Pod Your Reef

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Does Seth sell frags? We don't have really nice SPS frags here in Columbia, SC... a 30 minute drive to Charlotte is definitely doable.

I'd love to get another Turaki and other smooth skin coral (deep water acro etc)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Asu! you are a liar! you are not using a 60mm macro lens, more like 600mm macro! how do you get so close in on the focus.... i mimic'd your settings we discussed, and i could only get blurry out of focus crap..... its GOTTA be the LEDs.... i even got a high end polarizer on the lenses.

How long did it take for CADlights to ship out your 40? I'm trying to time the shipping with my arrival back in cali so I can get the tank set up as quickly as possible

Not sure if you mentioned this earlier, but do you dose anything in this tank? Any reactors?

Currently, I dose ESV 2-part 8 times a day, set to dose automatically of course. Magnesium I check for it every two weeks and dose manually if needed. I actually have 2x TLF reactors, but only using one and it is for GFO. Tried running carbon in the reactor, but it did not work to well with ROX. I also dose Zeo coral snow once or twice a week and Probidio every 2 weeks.

Does Seth sell frags? We don't have really nice SPS frags here in Columbia, SC... a 30 minute drive to Charlotte is definitely doable.

I'd love to get another Turaki and other smooth skin coral (deep water acro etc)

Yes, he usually post a nice list every month before the club meeting. We're having another meeting soon on Oct. 15. Here's the club link RASOC if you'd like to check it out.

Asu! you are a liar! you are not using a 60mm macro lens, more like 600mm macro! how do you get so close in on the focus.... i mimic'd your settings we discussed, and i could only get blurry out of focus crap..... its GOTTA be the LEDs.... i even got a high end polarizer on the lenses.

unled1cc.jpg

How long did it take for CADlights to ship out your 40? I'm trying to time the shipping with my arrival back in cali so I can get the tank set up as quickly as possible

It took about a week. Though, I would call Eddie to check on that.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ive come to the conclusion of giving up on macros.... i can take sharp full coral pics, but not close ups of the tips of corals macros....... the lights just dont photograph up close i guess.... i can get close, but they get blurry....

Ive come to the conclusion of giving up on macros.... i can take sharp full coral pics, but not close ups of the tips of corals macros....... the lights just dont photograph up close i guess.... i can get close, but they get blurry....

You barely just started, keep on shooting and you'll get better in no time. Maybe try turning up that AI 100% for photo work.

SouthFlorida_Tron
You barely just started, keep on shooting and you'll get better in no time. Maybe try turning up that AI 100% for photo work.

The whites you mean?

I purchased my 40 CAD almost a month ago and i'm still waiting. :( Eddie said they don't have anymore of the stands in stock and have to make one for my tank out of different wood or something like that. Did you order a stand too?

By the way, when I called Eddie this past Friday to ask a couple of questions before placing my order, he told the current stock of 40 gallon long tanks actually hold 50 gallons -- they are two inches longer front to back and two inches taller I believe. I plan to call him today to make sure he got my online order so will confirm and report back.

I purchased my 40 CAD almost a month ago and i'm still waiting. :( Eddie said they don't have anymore of the stands in stock and have to make one for my tank out of different wood or something like that. Did you order a stand too?

I'll be a week into "processing" come tomorrow. I ordered a 50g

By the way, when I called Eddie this past Friday to ask a couple of questions before placing my order, he told the current stock of 40 gallon long tanks actually hold 50 gallons -- they are two inches longer front to back and two inches taller I believe. I plan to call him today to make sure he got my online order so will confirm and report back.

Ok...talked to Eddie an hour or so ago. He told me he was packing my order today to ship out tomorrow (we shall see based on what I'm reading here but I hope he's right :o ). Further, he told me they plan to phase out the current 40g and instead will be offering two options for 50 gal -- the current cube version and a new long version, which is what I'm getting (36x18x18 vs. the current 40g's 36x16x16).

Ok...talked to Eddie an hour or so ago. He told me he was packing my order today to ship out tomorrow (we shall see based on what I'm reading here but I hope he's right :o ). Further, he told me they plan to phase out the current 40g and instead will be offering two options for 50 gal -- the current cube version and a new long version, which is what I'm getting (36x18x18 vs. the current 40g's 36x16x16).

Eddie called me today. Asked if I wanted a oak cabinet & that my order is going out later today.

Currently, I dose ESV 2-part 8 times a day, set to dose automatically of course. Magnesium I check for it every two weeks and dose manually if needed. I actually have 2x TLF reactors, but only using one and it is for GFO. Tried running carbon in the reactor, but it did not work to well with ROX. I also dose Zeo coral snow once or twice a week and Probidio every 2 weeks.

Well that's why your corlz look amazing.. :lol:

I just got my tracking info. Sadly, they mixed pieces of my billing address with my shipping address. I just e-mailed back stating that. Should be interesting...

