Pod Your Reef

pgrVII

Good morning!

JH ate all of his worms last night.

Pictures of JH would be appreciated since I have to live vicariously through you and PGR. No reptiles in my house. :(

• Like 4

That's how mine is,she likes all the animals but doesn't know how to care for them,minus the dogs and ferret. The second floor has the ferret and cham,basement has the tank.

Honestly,if you've kept lizards,they aren't hard. The biggest challenge ge is keeping humidity up in a screen enclosure,can be difficult with forced air in the winter,you can add some plexiglass sides to help with no harm to cham.i will maybe do this this weekend.

Here's what I've found though:

Make or buy at least a 24x24x36 cage,it will allow lots of room for plants etc and the cham to hide.

Buy a mistking misting system. Best around,$100.00 for a hard core pump that can run dry and not be f'ed up,quiet,and has a digital timer that has 7 time points to set if you want with each day of the week allowed to be programmed individually if you wish.

Vary their diet. Very important,keeps them.interested in eating better and is just healthy.

Provide uv with a t5 dual setup minimum. This shouldn't be a suprise as we all know how much they rock. Same rules apply here as coral,kinda,sorta.

As long as you can meet those things,they aren't hard. I feed mine every other day. Sometimes multiple days in a row. Keep him in a quiet area of the house that's dark at night and just keep the plants trimmed and clean the crud as needed,and empty the drainage bucket and refill the holding bucket for the mistking.

No worries man,alls cool in here.20151222_120855_zpsdxpfqmgd.jpg

Action Jackson.

Looks like he has a stogie hanging out of his mouth :^ )

• Like 4

Pictures of JH would be appreciated since I have to live vicariously through you and PGR. No reptiles in my house. :(

Will do. Same here.....my 7 year old has been saving all of her money for the past 6 months....Mrs Jack thought she would loose interest before actually ha Ving enought money saved up. Nope.

:^ )

• Like 4

a9f5aa7d-c527-4f90-a02a-67a61e64f581.jpg

As requested, John Henry in the hands of my 7 year old.

• Like 7

a9f5aa7d-c527-4f90-a02a-67a61e64f581.jpg

As requested, John Henry in the hands of my 7 year old.

Very nice sir! The markings on Ol John are really nice and clean. Nice selction,glad the kiddo is enjoying a new fun hobby. :)

On another note,not to rob the subject matter here,but,I did pick up a random purplish /blue paly it looks like today for $10. Was closed when I left for second shift so if open I'll take a pic.

• Like 1

Very nice sir! The markings on Ol John are really nice and clean. Nice selction,glad the kiddo is enjoying a new fun hobby. :)

On another note,not to rob the subject matter here,but,I did pick up a random purplish /blue paly it looks like today for $10. Was closed when I left for second shift so if open I'll take a pic.

Thanks, man. He's a cool little fellow.

Post those pics when you can......I like the blues/purps.

• Like 1

20160109_134226_zpsomynnis3_edit_145236520160109_134159_zpsfuqfcjb2_edit_145236520160109_134009_zpstaueq5st_edit_145236620160109_133856_zpssglykpei_edit_1452366

Enjoy. ;)20160109_134036_zpsbnpsea12_edit_1452365

One more

Looks awesome... Sorry little behind but catching up :)

That's how mine is,she likes all the animals but doesn't know how to care for them,minus the dogs and ferret. The second floor has the ferret and cham,basement has the tank.

Honestly,if you've kept lizards,they aren't hard. The biggest challenge ge is keeping humidity up in a screen enclosure,can be difficult with forced air in the winter,you can add some plexiglass sides to help with no harm to cham.i will maybe do this this weekend.

Here's what I've found though:

Make or buy at least a 24x24x36 cage,it will allow lots of room for plants etc and the cham to hide.

Buy a mistking misting system. Best around,$100.00 for a hard core pump that can run dry and not be f'ed up,quiet,and has a digital timer that has 7 time points to set if you want with each day of the week allowed to be programmed individually if you wish.

Vary their diet. Very important,keeps them.interested in eating better and is just healthy.

Provide uv with a t5 dual setup minimum. This shouldn't be a suprise as we all know how much they rock. Same rules apply here as coral,kinda,sorta.

As long as you can meet those things,they aren't hard. I feed mine every other day. Sometimes multiple days in a row. Keep him in a quiet area of the house that's dark at night and just keep the plants trimmed and clean the crud as needed,and empty the drainage bucket and refill the holding bucket for the mistking.

No worries man,alls cool in here.20151222_120855_zpsdxpfqmgd.jpg

Action Jackson.

haha love that pic.
  • Like 1

Looks awesome... Sorry little behind but catching up :)

No worries buddy,glad to have ya anytime.

Yea I think I did a bang bang job on this one lawnbro. Well planned and I knew I hit it right when after it was clear and the last animal was transfered I was immediately happy with how it looked.

• Like 1

I dont see 7 year old hands very often so I can't get a feel for a size. How big is john?

Probably 5-6"

Maybe 7"

Looks awesome... Sorry little behind but catching up :) haha love that pic.

Classy right? ;)

• Like 2

Hmmmm, 4 - 5" maybe?

Or, like I tell my wife, 8".

Haha. I literally lol when reading that.

This guy!

20151222_120855_zpsdxpfqmgd.jpg

Pretty sure his horns bring all the girlies to the yard.

He certainly has a set don't he? ;)
  • Like 4

Sorry I missed this buddy,feel like a bad friend now :(

Lol glad he ate all the worms!!!

LOL....no worries. I just noticed that I missed the foliage in AJs digs.....nicely done!

.....maybe that wasn't a stogie......

;^ )

• Like 2

LOL....no worries. I just noticed that I missed the foliage in AJs digs.....nicely done!

.....maybe that wasn't a stogie......

;^ )

Haha well played sir ;)

Thanks,the plants I've done well with it seems :)

• Like 1

It has begun! :lol: Before we know it PGR is going to have shipments coming every week to fill this bad boy in!

Haha I hope so! Not to bad start of it 2 frags for under 30

• Like 3