Cultivated Reef

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

1 minute ago, Derrick1980 said:

So I decided I'm entering the contest.  I placed my order.

Glad to see you join, and if you have questions along the way your fellow contestants and mods are good people to ask questions from.

• Like 1
Derrick1980
1 minute ago, Boggers said:

Glad to see you join, and if you have questions along the way your fellow contestants and mods are good people to ask questions from.

Lol I'm only kidding. ;) I'm not experienced enough for this.  But maybe there will be another contest down the line.. after I've gained some more knowledge. :)

• Like 3
coralcousins

Anyone else do a leak test and check the pump ? While I was doing my leak test I started the pump and the thing is so loud ! I've tried repositioning the suction cups, placing it in the center so it's not touching anything and nothing I can't get it to quiet down.  It's like a constant rattling.

8 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Anyone else do a leak test and check the pump ? While I was doing my leak test I started the pump and the thing is so loud ! I've tried repositioning the suction cups, placing it in the center so it's not touching anything and nothing I can't get it to quiet down.  It's like a constant rattling.

They tend to be loud.  You can take it apart and see if the shaft is seated properly.  I will say I use my stock IM pump as a salt mixing pump and it's quieted down after a couple months.  And I'm pretty sure the 14 and the 25 are the same pumps.  211 gph right?

coralcousins
4 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

They tend to be loud.  You can take it apart and see if the shaft is seated properly.  I will say I use my stock IM pump as a salt mixing pump and it's quieted down after a couple months.  And I'm pretty sure the 14 and the 25 are the same pumps.  211 gph right?

yeah it's a 211 gph. Ill take it apart once I get home. But seriously the thing sounds like a low power blender. I could hear it from my front door as I left today which is two rooms away from the tank lol hopefully it's a break in period. 

2 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

yeah it's a 211 gph. Ill take it apart once I get home. But seriously the thing sounds like a low power blender. I could hear it from my front door as I left today which is two rooms away from the tank lol hopefully it's a break in period. 

Yeah... don't read my lagoon thread.  I have a terrible time with return pumps.  Or read it and don't think the sicce syncra will solve your problems and you only have to put up with it for a 100 days...

• Like 3

I have the rock and sand! PLEASE don't tempt me with a tank

If I could only figure a good place to put this style of tank

• Like 5
1 minute ago, uwharrie said:

only a little 14, and you can put is sideways like a normal.  LOL   need all the participants we can get.

• Like 5
Mariaface
6 minutes ago, uwharrie said:

I haven't gotten my APS stand so mine's sideways :P 

• Like 3
Just now, Mariaface said:

I haven't gotten my APS stand so mine's sideways :P 

Mine's an angel

edit: sitting on an angle. lol

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Boggers said:

only a little 14, and you can put is sideways like a normal.  LOL   need all the participants we can get.

My hubby may kill me. I sold the 4.2 because 2 tanks were a pain. But I need somewhere to park the evil witch ( maroon clown) so I can take a pair of snowflakes from a friend

Tempted, OH so tempted

• Like 2

My hubby may kill me. I sold the 4.2 because 2 tanks were a pain. But I need somewhere to park the evil witch ( maroon clown) so I can take a pair of snowflakes from a friend

Tempted, OH so tempted

Um, hear there's a spot at the LFS? lol  Thats where the witchy ones go for me.  lol

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, uwharrie said:

Tempted, OH so tempted

Park the snowflakes in this tank would look better. :)

I know about the other half not liking the idea of another tank. But it's a contest!!!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Um, hear there's a spot at the LFS? lol  Thats where the witchy ones go for me.  lol

I have asked. No one wants a bitchy Maroon clown!

• Like 1
Just now, uwharrie said:

I have asked. No one wants a bitchy Maroon clown!

frying pan? j/k j/k  I would never do that.  But it doesn't stop me from threatening because they don't know I wouldnt. lol

• Like 2

well I pulled the trigger. Heaven help me!

Nooooo! More competition.  lol j/k sort of.  Welcome to the fun!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, HighCurrent said:

Dang it! Built mine too soon!

IMG_4235.thumb.JPG.f6889050514f144f03de52f23b7009dc.JPG

NOOOOOO! Delete delete. This post never happened. OHAI!!! Sure!!! You can be a contestant. :flower:

:lol:

Bummer but please feel free to post about your success and challenges, livestock deets. And memes. :)

• Like 7
2 hours ago, stellablue said:

:lol: I like the way you think! I've been trying to convince him he should do it! He has some more than mild interest - and he can do easier corals. We need a tank for jimmy the royal gramma that was in the 10 gallon ....

You need to join already. Time is running out, and Jimmy needs a new home. LOL

1 hour ago, Derrick1980 said:

So I decided I'm entering the contest.  I placed my order.

1 hour ago, Derrick1980 said:

Lol I'm only kidding. ;) I'm not experienced enough for this.  But maybe there will be another contest down the line.. after I've gained some more knowledge. :)

First I was like 

67fdc5007377c6e5e77f6b75d90d0fd1_tumblr-

But now I'm like

137552-sad_panda.jpg

• Like 5
On 4/28/2017 at 7:11 PM, spectra said:

Hell may have to get in just so I can play with the arm mount :lol: 

I still like my Tide gooseneck mount ;)

You still on the fence? time is ticking and better to get the tank in by the 10th for the start date. ;)

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic