Innovative Marine Aquariums

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

@jedimasterben and I are super excited to announce 100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef.com Tank Contest! omgomgomg

We understand your multiple tank syndrome rather well. What better excuse to have another tank than a tank building contest? The contest idea has been brewing for close to two months, we wanted this contest to focus on how creative we can be inside the tank. For this reason we opted for our contestants to purchase the same tank and light combination - apples to apples. We deliberated on what equipment would be best, and even personally tested numerous products to ultimately pick these out of several possibilities.

Innovative Marine Peninsula 14G tank with Current USA Orbit Marine PRO light!

34017667791_4101091881_c.jpg

Our community sponsor Marine Depot worked with Innovative Marine and Current USA to give our contestants an exclusive bundled kit price of just $284.99 (Regularly $329.98)!

It gets better! Current USA will send you a free arm mount directly if you want to mount the light on the arm! (optional) (Please PM @metrokat when you have bought your contest kit)

We are not done yet! Marine Depot will also give all kit purchasers an additional 1000 rewards points which is $10 cash back on their rewards program!

Winners

Winners will be chosen by a community poll. In the event of a tie - @Christopher Marks will cast the tie-breaking vote. There will be three prize winners chosen, in three different categories.

Prize Categories

Best Overall

The Grandest Prize of all! From Innovative Marine – the NEW IM Concept Glass Aquarium series!

A $400 value!

Best Aquascape

Amazing Prize From Innovative Marine – One DeskTop Performance Pack

Performance Pack includes: (1) Spinstream, (1) Desktop CustomCaddy (1) AccuDrip fish and coral acclimator (1) Desktop MiniMax Media Reactor and (1) SkimMate Ghost Protein Skimmer, a $250 value. http://www.innovative-marine.com/auqa-gadget/performance-pack.html

Most Frugal

CoralVue Smart ATO Micro $124.99 value

World Wide Corals $50 certificate

AquaMaxx Reef Welder Epoxy Glue - Purple - 500mL $29.99 value

We have many other prizes to give and some category suggestions were awesome:

• Struggle Bus 
  • Best Growth 
  • Best Photography
  • Most Colorful
  • Most Enthusiasm
  • Most GHA/pests

Additional Prizes!

We also have several additional prizes for contestants, so there will be a lot of winners (chosen by the sponsor or Benny & Kat). Listed alphabetically:

1. Reef Cleaners $25 off for one winner with CODE

2. Marine Depot AquaMaxx Coral-Eye 5W CREE Blue LED Flashlight $29.99 value

3. Inkbird Temperature Controller ITC-308 $35 value (from Kat)

4. House of Sticks 20% off for one winner

5. Ocean Box Designs Magnetic Frag racks 3 pack with plugs $60 value sign up to email list and be entered to win https://goo.gl/MoSnH3

6. Ocean Box Designs Tshirt $24.99 value sign up to email list and be entered to win https://goo.gl/MoSnH3

7. Ocean Box Designs Mini Magnet Cleaner $19.99 value sign up to email list and be entered to win https://goo.gl/MoSnH3

8. Nano-Box Care package surprise! NanoBox will be giving away a NanoBox Secret Box containing a random selection of NanoBox products. This could be anything from a one-off LED light to a handful of NanoBox t-shirts. Dave will choose what goes into the prize box but promises to not disappoint!

9. Marine Depot AquaMaxx onPoint Coral Feeder $19.99 value

10. Brightwell Aquatics Reef Code A and B, 500ml for 3 winners $15 value

11. Reef Weeds 3 UV Mini paintings

Additional Discounts!

• House Of Sticks - 10% off with coupon
  • InTank - 10% OFF with coupon CONTEST10
  • OceanBox Designs - 10% off if you sign up for newsletter and be entered to win one of 3 amazing prizes https://goo.gl/MoSnH3

Thank you to our amazing sponsors! :wub:

Rules

• Purchase Contest Equipment Kit from Marine Depot via this link: https://goo.gl/NRpecM 
  • Use Coupon code: NANOCONTEST to get the contest price
  • Start a new tank thread in the Aquarium Journals forum. Contestants are required to post a sticky note inside the tank with something Benny comes up with :)
  • Publish one FTS per week to your aquarium journal thread (we will have an FTS check in thread also)
  • Follow and tag sponsors on their social media (optional- helps to get more exposure for your tank and to get your friends to vote for you)
  • Post a review of the products on marinedepot.com (optional)

Official start date of the contest is May 10th

(In the event of a delayed shipment from Marine Depot, the contestant will get a grace period to start the tank)

Grounds for disqualification

Changing ANY hardware except in cases of failure - specifically any item provided in the tank package.

Benny (@jedimasterben) is your contact for equipment troubleshooting.

FAQ

- Can I use corals from an established tank?

- Yes, but values must be estimated and verified.

- Is there a limit to how much someone can spend on livestock?

A - Keep it under $500 for livestock. (Rocks and sand are not part of this budget restriction)

- Can they use the same tank and light if they have previously bought it?

A - Yes, as long as it isn't wet. We will have a verification with the first FTS that will be required.

@Marine Depot @Oceanbox Designs @inTank @DaveFason @Christopher Marks @World Wide Corals @sangheili @johnmaloney

Contestants as of 5/17 (alphabetically) - click for links to their aquarium journals

1. Addinali
  2. coral_chef
  3. Coralcousins
  4. FateX9
  5. lkoechle
  6. Luu78
  7. Mariaface
  8. MaineReefKeeper
  9. MrMikeKim
  10. nanoSteve 
  11. Pjanssen
  12. Sabrefencer
  13. Seafurn
  14. Spectra
  15. Stellablue
  16. SushiYum

• Like 20

Schweet! I really really wish I hadn't spent all my money that new tank earlier this year. But I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with! 

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

Neat! I can't do it, but if I did, I'd do a nem garden. Maybe get another clown pair. Let 'em romp around. Good luck to all who enter!

Just now, metrokat said:

meme2.jpg.ae6755ca29fddecf3610779915927b5f.jpg

Too true.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Panda_corals said:

This is really cool! I just picked up a P14 but will be running different equipment. Still excited to follow along. 

VEUAPrq.jpg

• Like 10

@skoechle says he wanted a frag tank...  I mean frags glued to rocks that grow into colonies is still a "frag" tank right? :P

Kat.... you're really wanting me to spend all my monies.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, metrokat said:

VEUAPrq.jpg

Is that shirt included with every entry?!

Cool contest! Debating on entering Need to ask the wife if I can enter.. Would love to win any one of those prizes, especially get a care package by nanoboxreef!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

hmmmm. the wheels are turning.

and everyone's worrying about "I hope they're not thinking of MY idea".  Or maybe its just me. :P

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

So, what about other equipment like flow?  And we need to use all the original equipment like the return pump? 

Was thinking the same thing.

Are rocks/sand included in the $500 budget? How are corals prices being regulated (As in preventing someone from saying they got an entire colony of zoas for $5, etc.)? Same with the price of fish...

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Is that shirt included with every entry?!

Cool contest! Debating on entering Need to ask the wife if I can enter.. Would love to win any one of those prizes, especially get a care package by nanoboxreef!

So-Bought-a-new-aquarium-Then-she-said-w

• Like 9
  • Christopher Marks pinned this topic
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic