Cultivated Reef

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

Can you help an old sister out? Okay, I know it's the way of the world, but aside from this forum, I tend to avoid social media. I much prefer to have my social life be, well...social (i.e.-lets do lunch etc)! But I was rereading the rules etc and noticed the line about posting to social media sites to get more votes. I don't really know how to do that. Technically I do have a Facebook page, but I never go on it. Also, it just occurred to me, Is this really just going to be a popularity contest? I mean, if we are trying to get votes by going on social media, then does the reefer with the most friends win? Catch me up to the times. Thanks:)

• Like 3
Mariaface
2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Can you help an old sister out? Okay, I know it's the way of the world, but aside from this forum, I tend to avoid social media. I much prefer to have my social life be, well...social (i.e.-lets do lunch etc)! But I was rereading the rules etc and noticed the line about posting to social media sites to get more votes. I don't really know how to do that. Technically I do have a Facebook page, but I never go on it. Also, it just occurred to me, Is this really just going to be a popularity contest? I mean, if we are trying to get votes by going on social media, then does the reefer with the most friends win? Catch me up to the times. Thanks:)

It's optional! :) I don't really go on Facebook or anything, so I opted for a really simple one - instagram. I can just take the photos with my phone, post them with some #tags, and let it happen!

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I use instagram but I actually primarily use it for my life (more relatives use instagram than fb) so I have it locked down.  I have added people I trust on NR (maria, teeny, kat etc) and I will probably add the contest folks I am unfamiliar with later but I dont feel comfortable making it super public because I post more about my kids and family on there.

Is thete a way to have two IG accounts?

• Like 2
Mariaface
Just now, lkoechle said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I use instagram but I actually primarily use it for my life (more relatives use instagram than fb) so I have it locked down.  I have added people I trust on NR (maria, teeny, kat etc) and I will probably add the contest folks I am unfamiliar with late but I dont feel comfortable making it super public because I post more about my kids and family on there.

Make another account! You can easily switch between them - I made an account specifically for aquarium things :)

• Like 3
Just now, Mariaface said:

Make another account! You can easily switch between them - I made an account specifically for aquarium things :)

How do i do that? 

RotaryReef
8 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I'm hoping its not a popularity contest as well. If that were/is the case than this contest would be less appealing.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

I'm hoping its not a popularity contest as well. If that were/is the case than this contest would be less appealing.

i dont think it is because its community votes which means  NR people

Mariaface
4 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

How do i do that? 

Click on your profile icon in the bottom navigation, click the 'settings' gear icon, then scroll down to where it says 'add account'. It brings you go the login page and you can 'sign up' at the bottom

• Like 2
Just now, Mariaface said:

Click on your profile icon in the bottom navigation, click the 'settings' gear icon, then scroll down to where it says 'add account'. It brings you go the login page and you can 'sign up' at the bottom

Yeah, I set up a second account for just NR stuff a couple of weeks ago. I think I had to use a second e-mail address.  It's nice that you can then use the drop down on the profile screen and switch between accounts easily.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Yeah, I set up a second account for just NR stuff a couple of weeks ago. I think I had to use a second e-mail address.  It's nice that you can then use the drop down on the profile screen and switch between accounts easily.

I used ny phone number since I used fb the first time.

lkoechle_reef :)

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I used ny phone number since I used fb the first time.

lkoechle_reef :)

9 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Official_NanoSteve

Yay, following. Since that is your fishy account - make it public and not private. Post fishy stuff, tag the sponsors if it is a contest related post. Everybody reposts content. Ha, the other day Bogi (my cat) was reposted on a popular cat instagram profile. :D

Regarding popularity contest and posting on social media- winners will be chosen by a community poll on nano-reef. @Pjanssen

Members of this community are on social media, sometimes a lot more than on the forum. (I'm certainly guilty). Some folks may not have heard about the contest but did on Instagram or FB. Social media is optional, whatever you want to do is perfectly fine. Once our FTSs start to come in, I'll be posting on my channels, and encouraging our sponsors to do the same. 

• Like 5

Psst hey guys, I posted my "things" on IG since I changed my mind on the direction of things  lol

and I need help IDing two of them. :P

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Boggers said:

I don't IG...so I am not of help. :)

trying out this shareable link thing.  These are the two that need ids (yoh should be able to click to see the second image? I think?)

This is a pic of all things.  Teaser: None of them are going ib the contest tank and none of them are staying in the lagoon.:ninja:

• Like 4
RotaryReef
Spoiler
Just now, lkoechle said:

trying out this shareable link thing.  These are the two that need ids (yoh should be able to click to see the second image? I think?)

This is a pic of all things.  Teaser: None of them are going ib the contest tank and none of them are staying in the lagoon.:ninja:

Frag Tank?:ninja:

Or someone is getting a bowl before Cinco de Mayo, and it wont have queso in it..

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Frag Tank?:ninja:

Or someone is getting a bowl before Cinco de Mayo, and it wont have queso in it..

frag tank is the back up plan if I cant get what I want ?

and no, thanks to this plan, reef bowl is firmly out of my grasp forever... Or until I can wear @skoechle down and prove the merits of having more tanks than terrestrial organisms living in our house. lol

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Acan and Favia would be my thought, but I am not much of an LPS guy.

• Like 1
Mariaface
45 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

The second looks like favia to me, but the first looks too undulating to be an acan. Maybe a small open brain or lobo? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

The second looks like favia to me, but the first looks too undulating to be an acan. Maybe a small open brain or lobo? 

lobo is a good thought as well on the first one. I was thinking it had it's skeleton broken.

Mariaface
8 minutes ago, metrokat said:

It's an LPS! Problem solved :D

Basically just feed it with a shovel and watch it grow, right? :P  

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic