Cultivated Reef

pgrVII

You have all the caps there are? lol

I can grow crust lol

Red. Green. Purple. Starburst. Also have grafted and seasons greetings but they're not for sale.

Negative in acros sir, not fragging em

• Like 1

Tanks lookin nice man, really diggin the plan/ sketch lol

Thanks man,yea lol,looks like a child did it.

I vote for dumping the SPS.....and going with some movement :^ )

Really like the tank and lighting....looks great man.

Oh really.....you have some Starburst?

Thanks jack! How's that new gecko? :)

Tank is looking good! How is that skimmer working out?

Thank you Quinnr :)

20160108_121050_zpsszmxgrrn.jpgPretty good so far ;)

• Like 5

John Henry is doing good from what I can tell. He hasn't eaten yet.......three nights. Hopefully tonight. He's plenty plump and I'm sure he's stressed a bit from his ride home and new digs. Tonight was the first night we handled him.....cute little thing. He leaned over and bit me when I removed him from his cage :^ )

Then was super mellow with the girls and later with me when I put him away. Pretty inquisitive while he was out.

• Like 1

John Henry is doing good from what I can tell. He hasn't eaten yet.......three nights. Hopefully tonight. He's plenty plump and I'm sure he's stressed a bit from his ride home and new digs. Tonight was the first night we handled him.....cute little thing. He leaned over and bit me when I removed him from his cage :^ )

Then was super mellow with the girls and later with me when I put him away. Pretty inquisitive while he was out.

Yea they sometimes don't wanna always eat right away,don't sweat it. Sounds like you got a good handle on it my friend,not that I'm suprised at all.

Your girls will love the little tail wiggle he does when he eats. Just keep his food varied or he'll get lazy and stop doing his little dance.

Also hopefully you luck out anf the little booger ends up being a chiller. My albino used to just hang out on whoever you laid him on all day. My other one hated being handled at all. He met an untimely death as he jumped from my hands and managed to have a telescope fall on his head. I had to hand feed him medicated food for about 3 months until he finally passed.

• Like 2

Your girls will love the little tail wiggle he does when he eats. Just keep his food varied or he'll get lazy and stop doing his little dance.

Also hopefully you luck out anf the little booger ends up being a chiller. My albino used to just hang out on whoever you laid him on all day. My other one hated being handled at all. He met an untimely death as he jumped from my hands and managed to have a telescope fall on his head. I had to hand feed him medicated food for about 3 months until he finally passed.

Wasn't sure if it was appropriate to like that post lol. I didn't know you were also into reptiles patty. You're just way too cool sir
  • Like 1

Wasn't sure if it was appropriate to like that post lol. I didn't know you were also into reptiles patty. You're just way too cool sir

Haha! I used to be into leopards and always wanted a Cham. But was worried about them being to difficult as I was young back then. My cousin bread Leo's and had probably 10-15 breeding pairs and at any time 4-6 incubators running in his bedroom. Just his cricket grow out area was probably 5 or 6 45 gallon tubs. He was the one that got me into them to begin with.

I think all the time about reading up to refresh my memory on their care and to pick one up as I do miss having a small pet I can handle once in the blue (my last fish didn't like going for walks) but I know I would be murdered if I had any more dependents that aren't tax write offs.

• Like 3

Haha! I used to be into leopards and always wanted a Cham. But was worried about them being to difficult as I was young back then. My cousin bread Leo's and had probably 10-15 breeding pairs and at any time 4-6 incubators running in his bedroom. Just his cricket grow out area was probably 5 or 6 45 gallon tubs. He was the one that got me into them to begin with.

I think all the time about reading up to refresh my memory on their care and to pick one up as I do miss having a small pet I can handle once in the blue (my last fish didn't like going for walks) but I know I would be murdered if I had any more dependents that aren't tax write offs.

Haha yea I hear ya there man,I got half a darn arc over here haha.

The cham is cool,and not as difficult as an adult lol. As long as you get everything correct from the get go and sustain a solid quiet environment then you're good ;)

• Like 1

Haha yea I hear ya there man,I got half a darn arc over here haha.

The cham is cool,and not as difficult as an adult lol. As long as you get everything correct from the get go and sustain a solid quiet environment then you're good ;)

Would you say they are on PAR or easier/harder than maintaining a reeftank? I'm assuming a bit more difficult due to the fresh air needs?

I told erin flat out whatever state we end up in we are getting an extra bedroom for my Hobbie animals. Either that or I get to convert a basement for only myself.

• Like 1

Ok where are pics of John Henry?

Sorry to thread jack PG......but we need pics of the lizard......

Oh and was in the local fish store this weekend and some well who really knows....person comes in with a lizard stuck on there chest :eek: WTF.............

• Like 1

Would you say they are on PAR or easier/harder than maintaining a reeftank? I'm assuming a bit more difficult due to the fresh air needs?

I told erin flat out whatever state we end up in we are getting an extra bedroom for my Hobbie animals. Either that or I get to convert a basement for only myself.

That's how mine is,she likes all the animals but doesn't know how to care for them,minus the dogs and ferret. The second floor has the ferret and cham,basement has the tank.

Honestly,if you've kept lizards,they aren't hard. The biggest challenge ge is keeping humidity up in a screen enclosure,can be difficult with forced air in the winter,you can add some plexiglass sides to help with no harm to cham.i will maybe do this this weekend.

Here's what I've found though:

Make or buy at least a 24x24x36 cage,it will allow lots of room for plants etc and the cham to hide.

Buy a mistking misting system. Best around,$100.00 for a hard core pump that can run dry and not be f'ed up,quiet,and has a digital timer that has 7 time points to set if you want with each day of the week allowed to be programmed individually if you wish.

Vary their diet. Very important,keeps them.interested in eating better and is just healthy.

Provide uv with a t5 dual setup minimum. This shouldn't be a suprise as we all know how much they rock. Same rules apply here as coral,kinda,sorta.

As long as you can meet those things,they aren't hard. I feed mine every other day. Sometimes multiple days in a row. Keep him in a quiet area of the house that's dark at night and just keep the plants trimmed and clean the crud as needed,and empty the drainage bucket and refill the holding bucket for the mistking.

Ok where are pics of John Henry?

Sorry to thread jack PG......but we need pics of the lizard......

Oh and was in the local fish store this weekend and some well who really knows....person comes in with a lizard stuck on there chest :eek: WTF.............

No worries man,alls cool in here.

20151222_120855_zpsdxpfqmgd.jpg

Action Jackson.

• Like 5

Well it did not look like that :lol: not sure you could stick that thing to your chest......

He's pretty slow and docile,chams just don't care for any attention or lots of it pending the cham.,those feet though have serious kung-fu grip. :)

He's pretty slow and docile,chams just don't care for any attention or lots of it pending the cham.,those feet though have serious kung-fu grip. :)

Was more of a gecko type lizard.......probably a foot long with the tail.

• Like 1

Hmmm interesting. I wonder what it was

Will look for pics and let you know.....I just remember what it looked like..... reminded me of a horned frog.....

• Like 1

Could be a bearded gecko.....who knows......I said horned frog and well it was a horned something not a frog.....

No worries man haha. There's lots available to people nowadays,I couldn't even tell ya what's trending in the reptile world right now.

• Like 1

Yea they sometimes don't wanna always eat right away,don't sweat it. Sounds like you got a good handle on it my friend,not that I'm suprised at all.

Good morning!

JH ate all of his worms last night.

• Like 3