ReefCleaners.org

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Great job! that wrasse is a real beauty!!! wow... I used Paraguard once to treat my trigger for a huge pop eye and it worked well. This is a very nice treatment when the exact cause is not well known. It is a large spectrum treatment that take care of a lot of diseases.

Thumbs up to you for saving these fish!! I think I want one now :)

Wow, beautiful fish! The fathead looks angry!

He looks like that all the time.

Great job! that wrasse is a real beauty!!! wow... I used Paraguard once to treat my trigger for a huge pop eye and it worked well. This is a very nice treatment when the exact cause is not well known. It is a large spectrum treatment that take care of a lot of diseases.

Thumbs up to you for saving these fish!! I think I want one now :)

Yes, I've used paraguard on all new fish. I rarely treat with copper, unless the fish have ich. But, most of the time paraguard works just as good and it is easy on the fish.

Here's a few new ones for those macro fans out there. I've noticed most photos posted on this board are being compressed. Right click and click view image to see the slightly better version. Though, these aren't the sharpest. I had to work at a low shutter speed, which I haven't done in quite a long time.

img6497cc.jpg

img6501cc.jpg

img6566cc.jpg

• Like 2
The bellina is amazing.... How can you get so close with the 60mm..... Or do you crop?

I did a slight crop on the left side, not much at all. I think, it's placed somewhere around 6-8inches from the glass, just right for the 60mm. And, it's a Millepora blue tip.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Bro, that is 99% ORA Bellina look alike, no way a Milli........!

EDIT: I'm talking about the first pic

Edited by SouthFlorida_Tron
Bro, that is 99% ORA Bellina look alike, no way a Milli........!

EDIT: I'm talking about the first pic

lol... Okay, I thought you meant the last photo. It's not a bellina. I'm thinking a type of tri-color, I have 3 types and they all grow differently. That particular one likes to encrust, turns purple in lower light and blue in high light. It has the highest position in the tank currently. And, with that photo there was no cropping needed.

Edited by Asureef
SouthFlorida_Tron

I need to learn how to shoot macro... Im having trouble on the corals (regular macros come out fine)

It's either the glass (curved) or the LEDs lol I dunno

Man your Photos are always so dope! I really need to get myself a macro.. If I wasn't so poor all the time :lol:

So when do we get to see another FTS? I really wanna see how everything's getting placed.

Man your Photos are always so dope! I really need to get myself a macro.. If I wasn't so poor all the time :lol:

So when do we get to see another FTS? I really wanna see how everything's getting placed.

Thanks and very soon....

A lot of things are still on the sand bed. I thought I would get around on mounting some SPS today, but I didn't. I still need to get rid of the RBTA.

REALLY diggin this tank!

Im about ready to go artisan as well

Sweet!

I literally just placed my order after reading this thread! Hope the plumbing issues aren't a big deal....

It's not, just make sure you teflon the piping ends and silicone the gasket for a good seal. Besides the first few weeks of setting up the tank, I haven't had any issues.

Really nice tank, great photographic skills.. and love your stocking choices. Do you have an online reference where to purchase the pearlberry? I'm in love.

Really nice tank, great photographic skills.. and love your stocking choices. Do you have an online reference where to purchase the pearlberry? I'm in love.

Thanks!

How's that turaki doing for you? I'm a little confused on its placement. As for the Pearlberry, I got that piece locally. I'm not sure if it's ORA, but it's been holding color pretty well on my sand bed.

A couple new ones,

img6529cc1.jpg

img6551cc.jpg

img6480cc.jpg

Thanks!

How's that turaki doing for you? I'm a little confused on its placement. As for the Pearlberry, I got that piece locally. I'm not sure if it's ORA, but it's been holding color pretty well on my sand bed.

A couple new ones,

img6529cc1.jpg

img6551cc.jpg

img6480cc.jpg

???? Is this the guy who owned Carolina Frags? Unfortunately my old tank had an emergency shut down due to a leak. It was doing well but last I saw all my corals was when I dropped them off to a local fish store.

Thanks and very soon....

A lot of things are still on the sand bed. I thought I would get around on mounting some SPS today, but I didn't. I still need to get rid of the RBTA.

Sweet!

It's not, just make sure you teflon the piping ends and silicone the gasket for a good seal. Besides the first few weeks of setting up the tank, I haven't had any issues.

Good to hear. Are you happy with the sump or have you modded it?

???? Is this the guy who owned Carolina Frags? Unfortunately my old tank had an emergency shut down due to a leak. It was doing well but last I saw all my corals was when I dropped them off to a local fish store.

Are they still around? Sucks about the tank.

I get most of my SPS from Seth, I still can't believe his build is less than 2yrs old. You can check out his tank featured here.

Good to hear. Are you happy with the sump or have you modded it?

Nope, I haven't modded it. It's doing fine so far. Though the skimmer did crap out on me, I had to replace the impeller. It's a bit hard to find replacement parts for that Atman pump without buying a whole new pump. The only place I found that had parts for it was Socal Tropical.

Edited by Asureef

Looking good ! I ordered a CAD 50g! I didn't know you could run the APEX through an APP! I just downloaded it!! (I don't even have the apex yet, on order though!)

Looking good ! I ordered a CAD 50g! I didn't know you could run the APEX through an APP! I just downloaded it!! (I don't even have the apex yet, on order though!)

You will love it!!

I do everything through my phone, I can check up on my tank while at work, email me alerts, and it also makes maintenance easier. It's the best thing I've purchased for the tank so far.

Let me know how that 50g works for you. I thought about getting that 50g also, but I really wanted something that wasn't a cube.

You will love it!!

I do everything through my phone, I can check up on my tank while at work, email me alerts, and it also makes maintenance easier. It's the best thing I've purchased for the tank so far.

Let me know how that 50g works for you. I thought about getting that 50g also, but I really wanted something that wasn't a cube.

I knew it could e-mail you, but didn't know it had an app! I ordered the tank last Tuesday & it's still in the processing stage. This will be my first tank, so it should be interesting. I will def. let you know :)

love your cad, i just have the 12g cad wish i could afford bigger. ive been looking at the apex controller too. Have you tried doing an ato with it yet?

love your cad, i just have the 12g cad wish i could afford bigger. ive been looking at the apex controller too. Have you tried doing an ato with it yet?

No, I have a Tunze Osmolator for ATO.