a little loose.

I can preemptively ship customers a little spacer bracket - just to be sure its a tight fit? If you want, I could make some simple instructions and load them onto our website for the nano-reef contest customers. It was a really simple, clean install though.

Let me know your thoughts. Also - don't be afraid to simply provide someone my email address.

Thanks,

Ike

If it's literally so simple to assemble why can't I find anyone who knows how? Hm. Are we dumb?

Contesters - I'd love to see who can figure it out without using the special instructions he's sending in an email. 

What's this guys email? I want the special instructions too.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic