Top Shelf Aquatics

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

On 4/21/2017 at 7:29 AM, metrokat said:

Good news!! Contest Start Date is now May 10th.

(grace period is allowed, please PM close to May 10th if something comes up that is unavoidable like a shipping delay, travel, etc)

Contestants are required to post a sticky note inside their tank - @jedimasterben will post here on May 10th, what the sticky note needs to say.

So there's time for procrastination....:happydance: I might be in

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

Anyone one of you contestants gonna tease us with your plans?

Sure!

My plan is not to crash the tank in 100 days!

• Like 8
11 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Mine is supposed to arrive on Wednesday.  I'll make an attempt at it and post pictures if I figure it out.  

how do you know when your arm is arriving? I haven't gotten confirmation on anything. I hope Kat remembered to let them know that I want one.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone :)

8 hours ago, cnseekatz said:

I'm not actually a contestant, but this just happened...

34277322476_6674d54a78_b.jpg

• Like 12
8 hours ago, cnseekatz said:

I did. And now I have changed them. :ninja:

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

how do you know when your arm is arriving? I haven't gotten confirmation on anything. I hope Kat remembered to let them know that I want one.

I got a FedEx tracking number emailed to me along with a sample order invoice (no charge! - thank you Current USA) yesterday. 

Have you got an e-mail from Ike about it? He e-mailed me and let me know it was in the works several days ago. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I got a FedEx tracking number emailed to me along with a sample order invoice (no charge! - thank you Current USA) yesterday. 

Have you got an e-mail from Ike about it? He e-mailed me and let me know it was in the works several days ago. 

nooooooo:(

13 hours ago, samnaz said:

Has anyonnnneeee successfully mounted the Orbit Pro on their tank with the arm mount?

I'm not in the competition - sad face - but I recently got the PRO lights with the mount for my 20 gallon and can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do it.  I've called Current Customer service twice, left a voicemail and message with someone, and they've not returned my calls.  It's been two weeks now.  Am following this closely to see if you guys are able to find the answer.  If not, then the lights and mount need to go back to Current!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SeaFurn said:

What about a small fuge light to grow some chaeto in the rear chamber?? (Like the aqua gadget magnafuge LED) 

this is basically what I wanted, but she said no extra light

• Like 1
On 4/25/2017 at 4:19 PM, seabass said:

I keep several hundred thousand rotifers.  But I haven't named them all yet.

Now THAT is laugh-out-loud funny.  

My coworkers wanted to know what had me laughing so hard.  

• Like 1
jedimasterben
54 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Are you gonna start a thread for the tank??

Of course. :)

23 minutes ago, stacks said:

I'm not in the competition - sad face - but I recently got the PRO lights with the mount for my 20 gallon and can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do it.  I've called Current Customer service twice, left a voicemail and message with someone, and they've not returned my calls.  It's been two weeks now.  Am following this closely to see if you guys are able to find the answer.  If not, then the lights and mount need to go back to Current!

I will say this about the arm mount that I received - it's long. It holds the light nicely, but depending on where you put it it will be in the way of filtration or will stick over the front of the tank since it is made to hold up to two sets of lights.

19 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

really? dang. so no fuge light like a jbj nanoglo? @metrokat?

No, that is part of filtration and is okay - you simply may not add any additional display lighting. Again, the point of this is to keep as much as possible the same between contestants so that only their choices of livestock, aquascaping, and maintenance will make the difference :)

• Like 7

Hey guys, I need some helo with my stand/tank support.  I don't want to hijack the thread, so if you wouldn't mind looking here:

I would really appreciate it.  we are planning on working on it this weekend, so we need to know what we are doing.  And right now, we aren't in agreement on what should be done so we need outside opinions and more experiences.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

I will say this about the arm mount that I received - it's long. It holds the light nicely, but depending on where you put it it will be in the way of filtration or will stick over the front of the tank since it is made to hold up to two sets of lights.

Please post detailed pics of what you did - especially how you actually attached the light to the arm!

Derrick1980

If anyone has their light and has already programmed it, I could use some help.  I have programmed the orbit pro three times now and it won't save the settings or something.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic