Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

2 hours ago, Mariaface said:

My rocks are stinking up a storm so far :P Should've shipped them overnight... 

Harsh cycle then? Do you want to maybe do some water changes to preserve the life on them?

24 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Nope.  Can't decide what I want

A little bit of this, a little bit of that. ;)

Mariaface
Just now, metrokat said:

Harsh cycle then? Do you want to maybe do some water changes to preserve the life on them?

I am! Two 100% water changes (I just switch them between the buckets) so far, fingers crossed for another one today and then another wednesday when I get more salt :) 

I've also got prime in there, and carbon, and added a few mL of Microbacter while I was at it 

4 minutes ago, metrokat said:

A little bit of this, a little bit of that. ;)

Pretty much

2 hours ago, Derrick1980 said:

Lol I'm only kidding. ;) I'm not experienced enough for this.  But maybe there will be another contest down the line.. after I've gained some more knowledge. :)

There are a couple of other newbies . You can do it

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

I am! Two 100% water changes (I just switch them between the buckets) so far, fingers crossed for another one today and then another wednesday when I get more salt :) 

I've also got prime in there, and carbon, and added a few mL of Microbacter while I was at it 

So, like remind me again why you keep saying you're going to kill everything. Sounds like you got this times 10.

• Like 1
Mariaface
13 hours ago, metrokat said:

So, like remind me again why you keep saying you're going to kill everything. Sounds like you got this times 10.

Because everything that goes into my Fusion 20 dies! Except fish! The fish are fat and happy, which I'm thankful for. My snail bomb from John is also still alive, along with the blue legged hermit. (edit: also my pom pom crab, just saw her last night when I broadcast fed)

I ordered cuvettes from Hanna, which get to my place tomorrow - I'll test everything and see where I'm at. There's polyfilter floss in the media chambers, so I'll check their color and see if it's a heavy metal or just organics...

StinkyBunny
9 hours ago, lkoechle said:

soooo who all has rocks?

How many hundred pounds you want? :D

2 hours ago, Derrick1980 said:

Lol I'm only kidding. ;) I'm not experienced enough for this.  But maybe there will be another contest down the line.. after I've gained some more knowledge. :)

Everybody's gotta start somewhere and this would be a GREAT place to learn.

2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Yeah... don't read my lagoon thread.  I have a terrible time with return pumps.  Or read it and don't think the sicce syncra will solve your problems and you only have to put up with it for a 100 days...

Know what I use? Those super cheap Lifeguard pumps, DEAD silent.

1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

I decided, I got the 20 peninsula, lol.

• Like 1
Derrick1980
44 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Pretty much

There are a couple of other newbies . You can do it

Wife won't let me :/

HighCurrent
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

NOOOOOO! Delete delete. This post never happened. OHAI!!! Sure!!! You can be a contestant. :flower:

:lol:

Bummer but please feel free to post about your success and challenges, livestock deets. And memes. :)

LOL I'll practice post next to everyone who is in the contest...:wacko:

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
10 minutes ago, metrokat said:

That's just wrong Stinky. :slap:

This is America, BIGGER is ALWAYS better. ;)  I have supar sekret plans for this tank.

• Like 1
WhiteWulfe
34 minutes ago, metrokat said:

b40849c4395915689b1a268c19dd053b.jpg

And that's why I'm open and honest about what I spend.  Besides, hubby is a google wizard, he'd figure it out in thirty seconds anyways, so no point hiding it.  Hubby's an enabler for me and my hobbies though, so I struck gold apparently, as our rule is "so long as both get shiny". 

17 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

This is America, BIGGER is ALWAYS better. ;)  I have supar sekret plans for this tank.

Hope it has a not-so-secret built thread to go with it for those of us still saving up for a Peninsula 20 - or should I say a pair of them.... With APS stands too.  At least that's my dream, so hubby gets clownfish AND Kuhli leaches to watch (I'm allowed tanks, but apparently I do all the work and he gets to have a say as to what fish are in the tank) 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Coral_chef said:

So much to catch up on today!!

how many people are we up to now??

Eleventy.  Right? :lol:

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I'm trying to order.  But NR is hopping too much!  I need to stay on top of the threads.  These pop-ups are going to be the death of me. lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

*waits for deets*

I don't kno what deets means.  but if you mean details I have rocks now.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

I don't kno what deets means.  but if you mean details I have rocks now.

Haha yes, deets = details.  Just being silly! :happy:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Boggers said:

You still on the fence? time is ticking and better to get the tank in by the 10th for the start date. ;)

With my work schedule it wouldn't happen till the weekend........I get home and only have a few hours till bed time.......but yes on the fence......I had a few beers last night and almost ordered :lol: 

• Like 6
StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

And that's why I'm open and honest about what I spend.  Besides, hubby is a google wizard, he'd figure it out in thirty seconds anyways, so no point hiding it.  Hubby's an enabler for me and my hobbies though, so I struck gold apparently, as our rule is "so long as both get shiny". 

Hope it has a not-so-secret built thread to go with it for those of us still saving up for a Peninsula 20 - or should I say a pair of them.... With APS stands too.  At least that's my dream, so hubby gets clownfish AND Kuhli leaches to watch (I'm allowed tanks, but apparently I do all the work and he gets to have a say as to what fish are in the tank) 

The build will be in my thread Leather and Lace. My tank will be here Monday, we may be picking up M's RSM250 this weekend. Next weekend will be busy, take her 60 cube down, set up the RSM250 and plumb it all together.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, spectra said:

With my work schedule it wouldn't happen till the weekend........I get home and only have a few hours till bed time.......but yes on the fence......I had a few beers last night and almost ordered :lol: 

Triple dog dare you to enter.  Lol

You just have to tank me when you win the Nanoboxreef surprise.  ?

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, Boggers said:

Triple dog dare you to enter.  Lol

You just have to tank me when you win the Nanoboxreef surprise.  ?

Yeah I am just still not sure...........I just am not sure my plans would work for the 14........just a little small.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah I am just still not sure...........I just am not sure my plans would work for the 14........just a little small.

14 is 41 after a few beers. :flower:

You can dooo ittttt. (Thick Italiano accent)

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic