Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

I had a similar thing happen to me with my 60 cube. 160ml of alk two-part solution or so was dosed in a couple of hours. My alk level went crazy and the water went all cloudy. I did a water change and waited it out. Nothing bad happened and all the livestock acted normal.

Sorry about the tenius. Hopefully nothing else is lost.

So, I under estimated the amount of 2-part my tank was consuming. The day after the spike, alk. dropped down to 9.6dkh. 2 days later it was down to 6.7dkh, this was when I started manual dosing 20ml of each part 2x a day. Today, I tested my alk. and it is down to 6dkh, yikes!! So far I have not lost any SPS, but one of my blue tip A. tenius is showing tissue lost in the middle and below. My new dosing pump arrived today. Hopefully, I can get my parameters back in line.

img8693cc.jpg

Nice pump! I considered getting a BM but my budget only allowed for a marine magic... I will be keeping a close eye on it though in light of your recent troubles.

Im glad to hear the OD is overwith, hope the tissue recession ends soon for you

Sweet tank. How long have you had the anthias?

Thanks, I think it will be 4 weeks today. I still can't get them to take anything but frozen. I feed them a mixture of brine/mysis 3x a day in small portion and occasionally nutramar ova.

Nice pump! I considered getting a BM but my budget only allowed for a marine magic... I will be keeping a close eye on it though in light of your recent troubles.

Im glad to hear the OD is overwith, hope the tissue recession ends soon for you

Thanks, me too.

If shipping didn't take so long, I've would've gotten another marine magic doser. I had the old model and it was nearing its end since I had it for 3yrs. Plus, Aquarium Specialty has the best deals on the BM dosing pump, even more so now with the 14% off sale and free shipping.

Thanks, I think it will be 4 weeks today. I still can't get them to take anything but frozen. I feed them a mixture of brine/mysis 3x a day in small portion and occasionally nutramar ova.

A month is pretty good. I think if they werent going to make it they would have died by now. I had a trio myself when I first set up my tank. They didnt last long, I think the tank was just to new, and didnt provide aeequate hiding spots. Now that the tank has filled in a bit I may give them another shot.

A month is pretty good. I think if they werent going to make it they would have died by now. I had a trio myself when I first set up my tank. They didnt last long, I think the tank was just to new, and didnt provide aeequate hiding spots. Now that the tank has filled in a bit I may give them another shot.

The pair I have does not hide at all. They're always out in the open swimming in the current, even at night. Makes me wonder if they even sleep at all. :)

When I got my anithas it went vertical in a hole in a rock and I didn't see him for 4 days. Finally when he came out he ate some brine shrimp and a week later was eating small pieces of flake food. Sadly enough though I found him carpet surfing a few days later. Beautiful fish though and will be getting another one at some point.

I love your tank...i think is one of the best tanks I ve seen here.

However in my opinion you should try the balling light method with trace elements and aim for NSW parameters...

It could make a huge difference in your reef.

Whew, good thing everything is fine as of now. Just the blue acro eh?

Good luck man.

Yep, I haven't lost it yet.

When I got my anithas it went vertical in a hole in a rock and I didn't see him for 4 days. Finally when he came out he ate some brine shrimp and a week later was eating small pieces of flake food. Sadly enough though I found him carpet surfing a few days later. Beautiful fish though and will be getting another one at some point.

They are beautiful fish and stay relatively small (3")

I love your tank...i think is one of the best tanks I ve seen here.

However in my opinion you should try the balling light method with trace elements and aim for NSW parameters...

It could make a huge difference in your reef.

Hey Alex, thank you for the compliment. :happy:

I've looked a little bit into the FM balling before. It seems to be just alk/cal/mag + trace elements. I'm already dosing alk/cal/mag. and prefer not to dose anything I don't test for. I do 5g water change every week, sometimes 2x. I think that is enough to replenish any used up elements.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone who nominated my tank for TOTM. I checked out the nomination thread earlier today and you guys are just way too awesome!!

:D

The story is, Chris contacted me a while back asking to feature my tank. This was about a week after my dosing mishap and my tank has been on a steady decline ever since. Honestly, I felt the current condition of the tank then and still is now, simply isn't "TOTM" worthy. After losing a hand full of SPS, the corals are still not recovering even with the perimeters dailed in. I know many of you guys would like to see this tank get featured, honestly I do too. Hopefully, I can sort this problem out soon.

So, ending the last update of the year with a few new pics.

Thanks again everyone, and Happy New Year!!

img8699cc.jpg

img8738cc.jpg

img8757cc.jpg

img8766cc.jpg

img8741cc2.jpg

img8763cc.jpg

I would LOVE to see this tank featured TOTM.

Sorry to hear about your issues currently, it will pull through, just part of the game of keeping SPS. Ups and Downs. Your tank is still worthy of TOTM regardless of a small hiccup you are having now. This is an awe inspiring tank !

Happy New Year ! ,

Christine