Coral Vue Hydros

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Absolutely incredible captures asureef! What did you use for lighting?

Thanks, I placed a small Photoflex litedome on top of the tank.

The blue eyed crab looks evil :scarry:

Just went back and re-read the whole thread..awesome set up and pix sir.

Thanks!

Yes, it was removed a while back, unfortunately I lost the millepora also during the move.

img7840cc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I ordered a potassium test kit, which arrived 3 days ago. I finally got the chance to test it earlier today. According to Salifert, I am -60ppm (340ppm) from the ideal level (400ppm). Zeovit k-balance was out of stock, so I will be bumpinig up my K with a new product which I purchased from my LFS called "Thrive".

img8109cc.jpg

img8138cc.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron

god only knows what my levels are at.... not like im gonna go and fly to the lfs for a test kit and start adding it but i only wonder! what affects does potassium have on the sps?

Out of curiosity, I ordered a potassium test kit, which arrived 3 days ago. I finally got the chance to test it earlier today. According to Salifert, I am -60ppm (340ppm) from the ideal level (400ppm). Zeovit k-balance was out of stock, so I will be bumpinig up my K with a new product which I purchased from my LFS called "Thrive".

img8109cc.jpg

img8138cc.jpg

I was curious how the "Thrive" product line was....Ive been using potassion myself. I havent tested in a while because the Red sea potassium kit is annoyingly tedious. But i can tell when my potassium levels are too low by looking at my montipora.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

I've been busy lately and the tank has been on auto pilot. So far, my potassium is up to 400ppm from 340ppm, which didn't take much at all to bring up. I've been battling some bryopsis, which startle me to start dosing Tech-M. Didn't notice it affecting the algae until I got my mag. up to 1800ppm, but I ceased the dosing as I was noticing my Hawkins losing tissue. In the end, I ended up losing half of the hawkins and was left with a 2" frag. I also lost another favorite SPS that completely RTN overnight. I've been sourcing the LFS to find another piece like it. No luck yet. It was the nicest teal SPS I've ever seen, with neon polyps.

img8196cc.jpg

And, I may have accidentally infected my tank with a possibly new zoanthids pest/predator. :unsure:

img8188cc001.jpg

img8190cc001.jpg

img8213cc.jpg

badazz photos and your camera skill is crazy on those pest! hope you get them all gone quick! Do you know what kind of pest those are?

No idea yet. But I find them in different colors depending on the coral they're consuming. So far, I find Flatworm exit ineffective, unless largely over dosed, of course I experimented with this out side the tank. But, under normal or even triple dosing within in the display has no affect. I think my only option is to start a quarantine tank, unless I can get an ID and find a way to eradicate them in the display.