inTank Media Baskets

Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations

Christopher Marks

14 hours ago, lizzyann said:

Just ditto-ing @Matteo and @pokerdobe (if they could maybe get us a FTS to see how things are recovering 😉😉😉), and wanted to nominate @SaltyTanks if noone has yet. Love saltytanks' aesthetic and reading about their tank and vision!

By ‘we’ I mean me. Thanks so much @lizzyann but seriously my tank is not worthy. Maybe when I’ve grown out a bit more and can figure out how to color up some browned out LPS then I could be so lucky to be considered for this honor. 

F5C5A2C1-4B5D-4A60-9E28-AFDD81C080B9.gif

• Wow 1
16 hours ago, lizzyann said:

Just ditto-ing @Matteo and @pokerdobe (if they could maybe get us a FTS to see how things are recovering 😉😉😉), and wanted to nominate @SaltyTanks if noone has yet. Love saltytanks' aesthetic and reading about their tank and vision!

I second all of these tanks and would also add @mitten_reef and @Tigahboy

(I know Tigah's tank may not qualify, but his blending of SW and traditional planted aquascaping is both unique and inspiring; plus, like FW planted tanks, his tank has matured very quickly and may not necessarily last long as long before needing to be rescaped)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • 1 month later...

What are the actual qualifications for a tank that can be nominated? I can’t find any specific rules or standards besides it being a tank with saltwater, possibly fish, most assuredly rock, and almost positively containing coral. And a tank journal. Other than that it seems a free for all. 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 10/13/2009 at 7:22 PM, Christopher Marks said:

If you would like to recommend a community member's nano reef aquarium to be featured in our Monthly Reef Profiles, please post your nomination here. Include the member's name, a link to their aquarium journal thread, a current FTS if possible, and tell us why you nominated them. Aquariums under 40 gallons are preferred, but exceptions are often made.

Featured reefs are chosen for a myriad of reasons, there is no one formula for selection. Some of these reasons may include: aquarium maturity, unique livestock, system design, aquascaping, clever DIY builds, good husbandry, minimalism, or system automation.

Ideally, nominated aquariums should have current and typically updated members aquarium journal. Please only post nominations here, unrelated discussion or comments may be removed.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This tank by @KMitch is a little bit 'young', but it clearly has already taken off.  also, we don't see true zeovit nano often (ever?).  I'm very intrigued at how quickly the system seems to have matured.  Definitely should be on everyone's watch list. 

Also @SaltyTanks's IM40 is coming up on a full year here, and it is looking great.  who am I kidding, it looked great from the start.  

Anyway, if you haven't already, go follow these two awesome tank threads....🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Also @SaltyTanks's IM40 is coming up on a full year here, and it is looking great.  who am I kidding, it looked great from the start.  

I can definitely second @SaltyTanks 40g system. Really gorgeous reef with an awesome aquascape that does a fantastic job of utilizing the unique (read: really freakin' tall) dimensions of the IM 40.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much @mitten_reef and @billygoat.  I sincerely appreciate both of your votes and kind support - you guys make it such a pleasure to be active on NR.  Though I still feel like my tank is just not there yet.  It's not all hunky-dory like it may seem.  I'm going to photo dump soon, so you can see what I'm talking about.  In the meantime, my vote is for @mitten_reef (assuming he moves that giant obnoxious frag rack out of center view) and @KMitch.  With such a wide spectrum of mixed corals that have such different needs, it amazes me how Mitten is getting such great color out of EVERYTHING - and EVERYTHING is looking so full and chunky.  I'm only now seeing KMitch's journal for the first time, and already love it - such a cool scape and coral selection that pops even more with the backlit background lighting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
On 2/17/2021 at 7:38 AM, IceParrot said:

I got one: @xiaoxiy SPS canyon reef. It is not exactly nano but it is one of the nicest tanks I have seen in a long time. The growth gifs are a cool edition too.

Aww! Thanks for the nomination, and I'm glad to hear that you like the growth gifs!

• Like 3
  • 7 months later...
36 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Let me just bump this…

manatee GIF

I have some member’s tanks lined up for future months, but I am always on the lookout for more. What reefs are catching your attention these days?

I can’t stop watching his nose smoodge the glass 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 1 month later...