Top Shelf Aquatics

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

1 minute ago, Mariaface said:

As much as I hate waiting, I'd love to see more people get in on the fun and come up with creative ideas! :) 

Waiting is half the battle in this hobby :lol: 

I just know I want Pukani rock and it takes a while to cure........I do have some sitting on the side of the house :lol: but its growing moss on it now.........looks like ass to........

• Like 3
1 minute ago, braaap said:

Sounded cool. Then saw I would have to buy a POS IM tank and a POS Current light. I'll pass.

But wait you have a POS OBD tank.....................:lol: 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, braaap said:

Barrier reef.

Well gee I don't think they built it........they had someone do it........I didn't think they built tanks.......

This looks like fun but will be moving may 20th would hate to start the cycle, then have to move everything to continue. If this was June first start date I would jump right on this

• Like 1

Good news!! Contest Start Date is now May 10th.

(grace period is allowed, please PM close to May 10th if something comes up that is unavoidable like a shipping delay, travel, etc)

Contestants are required to post a sticky note inside their tank - @jedimasterben will post here on May 10th, what the sticky note needs to say.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, metrokat said:

(grace period is allowed, please PM close to May 10th if something comes up that is unavoidable like a shipping delay, travel, etc)

Contestants are required to post a sticky note inside their tank - @jedimasterben will post here on May 10th, what the sticky note needs to say.

ugh... maybe good for you... But I am ready to goooooo!!!!!!  I told you Kat, i am not a fountain of patience. lol

and now I am going to have to use my lagoon as "storage" for any reef a palooza finds... lol

• Like 4
13 hours ago, spectra said:

I am sure the back only holds what the IM 10 and 20 hold. I tried the IM skimmer and was not to pleased with it........

Have to see what Tunze may fir in there........

Tunze powerhead?

8 minutes ago, metrokat said:

So if you buy 2 of these setups, you're allowed to cheat by using the second one for the sticky note.  :lol:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, holy carp said:

So if you buy 2 of these setups, you're allowed to cheat by using the second one for the sticky note.  :lol:

#WorthIt, am I right :P  

• Like 6

This video from Marine Depot features the 20G peninsula tank. The contest tank is the 14G but this video shows a lot of the accessories that you can use.

(Cannot swap out the stock pump - Benny keeps reminding me)

Also the video on the first post from Innovative Marine shows @StevieT s media basket. woot.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Mariaface said:

#WorthIt, am I right :P  

Now you guys ruined everything.  I am sure we will have to do the postit note on the stand now too lol

• Like 3
1 minute ago, metrokat said:

This video from Marine Depot features the 20G peninsula tank. The contest tank is the 14G but this video shows a lot of the accessories that you can use.

(Cannot swap out the stock pump - Benny keeps reminding me

I'm definitely loving the idea of using the bottom board as a mounting board! 

Tank's going to be sitting in my room as of next Monday, apparently, so I'm crossing my fingers that the stand is released soon and arrives before the contest starts! fingerscrossed

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

ugh... maybe good for you... But I am ready to goooooo!!!!!!  I told you Kat, i am not a fountain of patience. lol

and now I am going to have to use my lagoon as "storage" for any reef a palooza finds... lol

tumblr_na5mhukhgG1t2mal6o1_500.jpg

• Like 5

I like how he mentioned "blah blah blah everyone knows you can remove the black plastic except for lkoechle blah blah blah"  I did not know this! Totally using the refugium idea for more LR. I still have my jbj light from my first tank!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

So I noticed that lkoechle wrote up her plans for the her tank. Are we suppose to do that?

Totally up to you! I find that listing plans also invites viewers to chime in which can be helpful.

20 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Just so I understand. We are to keep the total cost to under $500, including tank, sand, rock and livestock? we spent $285 on the tank, so that leaves just $215 for everything else? Hmm. This is going to be tough.

Oh yeah. And how do I get the free arm for the light?

$500 is the budget just for the livestock that goes in the tank. Stand, rocks, sand etc are not part of the livestock budget. If you get a hitchhiker in your live rock it shall become the property of nano-reef. :P

17 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Maybe we can have another contest later this year?  A pico contest maybe? :flower:

:ninja: 

I have at the moment an experiment running on my kitchen countertop. And yes. It is a pico. :ninja:

Call me crazy but the next tank contest idea was already running through my head soon as this one was decided. :blush:

11 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I like how he mentioned "blah blah blah everyone knows you can remove the black plastic except for lkoechle blah blah blah"  I did not know this! Totally using the refugium idea for more LR. I still have my jbj light from my first tank!

:wub:

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

I suppose I should get started on a plan, it may get me to update frequently (my real struggle in this contest) :P 

I was thinking "bad at updates and photos" hmmm how is she going to keep that rule? :P

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I was thinking "bad at updates and photos" hmmm how is she going to keep that rule? :P

I can try! And maybe it'll be good practice, and I'll get in the habit so the Fusion 20 gets some love, too! :blush:

• Like 7
Just now, Mariaface said:

I can try! And maybe it'll be good practice, and I'll get in the habit so the Fusion 20 gets some love, too! :blush:

You'll have to rebrand yourself :P

• Like 5
1 hour ago, metrokat said:

(Cannot swap out the stock pump - Benny keeps reminding me)

Also the video on the first post from Innovative Marine shows @StevieT s media basket. woot.

so much for budgets!

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic