ReefCleaners.org

pgrVII

Would an angler eat one of those serpent stars?

You know, I'm not sure. That's an excellent question. I'd like to say yes,but,then again people probably think my Rottie is a biter just cause the way she looks. :P
  • Like 1

You know, I'm not sure. That's an excellent question. I'd like to say yes,but,then again people probably think my Rottie is a biter just cause the way she looks. :P

I know I can't have a cleaner shrimp but one of those guys may be a good replacement.

• Like 1

Also,a bit of useful information for fellow 25 enthusiasts,about skimmers and this tank.

There are a few options for this tank that require a slight mod etc and those are good skimmers. That seems to be the question by alot wanting this tank but not liking the ghost skimmers.

I found my Reef Octopus NS80 fits perfectly in the skimmer section,all you need to do is remove the bracket that allows it to slide up and down. There's enough pressure from the baffle to keep the skimmer in place but allows you to move it up or down as needed. Fits perfect and for $43 you'd be hard pressed to find a better skimmer new really.

I know I can't have a cleaner shrimp but one of those guys may be a good replacement.

Your avatar cracks me up every time I see it, Carl's got the ," oh man,you're making me so very angry cup" look haha.

Yea the stars are really good food pickers off the sand bed.

• Like 2

That's my "I thought I knew how to reef" face. None of us are ever as good as we want to be and will always make mistakes and get the face palm.

• Like 4

That's my "I thought I knew how to reef" face. None of us are ever as good as we want to be and will always make mistakes and get the face palm.

Excellent use of Carl. I love it.

pgrVII, I am sorry that I never followed any of your threads before. I just read this one from the beginning and I will definitely be following from now on! It's gonna be great and it looks like I am just in time for the good stuff. So when do you think you will do the transfer? I have done several transfer just like you are planning and every one of them went without a hitch. Like you I added biospira and I monitored ammonia for a few weeks, just in case. Usually I would get a reading of 0.125ppm for a week and I would do a water change just to keep it in check and then by week 2 things were fine. I will be anxious to see everything in the tank.

• Like 1

pgrVII, I am sorry that I never followed any of your threads before. I just read this one from the beginning and I will definitely be following from now on! It's gonna be great and it looks like I am just in time for the good stuff. So when do you think you will do the transfer? I have done several transfer just like you are planning and every one of them went without a hitch. Like you I added biospira and I monitored ammonia for a few weeks, just in case. Usually I would get a reading of 0.125ppm for a week and I would do a water change just to keep it in check and then by week 2 things were fine. I will be anxious to see everything in the tank.

Oh no need to apologize, there's so many tanks on here its impossible to keep tabs on everything. Yours for example was one I kept meaning to go check as it has sea horses which I just adore,but can't house in my tank. So I'll check yours.

My tank got transferred all on Tuesdaynight :)

Everything is still alive from my 40 aio I made, the wrasse and dragonet are being a bit shy as of yet. I lost lots of stuff in the old tank so not much coral was in there to transfer,but,I will start filling it up here soon. Thanks for stopping by, it's truly appreciated and look forward to following your thread as well.

• Like 2

Yea that's what I'm saying sir. Hey patty,you need some duck calls? I got a couple I won't need to use.

Yeah! If you got a few extra I'll be glad to take them. What type of ducks and how much are you looking for them?

• Like 1

Yeah! If you got a few extra I'll be glad to take them. What type of ducks and how much are you looking for them?

They're all duck commanders, 2 are mallard hens, a double reed close in call,and a triple reed that one's my favorite. And a wood duck call. I dunno sir,I used em some at home and cleaned em and stored them,never saw field work unfortunately.

It does look great and wow, the potential for coral placement! I can see it now......

Well thanks :blush:
  • Like 1

Thanks man. It's about 2 months worth so of growth I suppose. This is when I finally consider myself bearded lol.

Hopefully she will consider it growing out for ya ;)

Yea I don't know what the deal is...dicks.

You could be a poster child for Biotin supplements. Or Castor oil. Supposedly both grow hair well. :flower:

20160108_105954_zpsihhotaza_edit_1452269

Reef cleaners order came today,full of lively critters :) and some mangroves

ERRMAGHERD I MISSED THIS POST!

• Like 1

You could be a poster child for Biotin supplements. Or Castor oil. Supposedly both grow hair well. :flower:

ERRMAGHERD I MISSED THIS POST!

Hahaa :blush: well thanks miss kat. Yea it's funny my brother is taller than I he's about 6'3" I'm 5'10" he just now is able to grow a van dike lol and was bragging about it at Christmas breakfast and my dad looked at me and him and laughed,said settle down justin, Patrick could grow that in 3 days when he was 17.

Yea I maybe out did myself on this one here...so far...we'll see at the year mark. ;)

• Like 1

Looks like you got a perfect number of CUC :).

Honestly, this is the largest cleanup crew I've had lol. It's about 60 or so snails. Usually it's been 2 huge turbos and 3 astrea snails from my 10 gallon 3 years ago lol. I'd add a few here and there cerith etc but they'd get taken by my only hermit crab. So I went full out on these cause I feed alot,and I always had algae on the sand i think cause I had not alot of critters to help clean it up between siphons.

• Like 1

Honestly, this is the largest cleanup crew I've had lol. It's about 60 or so snails. Usually it's been 2 huge turbos and 3 astrea snails from my 10 gallon 3 years ago lol. I'd add a few here and there cerith etc but they'd get taken by my only hermit crab. So I went full out on these cause I feed alot,and I always had algae on the sand i think cause I had not alot of critters to help clean it up between siphons.

Wow...doesn't look like 60 at all :). I see you avoided those dwarf ceriths. I don't go for those either. They like to mess up the mp10.
  • Like 3

Wow...doesn't look like 60 at all :). I see you avoided those dwarf ceriths. I don't go for those either. They like to mess up the mp10.

Alot of them,the bulk of the little ones buried into the sand pretty fast,they are one of the nocturnal ones John sent. Honestly for not much money I got alot of a cuc 5 good sized mangroves,and some algae I think just standard chaeto,but for a penny,so I put it in a little cave that allows some light in.

• Like 2

They're all duck commanders, 2 are mallard hens, a double reed close in call,and a triple reed that one's my favorite. And a wood duck call. I dunno sir,I used em some at home and cleaned em and stored them,never saw field work unfortunately.

Well thanks :blush:

PM me a price. I'm definitely interested in them. Until this year I never noticed how many wood ducks were around by me.

I just trimmed my beard the other day. A #7 razor guard and an inch of hair still fell into the sink. I didn't think my beard was THAT long.

• Like 1