Cultivated Reef

pgrVII

Thank you sir :)

Yes I will soon,I'm waiting for some more water to evaporate out so I can show it working but not overfill it for the demo.

Is the back of your tank solid black or just a smoked background? Just wondering how the sensor on the ATO can see through?
  • Like 1

Is the back of your tank solid black or just a smoked background? Just wondering how the sensor on the ATO can see through?

I believe it senses differently maybe it uses some kind of pressure sensing. I believe their site has an explanation.

Mine is solid black.

I think the eye in the water senses the drop?
  • Like 1

I think the eye in the water senses the drop?

That's probably it,the little led probably illuminates the eye enough for it to detect or something in a blacked out aio sectiom

That's probably it,the little led probably illuminates the eye enough for it to detect or something in a blacked out aio sectiom

Whats on the outside of the tank just a magnet?
  • Like 1

Whats on the outside of the tank just a magnet?

Yep just a magnet

What's really amazing is how responsive the sensor is. Very quick and not alot of dripping going on.

• Like 1

Wow Patrick, if I were ever to do an AIO reef tank I really like yours. You did a great job with the review and it looks like an efficient and excellant tank. I loved the shots in the tank where you could see how much depth the tank has. Your scape also maximizes that. It will be fun to watch how coral respond to everything as the tank matures. Good job.

• Like 1

Wow Patrick, if I were ever to do an AIO reef tank I really like yours. You did a great job with the review and it looks like an efficient and excellant tank. I loved the shots in the tank where you could see how much depth the tank has. Your scape also maximizes that. It will be fun to watch how coral respond to everything as the tank matures. Good job.

:blush:

Well thank you. I really enjoyed setting this tank up,which I think resonates through the way I set it up. Yes I went with real basic and easy here, change floss as needed,replace chemipure every 5 months or since mines a bit overkill size,and water change every 2 weeks - to a month pending on the tanks needs after its worn in.

Thank you for checking the video out too! Much appreciated. :flower:

• Like 2

woah! How did I miss so much??? PG - LOOKS AWESOME!

Ah no worries stells the nano reef is busy,plus don't you have like 3 tanks going on lol? I'm glad you like my new tank :)

I'm very much loving it myself

• Like 1

Ah no worries stells the nano reef is busy,plus don't you have like 3 tanks going on lol? I'm glad you like my new tank :)

I'm very much loving it myself

It's gorgeous Patrick. Only two - and a QT :) So yeah, I guess three (but temporarily)

• Like 1

It's gorgeous Patrick. Only two - and a QT :) So yeah, I guess three (but temporarily)

Thank you stella,very much. I put alot of thought into this one, spent alot of time breaking rocks,looking at mountain and reef scapes,in nature and from tanks,really wanted to nail the aquascape on this with a vengance

• Like 2

Thank you stella,very much. I put alot of thought into this one, spent alot of time breaking rocks,looking at mountain and reef scapes,in nature and from tanks,really wanted to nail the aquascape on this with a vengance

It's perfect. Really! I can't wait to see this grow in :) What are you going to order from cultivated reef?

• Like 1

It's perfect. Really! I can't wait to see this grow in :) What are you going to order from cultivated reef?

Probably a 3 pack of sps and some zoas,nothing to fancy,I need a sea fan of some kind yet too. It'll probably be a little bit yet,I need to order a top for this thing and another power head

• Like 1

Probably a 3 pack of sps and some zoas,nothing to fancy,I need a sea fan of some kind yet too. It'll probably be a little bit yet,I need to order a top for this thing and another power head

Don't waste your hard earned money on that SPS spend it on something that sways and loves you back :) no man needs a stiff hard boring stick ;)
  • Like 2

Don't waste your hard earned money on that SPS spend it on something that sways and loves you back :) no man needs a stiff hard boring stick ;)

Haha that's true sir,however with this tank I planned a few branch dealies that are of ease,I like the structure and shape they add. Don't worry you know I got some btas and the monster bubble coral to keep it real,that guy is a hoss.

I love that dragonette :wub:

Have you named him or does he have to prove he will survive first?

Nah I typically don't name fish. Just the two clowns really. The ruby I've actually had for about a year now. He's fat and happy eats anything I drop into the tank
  • Like 4

Nah I typically don't name fish. Just the two clowns really. The ruby I've actually had for about a year now. He's fat and happy eats anything I drop into the tank

I shall name him George. And I shall kiss him and love him and squeeze him and hug him.

• Like 7

I shall name him George. And I shall kiss him and love him and squeeze him and hug him.

Hahaha. Well, George is kinda a special name to me,my corgi I had to put to sleep way to early last year was named George.

Usually he's refered to as the red dragon or scooter ass lol

What's funny about that dragonette is I got it for $4 at my lfs

• Like 5

Did you get the Reef Cleaners 25 gallon quick crew package or go with a different package size? The 25 gallon quick crew package seems like overkill for a 25 gallon tank...but most likely I am just crazy and paranoid...

• Like 1

Did you get the Reef Cleaners 25 gallon quick crew package or go with a different package size? The 25 gallon quick crew package seems like overkill for a 25 gallon tank...but most likely I am just crazy and paranoid...

I went with the 25 it's good and full. You'll love it!
  • Like 1