SaltCritters.com

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

Mariaface
3 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Probably...I just haven't attempted to get them out yet.  I've been playing around with the brackets they sent to get the light mounted to the arm. 

First post was a fail!!  Didn't see the extra small gray packages of brackets they put in the shipping box at first.  You need those.

But to use them, wouldn't you need to mount the light perpendicular to the bracket? In which case the bracket ends up ruining one of the peninsula sides? I'm confused. I'm gonna wait for the follow-up package and see what happens :P 

• Like 1

Yeah, if you wanted to mount it to the short end of the tank the brackets would have to be different than the ones they sent. And I'm not sure really how that would work with the heat sink the way it is.  

• Like 1
Just now, spectra said:

Nanobox is a pretty simple install......................just saying :lol: 

Ha! I just treated myself to a Quad, so never mind all my previous posts and frustration about the Pro and the arm mount.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Yeah, if you wanted to mount it to the short end of the tank the brackets would have to be different than the ones they sent. And I'm not sure really how that would work with the heat sink the way it is.  

I keep telling you they're sending the right pieces... lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

I keep telling you they're sending the right pieces... lol

Hopefully they do to be able to mount it the other way.  Did you get 4 small gray packages of brackets in your shipping box?  

• Like 1

Ok it is officially.....................on :o tank ordered and still not sure why :lol: I have 50lbs of pukani in the garage will that be enough for a rock farm...........

Now I need to bug my local dealer for a certain critter I want.................

• Like 13
Just now, SeaFurn said:

Hopefully they do to be able to mount it the other way.  Did you get 4 small gray packages of brackets in your shipping box?  

Yes, and if you look at sack's thread they told him the same thing and he spoke with ike directly.  We can't mount it yet.  They're sending sack a kit too.

Just now, spectra said:

Ok it is officially.....................on :o tank ordered and still not sure why :lol: I have 50lbs of pukani in the garage will that be enough for a rock farm...........

4354109.jpg

• Like 6

Dang I need to go shopping....................and out to the garage and cut up some rock. 50lbs just seems a little much. Plus I don't even think any of them will fir in the tank :blink: I have some basketball sized rock out there.........

So ordered tank,heater and some plastic basket from some guy named Stevie....................anyone heard of him ?

Hoping to get a clownfish sticker so I can copy @lkoechle

• Like 6
36 minutes ago, spectra said:

Now I need to bug my local dealer for a certain critter I want.................

This is just awesome. I need an appropriate meme. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, metrokat said:

This is just awesome. I need an appropriate meme. 

Have one of a guy drinking beer :lol: 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dang I need to go shopping....................and out to the garage and cut up some rock. 50lbs just seems a little much. Plus I don't even think any of them will fir in the tank :blink: I have some basketball sized rock out there.........

So ordered tank,heater and some plastic basket from some guy named Stevie....................anyone heard of him ?

Hoping to get a clownfish sticker so I can copy @lkoechle

Yeah?  Well he gave me three!

So he'll probably give you an entire harem...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

I haven't received no bracket for the light :tears: No shipping info either...

Maybe head to home depot and get a 2x4...........

Nanobox for the win :lol: I am going to keep pushing it...........

• Like 1

What the hell I get 30 notifications on this thread during the day................get home and everyone disappears.....................

PJ gets a pass she fell down ;) hope all is well............

• Like 3
coralcousins
24 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Is there a fill line on this tank that I'm not noticing?

I believe it says to fill the water till it's one inch below in the filter area.  

Did you test your pump yet ? lol

Coral_chef
7 hours ago, coralcousins said:

I believe it says to fill the water till it's one inch below in the filter area.  

Did you test your pump yet ? lol

Yeah I tested the pump, maybe it's just cause I'm so new to the hobby I don't think it's that loud 

Some pumps from same maker can sound different, and sometimes you get use to a certain level of noise. I am not on the forums at night most of the time. It's family time instead of work time. :)

Normally there is not a fill line, you just fill it until it runs smoothly and set with your ATO. if you have no ATO you would want to add extra so you don't burn out the pump when it runs out of water.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic