inTank Media Baskets

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

So beautiful! This tank plus a few others on NR have inspired me to try my hand at an sps dominant reef. I will probably start bombarding you with questions once my tank cycles, you are definitely doing something right so I need your secrets B)

Wonderful tank! May I ask what bulb combo you're using for the sunpower? I just made the switch from AI's to the ati yesterday and I'm still playing around with bulb config.

Wonderful tank! May I ask what bulb combo you're using for the sunpower? I just made the switch from AI's to the ati yesterday and I'm still playing around with bulb config.

Thanks

4x ATI Blue plus

1x ATI Coral plus

1x KZ Fiji purple

I find this combo to be a bit challenging when it comes to taking pictures. Even shooting in RAW format the photos still come out very blue.

Lookin great asu

Thanks bro.

So beautiful! This tank plus a few others on NR have inspired me to try my hand at an sps dominant reef. I will probably start bombarding you with questions once my tank cycles, you are definitely doing something right so I need your secrets B)

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your build.

Unbelievable Asureef. Are the two furthest to the right Pocillopora by chance?

Yes, they are both Pocillopora. Seem to be moderate growers and will spawn every now & then.

img8514cc.jpg

Just wanted to say you are doing really good job with this tank. Very clean and very sharp. Keep up the good work.

Thanks steely185.

Nominated for December TOTM.

Despite what u may say...u deserve it. Hands down.

Thank you for the nomination. Honestly, I feel the tank could use a feel more months of growth before I will even consider it "TOTM" worthy.

Awesome tank. Keep up the good work my friend. :)

Thank you Sahin. I would love to see an update on your tank.

Awesome FTS! Totally using that for my unlock screen image

Thanks, me too. :happy:

img1023cc.jpg

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM

Amazing tank!

After I tear down my 20L, I'm definitely going to be setting up a 40B SPS tank like yours.

Very inspirational!

Edited by awpong
hypersnyper694788
TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM TOTM

What he said

TOTM material here. :happydance:

Wow, new FTS is amazing!

Amazing tank!

After I tear down my 20L, I'm definitely going to be setting up a 40B SPS tank like yours.

Very inspirational!

Thanks guys!

This may or may not have been covered and I apologize if it has been, but I was curious as to how you're mounting your SPS on your rock. Just epoxy?

Basically just epoxy and gel super glue. I really like the loctite stuff, seem to work better than most coral specific brand I've tried. I use the sandwich style "glue/epoxy/glue", but I like to roll the epoxy into a tiny ball. Dab alittle glue on it, stick it to a location on the rock, then push the end of the SPS coral into the epoxy creating an imprint. Let the epoxy harden some, then glue the end of the SPS coral. Although, I use the regular sandwich style with plugs, just clip off the ends.

I feel like kicking myself in the face right now. My 2-part dosing pump finally crapped on me. I thought it was the motor, so I took the whole unit apart and went shopping for a replacement (no luck). When I got home, I noticed the pH reading on my apex was 8.66. I immediately knew something wasn't right. Opened the cabinet and checked the containers holding the 2-part and the alk. solution was 1/2 empty from where it was when I left the house. I estimated 150ml of EVS Part A just dumped into the tank in a matter of 2hrs. Literally, my heart dropped!! I figured what had happened. As I removed the dosing unit and disassembled the pump head from the motor, which caused the pump head/tubing to loosen allowing the 2 part solution to drip. And, I was in such a rush to get things fixed I didn't remove the dosing line from the sump. Alkalinity is currently at 12.5dkh, nearly a 4 point spike from its normal range. I realize there's really not much I can do, the damage has been done. All that's left now is to let parameters drop on its own and see how the SPS will fair tomorrow. So far, my first casualty is a small A. tenius I fragged for a buddy.

Wish me luck!!

Your color and polyp extension is cray. Don't be like every other reefer and take down and rebuild the entire tank b/c some small thing has changed. Let this sucker mature and you'll be in books! :D

Outside of lighting, what equipment and/or technique would you say has contributed to so good SPS growth? Skimmer, reactors, flow, dosers?

hypersnyper694788

WOW that sucks. Dam dosing pump. This why i dose by hand, im to scared of something like this happening.

How are things looking?

Edited by hypersnyper694788