Top Shelf Aquatics

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Grrrrr.....this thread is too cool to let it sink deep into the depths of this forum. Asureef where are you dude? Let's see here:

Awesome photography skills + beautiful tank = sexylicious eye candy

Dude, you need to update this thread. :D

Ps can you confirm if you are now using this combo for the T5's?

3 x Blue plus,

1 x purple plus &

2 x KZ NewGen

If so, how does it compare to when you had the Ati ABS's in place of the NewGen's?

Thanks.

Edited by Sahin
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys for checking in on the tank. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I had to move the tank a few months back. Which turned out easier than I thought. The epoxy held up really well to the rock and I was able to move the scape in just three pieces and was able to keep the same aqua-scape (sorta). None of the corals showed any signs of stress until about two weeks later. Unfortunately, the move triggered "STN" event and I lost a few pieces, some mini colonies to. I also got rid of a few birds nest colonies in order to make room for some more favorable sps pieces. I'll get a new FTS when things color up a bit more, as I'm not really satisfy with the colors at the moment.

Ps can you confirm if you are now using this combo for the T5's?

3 x Blue plus,

1 x purple plus &

2 x KZ NewGen

If so, how does it compare to when you had the Ati ABS's in place of the NewGen's?

Thanks.

Thanks, Sahin. I've been running this combo since Jan.

4x blue plus

1x kz fiji purple

1x kz new gen.

Honestly, beside one 12k vs. 15k, I can not tell the difference between the ATI special and new gen.

A few new ones for you guys.

One of my fav. here. The colors are wicked, looks grafted. I can't wait for the colors to get more pronounced like I had it before. I'm so happy it survived the move.

img8009cc.jpg

img8013cc.jpg

tri-color piece

img8019cc.jpg

Sorry to hear that there were some losses in the move but really glad to hear that mostly everything turned out alright. Those pics are stunning... What type of acro is that first piece??!The colors are just ridiculous. Looking forward to the FTS.

BTW whats your dosing schedule like?

Sorry to hear that there were some losses in the move but really glad to hear that mostly everything turned out alright. Those pics are stunning... What type of acro is that first piece??!The colors are just ridiculous. Looking forward to the FTS.

BTW whats your dosing schedule like?

Nothing out of the norm just alk/cal/mag. I thought it was an Acropora speciosa at first, now I'm not so sure. The LFS I bought it from a few months ago had no clue. Plus, it was just a dark green frag back then.

Thanks guys!

For a while now, both of my Pocillopora's have been losing tissue. Gone over my water parameters numerous of times and everything should be ideal. This has been an on going issue since before the move and generally they're quite hardy. And time after time, I've been seeing asterina stars on them. I've always gave them the benefit of the doubt, but no longer. So, I removed both of the colonies and gave them a nice dip in revive. A total of 6 asterina was found and I will be picking them out as I see them on the corals from now on. I'm sure I have decent population going in the tank already, it's just matter of picking the bad from the good ones.

img8037cc.jpg

img8033cc.jpg

img8030cc.jpg

That is really weird, really makes me want to get some harlequins.

I'm sure my mystery wrasse will make quick work of it if I try one.

So they've been eating only the Pocci's?

It seems like it like, from what I've gathered they seem to prefer birds nest type sps like Stylophora/Pocillopora. I have both species in my tank and tissue lost does look apparent on both species.

There are species of much larger starfish that simply eat through colonies of SPS leaving only a bare skeleton. So I am not surprised that this species could possibly be eat the flesh on the SPS.