Innovative Marine Aquariums

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

38 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well am married and look at it this way I dont complain when new shoes or outfits are purchased...........so if I want another aquarium well does it matter.............she knows what corals cost.........well kind of :lol: but does know there not cheap............she asked one day how much were those lights............ :unsure:

LOL Did you tell her it was in the realm of a gold plated toilet seat :)

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, waldoz said:

LOL Did you tell her it was in the realm of a gold plated toilet seat 🙂

Oh she knows...............like I said when she asked how much were those lights..............I was hesitant but said oh about a grand..............

She asks whats that coral...........and I tell but she also likes it when people come over or I hand her cash when I sell something..........so its a win win......... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
29 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh she knows...............like I said when she asked how much were those lights..............I was hesitant but said oh about a grand..............

She asks whats that coral...........and I tell but she also likes it when people come over or I hand her cash when I sell something..........so its a win win......... :lol:

smart move 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

My husband would just rather me have one huge 800g tank or something then multiple small ones cuz if I have too many it looks like pet store to him.

My husband has said the same thing!! And man I'd give my left arm for a big 250 or something so I could put everything I have in it and have them all find their own corner to live in.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

My husband would just rather me have one huge 800g tank or something then multiple small ones cuz if I have too many it looks like pet store to him.

Well I have one tank only but only 150 gallons........I miss multiple smaller tanks to be honest......

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty
19 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

My husband has said the same thing!! And man I'd give my left arm for a big 250 or something so I could put everything I have in it and have them all find their own corner to live in.

I read “big left arm” for 250$ 
immediately this pops into my mind

06E74FC4-2219-4A14-9552-8431EA74006C.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was just playing around.  I think its actually pretty cute/comical!  I just feel guilty enough justifying some of my purchases to myself, let along to a significant other! 😂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I read “big left arm” for 250$ 
immediately this pops into my mind

06E74FC4-2219-4A14-9552-8431EA74006C.png

quite possibly my next tattoo, on that arm 😂😂

This guy is extra salty
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

quite possibly my next tattoo, on that arm 😂😂

But you’re selling it

you won’t enjoy that tattoo!

• Haha 2
NoOneLikesADryTang
2 hours ago, spectra said:

This is exactly what I do with the tank keeper. In the last month, we’ve sold nearly a grand worth of coral... It paid for a pair of MP 40s (teaser - the main reason TK was hesitant to get in on this tank competition), and a new RODI unit for us. 

• Like 3

So I wanted to double check that the rules allow for an AWC like that auto aqua for the contest. I saw that the decision went back and forth a little bit want to be absolutely sure before I put one in place 

On 2/5/2020 at 12:43 PM, Christopher Marks said:

I'm going to rescind my allowance of Automatic Water Change systems until further review. 🔎

@McCune 

I think you’re right.

For now I’d say they aren’t allowed until the there’s another ruling reversing that. 

@Christopher Marks??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

@McCune to

I think you’re right.

For now I’d say they aren’t allowed until the there’s another ruling reversing that. 

@Christopher Marks??

I'm assuming we are okay to use ATO units. I hope so. He said that on 2/5 and the rules still state we are able to use ATO units. 

Please disregard what I said. I read Christoper Mark's post as if it was on the topic of ATO units, not AWC units.

36 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

@McCune 

I think you’re right.

@Christopher Marks??

I think it went the way of a chiller...……..no water leaving the tank so I would say its a no...……...

@kimberbee should know...………… :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
Christopher Marks
7 hours ago, McCune said:

So I wanted to double check that the rules allow for an AWC like that auto aqua for the contest. I saw that the decision went back and forth a little bit want to be absolutely sure before I put one in place 

6 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

@McCune 

I think you’re right.

@Christopher Marks??

I have decided not to allow Auto Water Change systems based upon our 'no external plumbing' rule. Sorry @McCune, but thank you for clarifying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Christopher Marks
23 hours ago, Aqua Splendor said:

Is it possible to switch tank? (After the deadline)

I'm having some concern with the size of my tank, i can't fit all the hardware correctly. 

@Christopher Marks

I'm looking for other tank a bit bigger.

If an aquarium breaks or fails to hold water within the competition period, a competitor may remain in the competition if the tank is replaced with another qualifying all-in-one style aquarium of similar volume (+/- 4 gallons) and the transition of livestock is documented.

This was meant in the case of a tank failure only.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Seea said:

Yay. Add me to the competition I’ll be taking a condiment picture when I get the tank on it’s stand.

how do I make a thread post?

Alriiight! Just go to Journals -> Nano Reefs -> Start New Topic. After you’re done, copy and paste the link in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic