Innovative Marine Aquariums

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

so good wow mail much reef ;)

She's here guys.  Plus my w00t shirts! I have her in her "spot" but you will have to go to my thread tonight for that. Right now for that. :D

20170421_154405.jpg

• Like 10
5 hours ago, metrokat said:

This video from Marine Depot features the 20G peninsula tank. The contest tank is the 14G but this video shows a lot of the accessories that you can use.

(Cannot swap out the stock pump - Benny keeps reminding me)

Also the video on the first post from Innovative Marine shows @StevieT s media basket. woot.

That is a gorgeous stand to say the least....   Surprised to see I can't find more info about it on their website yet. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Can we start cycling/curing dry rock ahead of time?

2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

As I understand it, the tank has to be dry so you would have to cycle the rock in bucket or something.

Yes to both. You know if I was starting up this tank I would take a couple of my cured rocks from my current tank for the new build, I kind of always have a few pieces laying around in there. So yes, perfectly okay to start curing your rocks outside of the tank before May 10th.

What else can you do?

-Plan the aquascape

-Create your aquascape too

-Plan your stocking list

-Leak test

-Take your tank for a walk

:huh:

• Like 11
Just now, metrokat said:

Yes to both. You know if I was starting up this tank I would take a couple of my cured rocks from my current tank for the new build, I kind of always have a few pieces laying around in there. So yes, perfectly okay to start curing your rocks outside of the tank before May 10th.

What else can you do?

-Plan the aquascape

-Create your aquascape too

-Plan your stocking list

-Leak test

-Take your tank for a walk

:huh:

All I have left is leak testing and walking it :(  Probably easier than walking my cat was though...

• Like 5
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

@metrokat speaking of the light arm, who will the email be from? I don't want t omiss it in the spam folder :)

Ike is overseas at the moment and will be back at his desk on Monday. He already emailed me an acknowledgement of the contestant emails I had sent yesterday.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That is a gorgeous stand to say the least....   Surprised to see I can't find more info about it on their website yet. 

They are available for pre-order. Benny did a nice review about it on this forum, and Marine Depot did a video.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

I have no clue which skimmer lol, still trying to figure that out.

Don't get the Tunze 9001.  Tried it - doesn't fit!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, metrokat said:

Tunze powerhead?

Skimmer in the back. The IM Ghost skimmers just don't cut it to me. Don't like a HOB skimmer either........

6 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

It's going to be fun to start cycling, then empty the tank, move an continue cycling. 

But I'm still confident I'm going to win! 

Did you order yet?

Only one left last time I checked..............

I want to jump in but that light scares me...........and 14 gallons id just a bit small for what I am after the 20 would have been it for me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

They are available for pre-order. Benny did a nice review about it on this forum, and Marine Depot did a video.

Here's hoping ReefSupplies get them soon-ish, and of course the black ones become available relatively soon as well.  Bit of a pity that the peninsula ones aren't  available in closed varieties, which is something I hope Innovative Marine will either change or offer an upgrade kit for ^_^

Or, in short, that stand has me once again debating which tank I'll get in the next little while, but the stand has me really tempted to go with a Peninsula 20.

Edit: or should I say contemplating a pair of them and then having a freshwater tank in the second one... With Kuhli leaches because I like underwater ferrets (and being in an apartment, I can't have the snowflake eel I want until we get a house since they do better in larger tanks) 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Did you order yet?

I want to jump in but that light scares me...........and 14 gallons id just a bit small for what I am after the 20 would have been it for me.

Was going to order Monday. After paycheck hits my account 

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
31 minutes ago, spectra said:

Did you order yet?

Go put your big girl panties on, I'm doing a 5g Fluval.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Go put your big girl panties on, I'm doing a 5g Fluval.

You should know I don't wear panties :lol: at our age depends are the thing :P 

I had a IM10 but for what I want to do I need a little water volume as its going to be dirty............fish takes one hell of a dump :blink: 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Coral_chef said:

Was going to order Monday. After paycheck hits my account 

Don't be afraid to order even if it shows zero stock. Marine Depot has us covered.

Looking forward to having you on board!!! 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Don't be afraid to order even if it shows zero stock. Marine Depot has us covered.

Looking forward to having you on board!!! 

We are in!

IMG_9152.PNG

• Like 6
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

yo, @metrokat does shipping count in our $500?  I think it should not.

Posted earlier the 500 is livestock and accessories. Tank, Rock and sand doesn't count towards the 500.

Oh and the wait begins the tanks are sold out.................

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Posted earlier the 500 is livestock and accessories. Tank, Rock and sand doesn't count towards the 500.

not for me, beach... :P

4 hours ago, lkoechle said:

so good wow mail much reef ;)

She's here guys.  Plus my w00t shirts! I have her in her "spot" but you will have to go to my thread tonight for that. Right now for that. :D

20170421_154405.jpg

and shipping isn't livestock... Unless we're spreading it over evenly. Which is my question :P

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

not for me, beach... :P

Oh well I have that to but it would be a coldwater tank..................to bad its not thick enough...............I have always wanted one love the strawberry nems.....

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yup yup. And not to worry, just click notify me (I think MD was going to allow ordering for our contest even if it was back ordered). So if not today then by Monday the ordering capability will be back on. 

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic