ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

Wouldn't it be cool if that were part of the challenge? Whatever you add in livestock, whether it lives or dies or gets removed, counts towards your budget. I'd blow the entire thing trying to keep anything alive, BUT. Awesome idea.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Wouldn't it be cool if that were part of the challenge? Whatever you add in livestock, whether it lives or dies or gets removed, counts towards your budget. I'd blow the entire thing trying to keep anything alive, BUT. Awesome idea.

Yeah that's why I asked.

5 hours ago, Mariaface said:

How? I thought food didnt coubt for budget?

:lol: Sneaky ideas. All livestock whether it lives or dies counts towards your budget. 

The reason to have the same equipment is also because each reef is different, each reef keeper has a different husbandry, different experience levels. Seeing what everyone does and how all these tanks progress at the same time for everyone is like a mad scientist experiment, only more fun. From wild ideas, to something more staid and thoughtful, I hope each tank runs the gamut of possibilities. There is no wrong way to reef IMO - but there is always room to try something different.

I have no idea why I am so wordy this morning, but in answer to your question

serious%2520cat.jpg

• Like 10
Thunder Goose

Damn. I've been so busy with work lately I haven't checked this site and just found out about this. I've been thinking of doing a shallow water tank with macroalgae, mangroves and gorgonians. Not sure this is the right set up but...

Now the question is... do I have a spot I could put it? How about where my QT tank sits? 

Nope. Just ordered fish and need the QT up and running.

Where else could I set this up and not face the disapproval of The Husband? And still have space for the future shallow water gorgonian tank....

Dammit. I never thought I'd say this but I need a bigger house.

Or I need to finish the basement for a fish room. :o

• Like 8
43 minutes ago, Thunder Goose said:

Damn. I've been so busy with work lately I haven't checked this site and just found out about this. I've been thinking of doing a shallow water tank with macroalgae, mangroves and gorgonians. Not sure this is the right set up but...

Now the question is... do I have a spot I could put it? How about where my QT tank sits? 

Nope. Just ordered fish and need the QT up and running.

Where else could I set this up and not face the disapproval of The Husband? And still have space for the future shallow water gorgonian tank....

Dammit. I never thought I'd say this but I need a bigger house.

Or I need to finish the basement for a fish room. :o

#bestconvowithselfonaforumevar

:lol:

a-fish-truck_o_365839.jpg

• Like 8
32 minutes ago, metrokat said:

#bestconvowithselfonaforumevar

:lol:

a-fish-truck_o_365839.jpg

Literally drove around the plaza behind my church today for five minutes because an old plaza sign had "Aquarium" on it. Couldnt find the fish store. mustve gone out of business :(

• Like 4
4 hours ago, lkoechle said:

How? I thought food didnt coubt for budget?

It doesn't! I was making a joke about how I kill everything :P 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mariaface said:

It doesn't! I was making a joke about how I kill everything :P 

@Mariaface's Tank Write Up Plan:

How to kill a tank in 100 days or less

The more you post, the more that's what that sounds like. :P

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

You're not wrong!! :P 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

post.jpg

Me Too!:lol:

4 hours ago, Thunder Goose said:

WHY does everybody want to do this? GO AWAY, You're not welcome here! (just kidding) UGH! Just don't do it better than me, okay :P?

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

post.jpg

Lol classic.

2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Isn't that some short of rom-com but they end up being the perfect couple in the end. 

So if @Mariaface follows the same premise she will win ?

• Like 2
Just now, Coral_chef said:

Lol classic.

Isn't that some short of rom-com but they end up being the perfect couple in the end. 

Don't tell them my plan!

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Lol classic.

Its also very similar to 10 Things Your Tank Hates About You and that classic romance Save the Last Tank.

• Like 5
coralcousins

Ran into a problem today my floor isn't perfectly level it's tapers down a tad bit towards the wall where I want to place the aquarium. Another spot where I can place it is by my bed about a foot and half away. Since the bed is so low to the ground, now I'm think if there's a large earthquake here in Southern California it might crush me while sleeping lol.  Solutions ?  floor mat underneath the stand ? Putty on one side of the stand so it sits flush with the floor ? 

coralcousins

Also started my reef saver rock from BRS in a bucket yesterday. It has this really weird smell that I've never came across when having tanks back then. Should I dump the salt water and restart it ? 

10 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Ran into a problem today my floor isn't perfectly level it's tapers down a tad bit towards the wall where I want to place the aquarium. Another spot where I can place it is by my bed about a foot and half away. Since the bed is so low to the ground, now I'm think if there's a large earthquake here in Southern California it might crush me while sleeping lol.  Solutions ?  floor mat underneath the stand ? Putty on one side of the stand so it sits flush with the floor ? 

I say leave it on the unlevel floor an just fill it as high as you can. 

• Like 1

Ran into a problem today my floor isn't perfectly level it's tapers down a tad bit towards the wall where I want to place the aquarium.

Plastic shims.

4 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Also started my reef saver rock from BRS in a bucket yesterday. It has this really weird smell that I've never came across when having tanks back then. Should I dump the salt water and restart it ? 

You can.  Have you tested for ammonia?

• Like 4

There are self leveling mats you can put under your tank if i's not terribly off. Check Marinedepot.com.

5 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Nah, your rock is cycling. give it some time and do your ammonia nitrite tests in a couple of days

• Like 1
coralcousins
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

You can.  Have you tested for ammonia?

3 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Nah, your rock is cycling. give it some time and do your ammonia nitrite tests in a couple of days

Well it's dry rock I added some bottled beneficial bacteria and a pinch of food pellets. Waiting on my test kit to be shipped still.

8 minutes ago, seabass said:

Ran into a problem today my floor isn't perfectly level it's tapers down a tad bit towards the wall where I want to place the aquarium.

If you're building a stand or have a stand you can put adjustable feet on it.  Our old home was very unlevel and we put feet on our stand to level it out. 

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Rok-Hardware-Extra-Heavy-Duty-Floor-Lifting-Levelers/11768880/product.html

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic