ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

maybe Kat or Ben can chime in regarding using it for a fuge in the rear chamber for those of utilizing a sump. 

we arnt allowed to have sumps. no extra water volume according to @jedimasterben

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I'm guessing there are few people here that have no idea what this is

then they have no business being in the contest.  we dont take kindly to their type round here. too young.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I'm guessing there are few people here that have no idea what this is

I know what that is and I've never even watched the show :lol:

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

then they have no business being in the contest.  we dont take kindly to their type round here. too young.

Excuse me!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stacks said:

I'm not in the competition - sad face - but I recently got the PRO lights with the mount for my 20 gallon and can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do it.  I've called Current Customer service twice, left a voicemail and message with someone, and they've not returned my calls.  It's been two weeks now.  Am following this closely to see if you guys are able to find the answer.  If not, then the lights and mount need to go back to Current!

Did you see the screen shots I posted of the Pro mounted on someone's tank? I sent them in a response to a post you made a while back, I believe.  They aren't great photos. But at least they are proof it's POSSIBLE. I gave up on it awhile ago and I have no desire to get it out and try again. I'll wait until someone from this contest figures it out, heh ;)

Plus, I can't imagine the arm mount can support the weight of the Pro fixture without wobbling all over the place at the slightest touch. When I used it to mount my non-pro Orbit fixture (super lightweight in comparison to Pro version) it was pretty loose and wobbly.

Sounds likes the fellas at Current are giving a cold shoulder because they don't actually know how to mount the Pro. OR they're just really, really bad at giving instructions. The mounting "instructions" are so unclear it's ridiculous.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

we arnt allowed to have sumps. no extra water volume according to @jedimasterben

I could have sworn the InTank refugium basket fits in the second media tray slot area ~_^  Such is making use of a chamber that's already there, so wouldn't be adding volume - it's adding on things like a CPR AquaFuge2 that Ben said no to :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jedimasterben said:

No, that is part of filtration and is okay - you simply may not add any additional display lighting. Again, the point of this is to keep as much as possible the same between contestants so that only their choices of livestock, aquascaping, and maintenance will make the difference :)

So if  put a small clip on light over, and not behind the rear chamber that's ok?

2 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

What about a small fuge light to grow some chaeto in the rear chamber?? (Like the aqua gadget magnafuge LED) 

2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

this is basically what I wanted, but she said no extra light

@jedimasterben

Benny - please chime in

2 hours ago, stacks said:

I'm not in the competition - sad face - but I recently got the PRO lights with the mount for my 20 gallon and can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do it.  I've called Current Customer service twice, left a voicemail and message with someone, and they've not returned my calls.  It's been two weeks now.  Am following this closely to see if you guys are able to find the answer.  If not, then the lights and mount need to go back to Current!

Stacks I sent your comment to Current USA. can you PM me your email address.

1 hour ago, jedimasterben said:

No, that is part of filtration and is okay - you simply may not add any additional display lighting. Again, the point of this is to keep as much as possible the same between contestants so that only their choices of livestock, aquascaping, and maintenance will make the difference :)

The Benny has spoken!

CONTESTANTS ARE ALLOWED TO ADD A SMALL REFUGIUM LIGHT FOR THE BACK CHAMBER.

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, samnaz said:

Did you see the screen shots I posted of the Pro mounted on someone's tank? I sent them in a response to a post you made a while back, I believe.  They aren't great photos. But at least they are proof it's POSSIBLE. I gave up on it awhile ago and I have no desire to get it out and try again. I'll wait until someone from this contest figures it out, heh ;)

Plus, I can't imagine the arm mount can support the weight of the Pro fixture without wobbling all over the place at the slightest touch. When I used it to mount my non-pro Orbit fixture (super lightweight in comparison to Pro version) it was pretty loose and wobbly.

Sounds likes the fellas at Current are giving a cold shoulder because they don't actually know how to mount the Pro. OR they're just really, really bad at giving instructions. The mounting "instructions" are so unclear it's ridiculous.  

I did see those pics - Thank you!!  However, in those pics, the mount was perpendicular to the length of the tank.  Whereas, I think most of us are looking to mount it parallel to the length of the tank.  

And I completely agree.  "Instructions" is certainly the wrong word for that silly document they put in the box.  Not only am I incapable of getting the lights mounted, but I'm also really worried about doing so.  Doesn't feel like it could be stable.  I'm really looking forward to what the folks in the contest figure out also! 

Response from Current USA. If anybody would like to contact Ike directly please PM me.

@jedimasterben @Derrick1980 @samnaz @stacks @NanoSteve @lkoechle @coralcousins @Pjanssen @Coral_chef @HouseOf1000Corals @SeaFurn @Mariaface

Hi Kat,

I personally emailed each customer who entered the contest and everyone has sent me their shipping addresses, but no one has said anything regarding an issue on the install.  I'm not sure if anyone has even gotten the arm yet?

We try to be very responsive to customer issues - we have a 100% response rate on Facebook and use a CRM ticket system for all emails.  I checked and we have received nothing on any issues like this.  I will check with Brandon in tech support about calls, but he is pretty good about returning calls.

I pulled one of the arm kits and an 18" Orbit Marine PRO in the warehouse and was able to attach it to the arm in literally less than 1 minute.  It is not wobbly at all, its rock solid on the arm. The only issue I could foresee is if the IM tanks use really thin glass.  The unit we had at the Global Pet Expo worked well with the arm, but I just installed it on an old JBJ tank here (see the attached pic) and the glass is so thin, the clamp is a little loose.

I can preemptively ship customers a little spacer bracket - just to be sure its a tight fit? If you want, I could make some simple instructions and load them onto our website for the nano-reef contest customers. It was a really simple, clean install though.

Let me know your thoughts. Also - don't be afraid to simply provide someone my email address.

Thanks,

Ike

• Like 7
1 minute ago, coralcousins said:

@metrokat Question do we have to use the orbit mount ? Since I'm not eligible to get the free mount. I'll have to order one if it's mandatory.

No, its an option. :)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, coralcousins said:

@metrokat Question do we have to use the orbit mount ? Since I'm not eligible to get the free mount. I'll have to order one if it's mandatory.

No, the mount was only if you wanted it. You can hang it or use the existing mounting brackets.

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic