Top Shelf Aquatics

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Glad to see you back posting! Lovely shots!

Thanks, I have a few more coming. But, gotta wait till our house guest leave.

Looks like a Turaki acroprora..

Almost, but it doesn't quite resemble the blue turaki I have. Growth and appearance is different. Closest thing I can find that looks like it would be what ORA call "Green Velvet". Though, I can't find a colony photo anywhere. I purchased the piece from my LFS, they also had the colony for sale and it seem to grow in a table form. I also posted a thread in my local forum hoping the guy who donated it will chime in on the ID.

WOW. I've been comtemplating on 50g cube vs 50g wide artisan for a while now.. Need I say your tank was a major deciding factor.

Nice man.. Can we get a recent FTS if not too much to ask?

WOW. I've been comtemplating on 50g cube vs 50g wide artisan for a while now.. Need I say your tank was a major deciding factor.

Same here I went with the 50g wide and you have helped me a lot ! thanks!

Glad I could help. I will get a new FTS soon, just need to clear my sand bed. Too many frags.

Those shots your posted recently of your SPS are great. Looks like everything is going well.

Thanks, your tank is coming along nicely too!

Same here I went with the 50g wide and you have helped me a lot ! thanks!

No problem. Have you got a thread up yet?

I don't think I posted these yet.

Aussie carduus

img7350cc.jpg

ORA Borealis

img7295cc.jpg

s894.jpg

Edited by Asureef

Yeah, it's a really nice piece. My LFS have been supplying some really nice SPS lately. I have the date & time of delivery so I can get first dibs. But, I'm pretty much stocked right now. <_<

Here's a really nice tri-color that's being passed around locals here and is dubbed the "Supermac tri-color". Hope I can get mine as nice as the mother colony.

img7403cc.jpg

Mother colony (iPhone shot) only 1.5yr old!

suprmactric.jpg

Did a routine perimeter test yesterday and it seems the alk. & cal. has finally reached equilibrium, as I'm dosing the exact amount of both parts, here's my results. Found the p04 a little high, likely the cause of my algae problem. So, I spent about an hour manually pulling hair algae and changing out the GFO.

• Alkalinity 8.6dKh
  • Calcium 420ppm
  • Magnesium 1350ppm
  • Nitrate 0ppm
  • Phosphate 0.18ppm

img7541cc.jpg

Came home today to a not so pleasant surprise. Looks like my aussie carduss RTN over night. My only guess would be shocked from the rapid drop in p04. A little odd, as I used 1/3cup of GFO, which is a lot less than what I've used before. First time something like this has actually happened. As you see the Polyps are still there and still responsive. So, I'm hoping it will make a recovery.

img7547cc.jpg

• Today
  • Alkanity 8.3dKh
  • Phosphate 0.01ppm <--

SouthFlorida_Tron
Thanks, guys!

Finally got a new FTS. I threw a bunch of frags to the back so I can hide them for this FTS update. :P

img7578cc1.jpg

Dude, looks like your tank is recovering nicely from that freak power outtage from not too long ago if i remember??

The tank looks beautiful asureef!Im having the same issues with some of my sps i have to test phosphates in the morning....Although i will say most of my sps look better since the switch back to T5's.

My belated valentine's present just got delivered!!

It's a wonderful surprise, as my gf told me she ordered me something, but I didn't think it'd be reef related. :)

img7630cc.jpg