Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

The tank looks beautiful asureef!Im having the same issues with some of my sps i have to test phosphates in the morning....Although i will say most of my sps look better since the switch back to T5's.

I think it's a combination of using aggressive carbon along with GFO.

Looking great! I wish my tank was doing so well

Thanks. What's currently going on with your tank?

Looks awesome, any fts that shows stand?

Will work on it, it's a bit difficult to properly blend the exposure when you have a white stand.

Very impressive!

Thank you!

Beautiful SPS specimens, are you still using the ATI PM 6x36?

Yes, but not the power module. Besides a slicker design, I don't think there is a difference.

Love the colors!

Thanks. I'm hoping it will get better once I can run all the bulbs at a full 6hrs.

WHAT is it?

You are lucky! I wanted my girl to get me something reef related, but she thinks that's a boring V-day present.

I spy something, orangish.

Just finished dipping and acclimating the corals. She got me not one, but two Strawberry Shortcakes! I still can't believe it.

Here's one with no supplement lighting. Now, just imagine how they will look under the t5.... amazing

img7646cc.jpg

Just finished dipping and acclimating the corals. She got me not one, but two Strawberry Shortcakes! I still can't believe it.

Here's one with no supplement lighting. Now, just imagine how they will look under the t5.... amazing

img7646cc.jpg

Woow! Nice frags! SS is truly one of my favorite acros next to red planet. Wish I was into SPS still!

Woow! Nice frags! SS is truly one of my favorite acros next to red planet. Wish I was into SPS still!

My favorite also. I don't see how anyone can not be into SPS. They're currently in the tank now and the colors are ridiculous. Hopefully, I don't kill this one like I did my last. No wonder she got me two. :blush:

You got a heck of a girl. That thing is going to look awesome in a few weeks....what bulb combo did you go with on your fixture.

Before, I ran 3x ati blue plus, ati purple plus, and 2x ati aquablue special. Now, I'm running 4x blue plus, KZ fiji purple, and one KZ new gen. Hopefully, I can get the SS frags to keep their color, it looks amazing right now.

Before, I ran 3x ati blue plus, ati purple plus, and 2x ati aquablue special. Now, I'm running 4x blue plus, KZ fiji purple, and one KZ new gen. Hopefully, I can get the SS frags to keep their color, it looks amazing right now.

Thats identical to what i have right now except i went with the ATI equivalents(purple and coral plus). Im sure with your setup they should have no problem retaining color if anything they might color up more intensely.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful tank. How is your Strawberry shortcake doing? I bought a frag of the SSC along with an unknown acro frag, the SSC is doing fine, but the other acro has just RTN'd today, all other acros in my tank including the SSC is doing fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful tank. How is your Strawberry shortcake doing? I bought a frag of the SSC along with an unknown acro frag, the SSC is doing fine, but the other acro has just RTN'd today, all other acros in my tank including the SSC is doing fine.

Thanks. Both are doing great, they seem to be encrusting really fast. They browned out for me quite a bit the first week, but are turning around slowly. Still don't have the pastel green glow like when I first got them. Though, I have to say, I'm dealing with a little nutrients problem right now. Looking to start Prodibio again sometime this week. Where do you have yours placed?

img7710cc.jpg

Before

img7656cc.jpg

Great tank. I'll be using the nac 3.5 on my 40 breeder, I think ;)

Thanks, I don't have much experience with skimmers, but the bubble magus seems to be doing a good job so far.

Thanks. Both are doing great, they seem to be encrusting really fast. They browned out for me quite a bit the first week, but are turning around slowly. Still don't have the pastel green glow like when I first got them. Though, I have to say, I'm dealing with a little nutrients problem right now. Looking to start Prodibio again sometime this week. Where do you have yours placed?

img7710cc.jpg

Thank you for getting back. Mine has lost most of the green pastel glow...that green glow is real nice. The pink around the coralite has browned out, but on some bits is still there. Mine looks very similar to yours. I dont have a nutrient issue in that my phosphate is less than 0.01ppm (Hanna ULR Photometer) and nitrate is undetectable. So I think its just the case that Wild corals will take some time to colour up.

My SSC is placed mid level in my tank. Its getting roughly 250 PAR at peak light hours. I use the prodibio system.

Good luck with your beautiful reef. Keep the updates going, you are a very nice system; its a joy to see your photography. :happydance:

Strawberry shortcake is now on my purchase list for sure.

The Strawberry Shortcake is like VERY rare in the UK. Only a handful of reefers have it. It is sure a beautiful coral. The pink coralites against the pale mint/green flourescent body with with a single extra long polyp that sways in the current...ahh very beautiful indeed. I'm just very lcuky to have managed to obtain a decent sized frag. omgomgomg

Edited by Sahin

Your strawberry shortcake is growing beautifully...Not to hijack your thread but could you give me a positive ID on my sps im pretty sure its a red table but i have another red table frag and this one looks a bit different... Sorry for the crappy pic but its in an awkward spot to photograph

redtable.jpg

meh, your corals make me go omgomgomg

Same here. omgomgomg

I wish they grow faster though.

The Strawberry Shortcake is like VERY rare in the UK. Only a handful of reefers have it. It is sure a beautiful coral. The pink coralites against the pale mint/green flourescent body with with a single extra long polyp that sways in the current...ahh very beautiful indeed. I'm just very lcuky to have managed to obtain a decent sized frag. omgomgomg

Yes, it's a beautiful SPS for sure. Lately, LA have been putting up wild colonies up for sale weekly. Tempting, but more rewarding growing frags.

Your strawberry shortcake is growing beautifully...Not to hijack your thread but could you give me a positive ID on my sps im pretty sure its a red table but i have another red table frag and this one looks a bit different... Sorry for the crappy pic but its in an awkward spot to photograph

redtable.jpg

Thanks, Hype. Just guessing, but it looks like a red planet acro.

Here's a pic of mine back in December, it was in bad shape then.

img7080cc.jpg

Thanks...Im pretty sure your right i meant to say red planet it just looks a bit different than my other red planet frag but its probably where its located in the tank thats causing the difference.

• 1 month later...

Hey dude, would love to see some updated coral shots, particularly as you've changed the lighting; are colours better or worse. Oh, and a new FTS woul dbe very much appreciated. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey dude, would love to see some updated coral shots, particularly as you've changed the lighting; are colours better or worse. Oh, and a new FTS woul dbe very much appreciated. :D

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...