inTank Media Baskets

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

This guy is extra salty
4 minutes ago, McCune said:

So do you think if I order tank stuff through amazon my wife won’t notice because of the constant flow of boxes that show up daily.

Good idea maybe I can sneak one by the ole lady

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, McCune said:

So do you think if I order tank stuff through amazon my wife won’t notice because of the constant flow of boxes that show up daily.

My wife just asked tonight if I recently ordered an aquarium. I replied no, why? (And that was truthful)

She answered - because you’ve been getting boxes almost everyday for the last 2 weeks! 

It has all been aquarium stuff though, so mine is on to me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Hello !  Just entered the competition.  Leak tested my tank and will be setting it up tomorrow with some live rock and sand from other tanks.  Second post and first ever competition.  I have been in the hobby for a few years and cant wait to learn and see some awesome tanks.  Let me know if I need anything else here. 

E1197B4A-EE1E-4B71-8382-C46F13FCFCBD.jpeg

• Like 11
NoOneLikesADryTang
51 minutes ago, McCune said:

Just have it delivered to your work. Problem solved. 

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, got2envy said:

Must. Resist. 😆

Enterrrrr the connnntesssttttt

A08C663F-981E-4E30-A5FD-CA0426882120.jpeg.7f6867e1e03a1380d53ef9186ca94ae6.jpeg

Hey all ya really gotta do by the 29th is post the condiment pic and your intent to enter... it’ll all sort itself out after that 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
This guy is extra salty
17 minutes ago, got2envy said:

I will sleep on it! I do have an empty Nuvo 16 👀

i ❤️ me some Nano- reef contests....I haven’t been in one in years.

Do it!  We’ll have 50+ contestants!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, mitchels6 said:

This is my first time doing a competition tank. How many entries do these competitions usually get?

Depends on how many people are interested in participating, and have the resources to do so. Last year's pico reef started off strong, but many folks dropped out halfway (myself included) for a variety of reasons. 

But I *think this year might be different, and we'll actually see most tanks still chugging along for the full 365-days duration. 

• Like 3
This guy is extra salty
4 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Depends on how many people are interested in participating, and have the resources to do so. Last year's pico reef started off strong, but many folks dropped out halfway (myself included) for a variety of reasons. 

But I *think this year might be different, and we'll actually see most tanks still chugging along for the full 365-days duration. 

I believe last year’s contest was 42+ competitors. 

9 minutes ago, mitchels6 said:

This is my first time doing a competition tank. How many entries do these competitions usually get?

Just think of it as your own 52weeks of reefing. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
MainelyReefer

So I can start my build thread on the 29th right?  Just want to make sure that’s kosher and likely won’t have the time until Saturday.  Just don’t want to be DQ’d over a misunderstanding!

• Like 4

Q)

1 hour ago, GraniteReefer said:

So I can start my build thread on the 29th right?  Just want to make sure that’s kosher and likely won’t have the time until Saturday.  Just don’t want to be DQ’d over a misunderstanding!

A)

On 1/31/2020 at 9:11 PM, Christopher Marks said:

you must begin your 365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge build by the end of February 2020! This means that by February 29th 2020 you will need to have done the following tasks:

1. Sourced your qualifying 20 gallon or smaller all-in-one reef tank and equipment.
  2. Started a new aquarium journal here on Nano-Reef.com in our Aquarium Journals Forum.
  3. Shared a photo of your dry AIO nano reef tank in your new aquarium journal with Your Favorite Food Condiment inside.
  4. Posted an announcement of your entry into the competition here in this thread with a link to your build journal.

So yep, you have until the end of Saturday to get your entry together.

• Like 7

I was gonna wait until the last day, last hour, last min. and sec.  but thought what if i mess up...I would be SOOO bummed so I went ahead I made me new build thread,  

only problem is I stole @GtownSalty flower power name...well damn now I have to think of something else. open to ideas.   

• Haha 1
Aqua Splendor

Is it possible to switch tank? (After the deadline)

I'm having some concern with the size of my tank, i can't fit all the hardware correctly. 

@Christopher Marks

I'm looking for other tank a bit bigger.

Edit: I might found one:

24" x 12" x 18" Crystal Series Aquarium - 20 gal High from Seapora

would this be ok?

http://www.reefsolution.com/catalog/aquarium-canopy-stand-rimeless-frameless-crystal-series-aquarium-high-p-10052.html

• Like 2

All the conversations about needing the wife or husband's permission to enter makes me very glad I am not married.  I have too many expensive hobbies between aquariums and scuba diving!  😂

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, Felicia said:

All the conversations about needing the wife or husband's permission to enter makes me very glad I am not married.  I have too many expensive hobbies between aquariums and scuba diving!  😂

Well am married and look at it this way I dont complain when new shoes or outfits are purchased...........so if I want another aquarium well does it matter.............she knows what corals cost.........well kind of :lol: but does know there not cheap............she asked one day how much were those lights............ :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic