Coral Vue Hydros

Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations

Christopher Marks

thecoralbeauty
16 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

I just came across this thread .Not sure if this has been a totm ,but its definitely one of the nicest tanks I've seen around... awesome tank @Asureef

growing corals like weeds? has my vote!

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 8:39 PM, IceParrot said:

@billygoat’s 18g biotope because of how realistic and the amount of detail in that awesome little nano.

You are kind to recommend me, but I feel like my little tank can't hold a candle to any of the amazing reefs on this site! 😂 I'm really only an amateur when it comes to reefing, and if I've had success with my system it's entirely due to the amazing guidance I've received from all the helpful and knowledgeable veterans here on N-R.

Also keep in mind my biotope is not even six months old yet, so it still has a long way to go! 😅

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to nominate @lizzyann's IM 20 peninsula mixed reef. She has been so meticulous in dealing with a really wide variety of problems and her tank keeps looking amazing through all of them. I feel like it would make for a very interesting and informative write-up. 😁 Her photography is top-notch too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, billygoat said:

I would like to nominate @lizzyann's IM 20 peninsula mixed reef. She has been so meticulous in dealing with a really wide variety of problems and her tank keeps looking amazing through all of them. I feel like it would make for a very interesting and informative write-up. 😁 Her photography is top-notch too.

Thank you, I'm so honored!!! I feel way too new to all of this to be deserving, and know my tank has a ways to go, but it makes me feel so motivated and excited that you view my tank that highly!

• Like 2

I second @lizzyann and @billygoat because not only do they both have exceptional tanks (each unique in their own ways), but they are both also very helpful reefers.  I bugged both of them with questions and each went above and beyond to help me (a complete stranger) with very thoughtful and detailed responses.   

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to nominate @Jackal227’s  Biocube 16 for Tank of the Month. The journal he has kept on his tank has really led the way for most of us with the LED Biocubes, as he goes out of his way to use his tank to teach others. I will be forever grateful to him; my tank wouldn’t have become what it is without his model to follow! 

Jackal’s tank just reached its 2 year anniversary, and is a wonderful example of a mixed reef that demonstrates the range of corals (including SPS!) that can be grown with the Biocube stock lights. I think a feature of his tank would really be a benefit to new hobbyists, since it would lead more people to all of the great info he has put together for those setting up a Biocube. 

I know Jackal just ordered a new 50 gallon tank so he can upgrade; I’m hoping there might be an opportunity to feature his beautiful tank before the upgrade. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Ocean_dreamer89
On 12/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, banasophia said:

I would like to nominate @Jackal227’s  Biocube 16 for Tank of the Month. The journal he has kept on his tank has really led the way for most of us with the LED Biocubes, as he goes out of his way to use his tank to teach others. I will be forever grateful to him; my tank wouldn’t have become what it is without his model to follow! 

Jackal’s tank just reached its 2 year anniversary, and is a wonderful example of a mixed reef that demonstrates the range of corals (including SPS!) that can be grown with the Biocube stock lights. I think a feature of his tank would really be a benefit to new hobbyists, since it would lead more people to all of the great info he has put together for those setting up a Biocube. 

I know Jackal just ordered a new 50 gallon tank so he can upgrade; I’m hoping there might be an opportunity to feature his beautiful tank before the upgrade. 

I agree with Banasophia!! Jackal has been instrumental in so many people’s experiences with the Biocube. I know that me, personally, would have been wayyy behind the curve had it not been for Jackal’s journal. His tank has gone through so much and in the end turned out even better for it.  He has given me the confidence that even if something goes terribly wrong, it’s still gonna be ok with time and patience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I'd like to see both @mitten_reef and @pokerdobe as the featured TOTM.. 

Definitely @pokerdobe

Thank you for the nomination, @FISHnChix! Truly appreciate the thought.  My tank is hardly ready for such spotlight.  I think it has at least 4-6 more months of uninterrupted growing to do before it’d look anywhere near what I had imagined. Right now it’s just a frag city. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

I'd like to see both @mitten_reef and @pokerdobe as the featured TOTM.. 

34 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Definitely @pokerdobe

Thank you for the nomination, @FISHnChix! Truly appreciate the thought.  My tank is hardly ready for such spotlight.  I think it has at least 4-6 more months of uninterrupted growing to do before it’d look anywhere near what I had imagined. Right now it’s just a frag city. 

Truly, thanks for the nomination, but I don't think my tank is worthy. I think there's a lot of folks out there with more ingenuity, creativity and know-how than me that deserve the spotlight. Plus, others who probably contribute more than me as well. I just do drive by comments and occasionally post pictures. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Definitely @pokerdobe

19 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Truly, thanks for the nomination, but I don't think my tank is worthy. I think there's a lot of folks out there with more ingenuity, creativity and know-how than me that deserve the spotlight. Plus, others who probably contribute more than me as well. I just do drive by comments and occasionally post pictures. 

Meh modesty is over rated. Mitten your tank is always going to be a display/frag tank with your love of sps .. still totm worth imo.. would like to see a write up on your tank. 

And pokerdobe I love your tank too.. I know your supposed to be "active " in your thread  , but I believe you still qualify 🤙

Let's get some NEW first time tanks as TOTM.. not that the tanks that repeated arent AMAZING🤯, but we all know there is a 1000 ways to reef. I love reading how different successful reefers keep such great tanks!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

this tank is nice: 

Yes!! I agree 100%! And pretty crazy you just posted this nomination cuz I was just thinking about it today too!! Such a beautiful tank and amazing photography! 😍😍😍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...