Beautiful tank, I hope mine looks like yours one day. I also have a DSLR and am looking to get a macro lense so I can take photos of my tank when the time comes.

I ordered a 40 gallon Artisan from Cadlights on the 26th and was asked if I wanted to upgrade to the 50gallon for free. I e-mailed back, but did not get a reply. I called and did not get an answer but left a voice mail. I called a second time on another day, and did not get an answer, so I tried back an hour later and got an answer.

I was told I was upgraded to the 50g and that is what was shipped to me. It took about a week for them to ship it to me, but I expected that as I had researched the company before hand. It was shipped FedEx Priority Freight so I'm assuming that's a train? Maybe that means it is on a pallet and therefore less likely to be damaged.

It was shipped before I got to talk to an actual person on the phone so I am hoping that I did indeed get the 50 gallon instead of the 40g as my order still says 40gallon long artisan.

It comes in on Monday so fingers are crossed until then.

I am going to keep up with this thread as it inspires me. :)

Beautiful tank, I hope mine looks like yours one day. I also have a DSLR and am looking to get a macro lense so I can take photos of my tank when the time comes.

I ordered a 40 gallon Artisan from Cadlights on the 26th and was asked if I wanted to upgrade to the 50gallon for free. I e-mailed back, but did not get a reply. I called and did not get an answer but left a voice mail. I called a second time on another day, and did not get an answer, so I tried back an hour later and got an answer.

I was told I was upgraded to the 50g and that is what was shipped to me. It took about a week for them to ship it to me, but I expected that as I had researched the company before hand. It was shipped FedEx Priority Freight so I'm assuming that's a train? Maybe that means it is on a pallet and therefore less likely to be damaged.

It was shipped before I got to talk to an actual person on the phone so I am hoping that I did indeed get the 50 gallon instead of the 40g as my order still says 40gallon long artisan.

It comes in on Monday so fingers are crossed until then.

I am going to keep up with this thread as it inspires me. :)

Freight means 18wheeler truck. It does come on a pallet. I just received mine on Friday & it was all in one piece.

DSC02705.jpg

Freight means 18wheeler truck. It does come on a pallet. I just received mine on Friday & it was all in one piece.

Did the driver help you get it off the truck? I ask because Fedex Freight called me Friday to schedule delivery this Wednesday. When I gave the supervisor my address, he asked how I planned to get it off the truck and said the truck would have one driver who wasn't being paid to unload the shipment.

Did the driver help you get it off the truck? I ask because Fedex Freight called me Friday to schedule delivery this Wednesday. When I gave the supervisor my address, he asked how I planned to get it off the truck and said the truck would have one driver who wasn't being paid to unload the shipment.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, so I'll just say this and leave it be.

I picked mine up this morning. Beautiful tank - absolutely beautiful. I got the 50g Long Artisan. The stand is good, I actually think its about right for the price, but I can see a few quality control issues. I'm very happy overall. I just got it so I have a lot left to inspect.

As far as pickup goes, I called the FedEx Freight location and went to pick it up with my own truck. I just had to sign a piece of paper, show my ID, and they loaded it for me. No hassle and very easy. It's packaged on a pallet and very well wrapped. It looks to me that Cadlights has learned from its shipping problems in the past as every thing arrived in good condition. There was some abuse to the box but the tank itself looks great.

I'm not going to hijack this thread so I will make my own once I get everything setup. Oh, and there is absolutely no instructions for the stand. This might be a day long project for me. LOL

Not meaning to hijack the thread, so I'll just say this and leave it be.

I picked mine up this morning. Beautiful tank - absolutely beautiful. I got the 50g Long Artisan. The stand is good, I actually think its about right for the price, but I can see a few quality control issues. I'm very happy overall. I just got it so I have a lot left to inspect.

As far as pickup goes, I called the FedEx Freight location and went to pick it up with my own truck. I just had to sign a piece of paper, show my ID, and they loaded it for me. No hassle and very easy. It's packaged on a pallet and very well wrapped. It looks to me that Cadlights has learned from its shipping problems in the past as every thing arrived in good condition. There was some abuse to the box but the tank itself looks great.

I'm not going to hijack this thread so I will make my own once I get everything setup. Oh, and there is absolutely no instructions for the stand. This might be a day long project for me. LOL

Good to hear! I don't mind picking mine up really either since the Fedex truck location is only a few minutes from my house. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee -- think the pallet will fit in there or will I have to unpack things before the Jeep? Thanks.

Good to hear! I don't mind picking mine up really either since the Fedex truck location is only a few minutes from my house. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee -- think the pallet will fit in there or will I have to unpack things before the Jeep? Thanks.

I don't think it will fit in a jeep. I'm not 100% sure. It's a nice long pallet. I'm trying to figure out the stand. OP, you don't happen to have detailed instructions, huh? =P

You will def. have to unpack it to fit in the jeep.

I had it sent to my work. I have a jack that took it right off the truck.