ReefCleaners.org

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

• 2 weeks later...
Sweet photos as always. What lense were you using for those epic macro shots? They ware taken out of the display im assuming.

Wow, those macros are amazinggg!! What kind of camera did you use?

Fts!!!

:lol:

Thanks guys!

Yes, the photos were taken out of the display. I used my Canon 40D w/ 60mm f/2.5 macro lens.

I got this new reactor in today and it works amazingly well.

img8288cc.jpg

img8292cc.jpg

Found an ID for the teal SPS I mentioned earlier. It's a ORA misty purple. Unforunately, I no longer have room for it. Also, I found a new little friend. Got an ID as "Glossodoris atromarginata", turns out they only feed on sponges and I don't care much for them. He can stay!! :)

img8272ccc.jpg

Edited by Asureef
Awesome hitchhiker....too bad he wont last long but beautiful nonetheless.

How long have you had the reactor running?

I think it's been in the tank for quite a while. I actually spotted it about a month ago and couldn't get it out until I spotted it again today. And, the last time I added something to the tank was in May. So, He's been hiding for a few months I assume.

I just installed the Reef Octopus reactor today. I started bio-pellets in beginning of June and ran them with a SWC reactor along with a Sicce Syncra 1.5. Even at 357gph, it was barely enough to tumble 150ml of pellets. So, I started looking for a new pump, but eventually settle on a new reactor instead and I'm totally glad I did. With the Reef Octopus reactor, I had to dial down the flow by 2/3 and that's after the chiller and the tumble action is just perfect, even flow throughout. It also feature a built in check valve. So that's a plus, as I won't have to worry about pellets siphoning out.

I wish there was a way to easily supply food for some of the larder nudibranches. One of my buddies has this purple and gold one that is unreal, probably one of my favorite creatures in the hobby.

Great shots, Asureef! The nudibranch is beautiful. Good thing he only eats sponges :happy: I am currently battling against zoanthid eating nubibranches. They are wonderful creatures, so it's upsetting that I can't keep them.

You have one of my favorite tanks on nano-reef. Keep up the phenomenal work! In for a FTS!! omgomgomg

Dude, you seriously take some breath-taking shots.

I try. :)

Great shots, Asureef! The nudibranch is beautiful. Good thing he only eats sponges :happy: I am currently battling against zoanthid eating nubibranches. They are wonderful creatures, so it's upsetting that I can't keep them.

You have one of my favorite tanks on nano-reef. Keep up the phenomenal work! In for a FTS!! omgomgomg

Thank you for the compliment!!

I think, I may have found a zoa pest also, well another. <_< This guy is tiny, literally around 3-4mm in length. He was floating around in the tank and I thought he was speck of sand until I watched it land on a frag and moved. He was immediately siphoned out and thrown in a small vial. He's been in there nearly for two days now and still alive! Pests can be some of the most fascinating creatures.

img8297cc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed my first 5g of DD pro and ran a few tests. I think, the results seem reasonable, but doesn't different too much from Reef Crystals which is my main salt. I did notice the buckets from DD look similar in design to Red Sea Pro. Both are made in Israel, kinda makes me wonder if I'm just paying for the same thing.

• 1.025 sg
  • Alk. 9.9dkh
  • Cal. 420ppm
  • Mag. 1260ppm
  • Potassium 400ppm

img8363cc.jpg

And props to AtomicReef for building me this sleek ATO container!

img8358cc.jpg

That's a really cool ATO container.

Yeah looks like one that can promote an atomic.

Coolest ATO container I've seen!

Yep, I love that neon green acrylic, It simply glows.

Here's a not so kind reminder that I need to be more vigilant when it comes to Alk. testing. I slacked off and did not test for it a whole month. Thought I had things dialed in, but I was so wrong. I just upped my 2-part dosing and believe I'm at 40ml per day for each part.

img8378cc.jpg

Yep, I love that neon green acrylic, It simply glows.

Here's a not so kind reminder that I need to be more vigilant when it comes to Alk. testing. I slacked off and did not test for it a whole month. Thought I had things dialed in, but I was so wrong. I just upped my 2-part dosing and believe I'm at 40ml per day for each part.

img8378cc.jpg

had the same thing happen. :(

I will salvage what I can in the morning, if it looks like it keeps progressing. Hopefully, It doesn't RTN on me overnight.

mine started the same way and stopped as fast as it started. took a long time to recover though

good luck :D dont think youre gonna need it. reef is stunning btw.

new fts sometime?

mine started the same way and stopped as fast as it started. took a long time to recover though

good luck :D dont think youre gonna need it. reef is stunning btw.

new fts sometime?

I was actually thinking of posting a new FTS this weekend. But, if I lose this piece, there will actually 3 1/2" gap missing from my scape. :(

After thinking about it, waiting till morning is probably a dumb idea. So, I got my hands wet. But instead of doing what I' would normally do, which is clipping off the healthy looking parts and remount on a new plug. I decided to create seams .25" from the receding area. In hopes of it will recovery and grow into the structure it has created.

Guess, we'll see how it does in the morning.

img8393cc.jpg