inTank Media Baskets

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

that sounds like a better idea ;)

what lens are you using btw?

Unless it's macro, I use a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8

Hey Asureef sorry to hear about the RTN. What level was your ALK when the frag started to decline?

I tested it twice with salifert it measured 6.7dkh, was at 8.6dkh the last time I tested. Kind of makes me wonder if the new salt has anything to do with it. I should've checked the tank before using the new salt mix. Anyways, the frag looks to be a goner. The tissue necrosis has progressed, I don't think I will make any further attempt to save it. I may place the red planet frag I have that's been sitting on the sand bed since the move in its place.

Nice shot.

Thanks

Oh, btw the way I received two new fish in the mail today. :)

After lurking on NR for about 2 years this has got to be my favorite tank on the forums. Your macro skills are of godly proportions. I hope your troubles with alk are over and you find a way to get a good FTS in. Also I cannot wait to see what came in the mail.

• 2 weeks later...
After lurking on NR for about 2 years this has got to be my favorite tank on the forums. Your macro skills are of godly proportions. I hope your troubles with alk are over and you find a way to get a good FTS in. Also I cannot wait to see what came in the mail.

Thanks, I really appreciate the compliment. :)

Yes, I finally figured out why my alk. was dropping. I was getting ready to put the blame on the new salt. But apparently the head & tubing on my doser was worn out, which MedRed help pointed out. Luckily, I have extra.

Hey I like your scape too; attractive tank dimensions! Can't go wrong with 36"L tanks, they look so much bigger in pictures. :P

Yes, I know.

Sometimes I like to treat my dendros to a nice meal

img7860cc.jpg

(Kidding, it's just leftovers from the last time I tried to introduce a cleaner shrimp to the tank. Which was ripped to pieces by my Mystery wrasse)

Finally got around to taking some new photos and a new "FTS", though it's nothing to brag about. I hope everyone had a great Halloween BTW. This year is going by so quick.

img8316cc.jpg

img8241cc.jpg

img8307cc.jpg

img8327cc.jpg

Only a tease for today .. :P

November 2012

img8501cc2.jpg

Absolutely incredible asureef.Thats just staggering...

Thanks man!

Seeing it everyday, you don't notice how much things have actually grown. That green birds nest on the left side started out as the size of a thumb nail. And, that green tip, I'm actually thinking about replacing as it's causing too much problems. I have to clip it at least twice a month to keep it in check. It's literally about 9" in length and would be hard to move without damaging other corals. And, I'm still waiting on the big tri-color and pearlberry to color up. They're taking the longest.

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS TANK BEFORE???????????????? IT'S GORGEOUS!!! I'm in love :wub:

lol same thing just happened to me. Since Hype's tank is history I think I have a new fav on N-R :)

What kind of dry rock is that?

Also, can I have ur tank?

How did u not win TOTM?

lol same thing just happened to me. Since Hype's tank is history I think I have a new fav on N-R :)

What kind of dry rock is that?

Also, can I have ur tank?

How did u not win TOTM?

Even though gone, Hype's tank will still provide inspiration for many.

The rocks are from macro rocks.

It definitely would be an honor to get "TOTM", but I feel my tank is a bit young and would love to see corals filled in alot more. Possibly in a few more months or year.

And, thanks everyone for the great compliments

slightly larger (right click, view image)

img8501cc4.jpg

Edited by Asureef
  • Like 3