Pod Your Reef

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

I'm gonna have to water test my tank so I'm hoping that doesn't count as filled up .  Dont know if I'm going to do it before the end if the month since I have to wait for caulking to cure.  Mods any more info please 

Why does clicking on the tag show 53 results? Not all of the results are actual contest entries threads. Showing gallery photo's that are of contest tanks but I find that annoying. Sorry to complain guess I need another cup of coffee.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Why does clicking on the tag show 53 results? Not all of the results are actual contest entries threads. Showing gallery photo's that are of contest tanks but I find that annoying. Sorry to complain guess I need another cup of coffee.

I'm inclined to agree. It would be great to have a listing of all contest entries, either attached to the first post in this thread, or the contest tag is trimmed to only build threads. I'm on my first cuppa joe as well, so a virtual *toast* to everyone! At least Friday is finally here!

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

2 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

I'm inclined to agree. It would be great to have a listing of all contest entries, either attached to the first post in this thread, or the contest tag is trimmed to only build threads. I'm on my first cuppa joe as well, so a virtual *toast* to everyone! At least Friday is finally here!

Because Somebody (mentioning no names) decided to tag all the system shots too 🙄

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

Once all of the entries are in, Chris will add all the names and links to threads to the first post. There's a placeholder there for now. 

I think I did count over 35 entries so far... 

• Like 4

I've noticed a couple of questions in a few of the threads that @Christopher Marks may need to weigh in on.  I understand that we must have our tanks by the 29th in order to take our condiment entry photo.  However:

• Must all major non-tank equipment (lights, pumps, etc) be ordered prior to the 29th; and if so, must it be delivered by then?
  • Can we change non-tank equipment (lights, heater, etc, as long as it still meets the contest restrictions) throughout the year long contest?
  • Can we add equipment, like a qualifying wavemaker, IceProbe, etc, during the contest?
  • Like 4
Christopher Marks
8 hours ago, Maddlesrain said:

I’m officially done constructing the tank! I’ll make a thread with this official entry photo shortly, but I just wanted to share since I’m excited to have it done!! The only thing left to add is some sort of ATO. Can I add this later, or do I need every piece of equipment I’ll use for the duration of the year right now? 

54 minutes ago, seabass said:

I've noticed a couple of questions in a few of the threads that @Christopher Marks may need to weigh in on.  I understand that we must have our tanks by the 29th in order to take our condiment entry photo.  However:

• Must all major non-tank equipment (lights, pumps, etc) be ordered prior to the 29th; and if so, must it be delivered by then?
  • Can we change non-tank equipment (lights, heater, etc, as long as it still meets the contest restrictions) throughout the year long contest?
  • Can we add equipment, like a qualifying wavemaker, IceProbe, etc, during the contest?

By the end of day February 29th, hobbyists who wish to join the competition must have created a new aquarium journal and posted a photo of their qualifying dry all-in-one aquarium with a condiment placed inside.

All other equipment is optional, and can be added, changed, or replaced as needed throughout the competition year, as long as it still conforms to the original competition rules set for equipment.

If an aquarium breaks or fails to hold water within the competition period, a competitor may remain in the competition if the tank is replaced with another qualifying all-in-one style aquarium of similar volume (+/- 4 gallons) and the transition of livestock is documented.

'Work in progress' DIY all-in-one tanks do not need to be 100% finished by the 29th and will be accepted as long as the journal and condiment photo requirements are still met by the 29th. If you can show you have the empty tank with condiment inside, your work in progress DIY AIO plans, and don't start up the tank before the AIO insert is installed, you'll be all set to enter and stay qualified. We will also need to see a second condiment in tank photo with the AIO installed, before it gets filled up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
4 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

By the end of day February 29th, hobbyists who wish to join the competition must have created a new aquarium journal and posted a photo of their qualifying dry all-in-one aquarium with a condiment placed inside.

All other equipment is optional, and can be added, changed, or replaced as needed throughout the competition year, as long as it still conforms to the original competition rules set for equipment.

If an aquarium breaks or fails to hold water within the competition period, a competitor may remain in the competition if the tank is replaced with another qualifying all-in-one style aquarium of similar volume (+/- 4 gallons) and the transition of livestock is documented.

'Work in progress' DIY all-in-one tanks do not need to be 100% finished by the 29th and will be accepted as long as the journal and condiment photo requirements are still met by the 29th. If you can show you have the empty tank with condiment inside, your work in progress DIY AIO plans, and don't start up the tank before the AIO insert is installed, you'll be all set to enter and stay qualified. We will also need to see a second condiment in tank photo with the AIO installed, before it gets filled up.

Thank you for the clarification! Now I don’t have to race against the clock to figure out the ATO, so that’s a relief! Haha 
I’ll be making my own journal with the qualifying photo I posted above here shortly! I also just ordered some more material to do a little DIY light construction this weekend! Woohoo! 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Seea said:

Ok, that would make sense so I will just wait for the nuvo fusion 20 gallon to come in stock. Thank you.

I would really reach out to IM directly to see that the story is. I could be totally wrong and only read that once online at this point its 100%  not fact checked and rumor.

I have talked to them vis FB and they got back to me with in a day or so..

are you looking for the standard 20 or the peninsula??    

Chadicus Meridius
6 hours ago, devaji108 said:

I would really reach out to IM directly to see that the story is. I could be totally wrong and only read that once online at this point its 100%  not fact checked and rumor.

I have talked to them vis FB and they got back to me with in a day or so..

are you looking for the standard 20 or the peninsula??    

I am looking for the standard 20. Innovative marines website has it in stock, but I don’t know if I should buy it from them. I will contact them. Thanks.

Question I just bought a Fluval Evo tank used and have the images, and also just setup up a few days ago. Can I still join the competition. I am unable to shoot the tank dry with my favorite food but have all the other pics and current pic from day 1 of the tank?

32 minutes ago, Seea said:

I am looking for the standard 20. Innovative marines website has it in stock, but I don’t know if I should buy it from them. I will contact them. Thanks.

I think you may not be able to get it in time for the contest at this point... are you set on that particular tank, or is there a different one you might consider as a backup so you can get it in time?

13 minutes ago, meno19 said:

Question I just bought a Fluval Evo tank used and have the images, and also just setup up a few days ago. Can I still join the competition. I am unable to shoot the tank dry with my favorite food but have all the other pics and current pic from day 1 of the tank?

You would have to drain it for the condiment pic and then refill. 

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, meno19 said:

24 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

You would have to drain it for the condiment pic and then refill. 

@meno19 , hi and welcome! 

:welcome:

Looks like you’re new to the forum, not sure if you are a new hobbyist. I’ve talked to a few new hobbyists that are considering joining in on the contest, though they are a bit overwhelmed by the thought of having to empty their tank for the condiment pic... just wanted to reassure you it’s not hard, doesn’t take too long, and we could totally talk you through it if needed, just let us know! 🤗  

• Like 4
Chadicus Meridius
43 minutes ago, banasophia said:

I think you may not be able to get it in time for the contest at this point... are you set on that particular tank, or is there a different one you might consider as a backup so you can get it in time?

It would be fine if I did not make it in. It would be cool, but It will be my first tank. Just asking for advice. Thanks you. I’m trying to get the biggest tank in budget and this is the one, plus it has more water to keep the tank stable.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, meno19 said:

You wouldn't be the first person to have to drain their tank to take a condiment photo......  It really isn't that bad!

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, banasophia said:

@meno19 , hi and welcome! 

:welcome:

Looks like you’re new to the forum, not sure if you are a new hobbyist. I’ve talked to a few new hobbyists that are considering joining in on the contest, though they are a bit overwhelmed by the thought of having to empty their tank for the condiment pic... just wanted to reassure you it’s not hard, doesn’t take too long, and we could totally talk you through it if needed, just let us know! 🤗  

Yeah with this being my first tank I’m just gonna keep it as is don’t want to take out the liquid to just do the photo. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, meno19 said:

Yeah with this being my first tank I’m just gonna keep it as is don’t want to take out the liquid to just do the photo. 

Okay, well if you change your mind before the deadline on 2/29, you could let us know here, or you can also pm me and I’d be happy to try to help...

More importantly, of course you can still do a regular journal and regular posts, and people will follow along and help if needed. I’d love to follow... I’m just starting an Evo myself. I barely missed the start of a contest when I first joined too, but it seems there’s a new contest here every year, so there will always be another chance to do a contest in the future. 😊

• Like 2
3 hours ago, banasophia said:

I think you may not be able to get it in time for the contest at this point...

question for all you NR folks. my tank my not... probably not be here by the 29th   so can I take a pic in another tank same size just not rimless and still be good or am I SOL?? 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

question for all you NR folks. my tank my not... probably not be here by the 29th   so can I take a pic in another tank same size just not rimless and still be good or am I SOL?? 

Not now that you confessed haha 

16 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

What did you order that is taking so long? Just curious. Or is it a secret? :ninja:

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

What did you order that is taking so long? Just curious. Or is it a secret? :ninja:

I bet it’s the custom microwave ATO Ferrari body tank

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I bet it’s the custom microwave ATO Ferrari body tank

Here’s my custom tank 🤷‍♂️Yep im calling it Tupperwarari 😂

image.jpg

• Haha 10
  • Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic