Top Shelf Aquatics

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

12 minutes ago, skoechle said:

She has a really really REALLY strong argument. It's just VERY logistically challenging.

OUR TANK IS GOING TO BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

• Like 7
StinkyBunny
24 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Marine depot made this video just for me!!

lol

its a sign that I need one 

Order foods ahead of time. The Capellin eggs, Nutrimar Ova and arctic pods from Marine Depot are a biggie for my Scooties and Target mandarins. I also feed them homegrown blackworms which are VERY easy to culture if you have a yard and a place to put a tub.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

OUR TANK IS GOING TO BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Waiting now so don't disappoint....... :blink: otherwise I will have to say an epic failure...............;) 

5 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Order foods ahead of time. The Capellin eggs, Nutrimar Ova and arctic pods from Marine Depot are a biggie for my Scooties and Target mandarins. I also feed them homegrown blackworms which are VERY easy to culture if you have a yard and a place to put a tub.

do tell on the worm farm..............

• Like 1
Just now, spectra said:

Waiting now so don't disappoint....... :blink: otherwise I will have to say an epic failure...............;) 

I know...  I often have dreams better than my reality. fyi.  I can see a blade of grass and tell you a it was a sequoia. Its a trait from my grandma.  She'd see a cow peeing and think it's water broke and we'd sit for hours on the side of the road at a random pasture waiting for a calf that'd never come. So... yeah..  BUT I SWEAR ITS GOING TO BE EPIC!!!!!

• Like 3
StinkyBunny
17 minutes ago, spectra said:

do tell on the worm farm..............

Just a foot or so deep tub with leaves thrown in it. Add the worms, then collect them every few days. They eat the leaves and reproduce like mad in there. If it gets warm, I add an airstone just to be safe.

9 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Just a foot or so deep tub with leaves thrown in it. Add the worms, then collect them every few days. They eat the leaves and reproduce like mad in there. If it gets warm, I add an airstone just to be safe.

Well here it gets cold.......so not sure it would work in the yard.

• Like 1

I would totally start a worm farm for my fishes! But it also gets cold here, so it would have to be inside. 

I miss my mandarin. It ate frozen foods really well. I only lost it when he jumped through eggcrate. :tears:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I would totally start a worm farm for my fishes! But it also gets cold here, so it would have to be inside. 

I miss my mandarin. It ate frozen foods really well. I only lost it when he jumped through eggcrate. :tears:

Sorry to hear that......it sucks when you think you have to covered (pun intended) I lost a yashi through the BRS stuff over my 40 breeder........smaller than egg crate......

30 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well here it gets cold.......so not sure it would work in the yard.

Idk I live in Oklahoma it gets to like 5* in the winter and 120* in the summer so I'm not sure that would work here either. 

18 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

That's so sad. 

14 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

I say no - it will add a pretty significant amount of water volume to the tank. I added a little over 10 gallons of water to my tank after accounting for sand, rock, and the fact that a 14 gallon tank doesn't actually hold 14 gallons internally without overflowing lol. The CPR Aquafuge2 small comes in at 2.5 gallons, which is an additional 20-25% water volume.

Ok, so no HOB refugiums, stock return pump only, we can pick our own flow (I think you recommended Koralia 240 or 425), any other equipment rulings I might have missed in the last 14 pages? 

• Like 2
Just now, SeaFurn said:

Ok, so no HOB refugiums, stock return pump only, we can pick our own flow (I think you recommended Koralia 240 or 425), any other equipment rulings I might have missed in the last 14 pages? 

Nope.  Just that @Mariaface , @NanoSteve , and @Coral_chef are competing for NOT last place and @Pjanssen is going to sweep us all (supposedly) and my tank is going to EPIC

• Like 7

This thought ran through my head at some point today about posting pictures for this contest - I wonder if @DaveFason gives private photography lessons??  :ninja:

#Miyreefbowlpicssuk  #Getabettercamera

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Nope.  Just that @Mariaface , @NanoSteve , and @Coral_chef are competing for NOT last place and @Pjanssen is going to sweep us all (supposedly) and my tank is going to EPIC

Epic yes :lol: I hope.................

Oh and @Pjanssen said second place is just the first loser :lol: Hell yeah get the s**t talking going :lol: my kind of lady right there :wub: now the question is can she back it up..........................

12 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

And media baskets were ok too I think. 

And I wanted to finished somewhere in the Top 10!!  Haha!!!

Should be good I only think 5 people are involved so far........

Good luck and remember this is all in fun!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, skoechle said:

She has a really really REALLY strong argument. It's just VERY logistically challenging.

I hear you on that - I don't even have a vehicle myself, so getting certain things home, especially heavier and/or bulkier ones are always...  Interesting.

19 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Doh! hope I don't lose my broom!

6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Epic yes :lol: I hope.................

Oh and @Pjanssen said second place is just the first loser :lol: Hell yeah get the s**t talking going :lol: my kind of lady right there :wub: now the question is can she back it up..........................

fingerscrossed:scarry:

• Like 1
jedimasterben
23 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

@jedimasterben did you ever make a par graph for the light?

I did, but then I realized that I made it for the Orbit IC and not the Orbit Marine Pro, so I have to now get it all set up again to take the measurements and haven't had the time :(

8 minutes ago, metrokat said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENNY!!!

omgomgomg

8 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Happy birthday, @jedimasterben:lol:

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic