Pod Your Reef

image.thumb.png.c26bb9a60cc7efe61b1fa568aad8f9b7.pngreally hoping my trident is having a fit, given the only change has been topping up with saltwater (rsbb) with an alk of 8. I expected the alk to rise as the salinity back in line (4ppt), but double? Β Whee old school titration kit

Sample line is blocked... explains the crazy readings. Β I didn't make any changes thankfully, so I'm grabbing a hanna alk tester, for when this happens. Β probably wise to have anyway... my old test expire in june

• Like 1

Turns out it’s borked inside. Β Neither of us are DIY fixers, so it’s manual alk testing every few days for a while.

Β 

e: on the plus side, everything is placed now, and the tank looks great. Β The toxic slimer and grape soda are being drama queens, but will be fine once they get used to the new light & fllow.

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Multiple Sclerosis + Summer πŸ₯΅

alk is now 8=8.5 and everything is looking nice, mainly just basing out. Β Pics soon hopefully.

Β 

But this is awesome

Β 

Polo Reef on a β€œbudget” 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don’t neglect your RO! Β We sure did 🀬. Β Installed in an inconvenient place to see the resin, couldn’t figure out why all the coral looked annoyed (some very annoyed). Β Come to realize it’s been 14 months, 14 since we changed filters. Β DI is a golden brown, TDS reads 0. Β Hopefully clean water and some big waster changes help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gord passed away, we found out when every scavenger in the tank was in a writhing ball of gluttony for 12h. Β  Very circle of life stuff πŸŒ™πŸŒž

Β 

We quickly sourced a new YWG to pair up with Tony and keep him fed. Β We spot fed his burrow between Gord’s passing and Boris’s arrival (7 days). Β They paired up within 90 seconds. Β Boris is more active/spry, more colourful, much smaller. Β Pics soon.

• Like 2