SaltCritters.com

pgrVII

PM me a price. I'm definitely interested in them. Until this year I never noticed how many wood ducks were around by me. I just trimmed my beard the other day. A #7 razor guard and an inch of hair still fell into the sink. I didn't think my beard was THAT long.

Haha yea it's suprising isn't it? I used to hide stuff for concerts in my beard when it was at its most prominent

• Like 3

Yay for Reefcleaners! I've got a small CUC order coming too. Shipped on Wednesday but for some reason it isn't coming until Saturday. Hopefully the snails survive :huh:

I like the mangroves - they're going to look cool when they open up!

• Like 2

I love this tank! :wub: It is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see those mangroves get some leaves on them!

Thanks darlin :) glad you approve

Yay for Reefcleaners! I've got a small CUC order coming too. Shipped on Wednesday but for some reason it isn't coming until Saturday. Hopefully the snails survive :huh:

I like the mangroves - they're going to look cool when they open up!

Awesome! I was very happy with my order .

And yes,the mangroves should look nice once it gets some leaves to it.

• Like 1

Now I need to start looking at coral.

Also,just cause,I did a 5 gallon water change this morning and cleaned the rocks off and sand bed. Still aparkly, for now haha.

• Like 3

20160109_193228_zpseucp9i8n.jpg

So I like the filter socks that came with the tank,as expected though,they dirty up quickly. To help against this I had the second tray from the media basket removed to fit the bag of chemi pure blue. So it fit perfectly recessed into the plastic frame of the filter sock,which will hold a piece of floss nicely, trapping some of the bigger stuff first leaving the sock to catch the fines that may get through and cut down on needing to rinse and swap them as often.

20160109_192802_zpsfwumzatk_edit_1452386

Also,evening on the goon

• Like 7

Tank looks amazing. I love it. I am thinking about upgrading my cad 8 to this tank.

Hey Sancho thank you. I really love this tank man,if you're considering it I would. It all came together really awesome in this one and alot to do was easy planning around the tank.
  • Like 1

Now I need to start looking at coral.

Also,just cause,I did a 5 gallon water change this morning and cleaned the rocks off and sand bed. Still aparkly, for now haha.

Coral! Yes, I'm thinking some lovely items for that nice sandbed you have now! ;)

• Like 1

Coral! Yes, I'm thinking some lovely items for that nice sandbed you have now! ;)

Absolutely, I'm open to ideas!

I know I see something branchy on the top of the highest rock point on the right, with a zoa garden going from the rubble pile and along the ridge,stopping at the main rock structure

• Like 1

Absolutely, I'm open to ideas!

I know I see something branchy on the top of the highest rock point on the right, with a zoa garden going from the rubble pile and along the ridge,stopping at the main rock structure

A couple plates or a nice scoly would look nice. Maybe some acan colonies around one of the bottoms of the rocks.

Orange and red acans actually! Nice pop of color.

• Like 2

Yep a plate coral would be sweet! Scolys are nice to on the sand bed.

I have both on the sand and they look good.

What about some rock nems or rics?

• Like 2

Yep a plate coral would be sweet! Scolys are nice to on the sand bed.

I have both on the sand and they look good.

What about some rock nems or rics?

Rics I would try I have a big yuma,I thought a few of them together on the right of the sand bed. No RFA'S though,I have 2 btas in there now.

A couple plates or a nice scoly would look nice. Maybe some acan colonies around one of the bottoms of the rocks.

Orange and red acans actually! Nice pop of color.

Hmm that does sound like a good idea :)
  • Like 3

Yep a good ric garden would be nice.....I have a few rics and would like some more when I go to the bigger tank.

Here is my florida corner ;)IMG_1364.jpg

And a couple of scolys on the sand. IMG_1336.jpg

• Like 5

Yep a good ric garden would be nice.....I have a few rics and would like some more when I go to the bigger tank.

Here is my florida corner ;)IMG_1364.jpg

And a couple of scolys on the sand. IMG_1336.jpg

Ah very nice looking! Both the corner and scoly. Very vivid coloration.

I'll add as the months go on here and there. Probably an order from cultivated soon-ish if I can. I need a few sticks and Zs and p's and a nice looking sea fan.

• Like 2

:wub:

Z's and P's make for a good garden look and spread pretty easily. I figured I would just place a few frags here and there on the ridge and let them all mix in. I'd really like to have some fairy tale zoas.

I'm trying to picture the tank a year or 2 from now when its starting to truly solidify as an ecosystem,or my take on one anyway. So unlike my other tanks I'm actually looking at coral for their structure and textures as well as color and movement to make the tank laser cut from the reef as best I can.

• Like 3

Z's and P's make for a good garden look and spread pretty easily. I figured I would just place a few frags here and there on the ridge and let them all mix in. I'd really like to have some fairy tale zoas.

I'm trying to picture the tank a year or 2 from now when its starting to truly solidify as an ecosystem,or my take on one anyway. So unlike my other tanks I'm actually looking at coral for their structure and textures as well as color and movement to make the tank laser cut from the reef as best I can.

A bunch of vice zoas would also make a nice carpet of beauty. Fairy tale zoas are likewise nice! :) Maybe sketch it out?

• Like 2