SaltCritters.com

6G Nano Tank With Hang on Filter

lilopop11

Halo Reefers,

This is my 2nd thread in this forum, i want to share my 6G nano tank with Hang On Filter, spec is :

- Maintank 40.24.24cm With Crystal Clear Glass

- 2 Hang On Filter with Active Carbon & Phosguard

- 5kg Liverock

- Fishland Marine With Sand (1-2mm size)

- DIY Lighting from Local Reefer.

This tank running since 18 July 2020. So its about 4 Month now. Since than, i've lost 1 fish, 1 Micromussa, Many zoa and Mushroom. Its still new, and water parameter not established yet, its all my mistake 🤦.

For Coral List :

- Kenya Tree 

- Yuma Mushroom

- Discosomma Mushroom

- Clove Polyp

- Jasmine Polyp

- Candy Cane

- Xenia

- Sinularia

- Gold Euphylia

- Blastomussa Merletti

- Palythoa

- Green Toadstool

Day 1 ~ 18 Jul 2020

😁

IMG_20210801_163542.jpg

1 Year Old .. 💪

IMG_20210801_162453-01.jpeg

2 Years Old .. 

P7200201-01-01.thumb.jpeg.e7cd0d273670b4eaa30ee251be743e59.jpeg

3 Years Old .. 

1000389575-01.thumb.jpeg.16f0d663745db8b3a6060358fbde1f3e.jpeg

• Like 12
On 11/25/2020 at 8:18 AM, Bella Smith said:

Really nice! Stunning tank. Your corals look great but I think you should add some more fish in your tank. What kind of filter do you use?

Thank You for your kind words 😊 .. Yeah, maybe i will add some gobies and shrimp in the future .. yasha or watchman gobies, or maybe do you have any suggest ??

for Hang on filter, im using aquaclear 20 and ista 280 ..

• Like 1
17 hours ago, lilopop11 said:

Thank You for your kind words 😊 .. Yeah, maybe i will add some gobies and shrimp in the future .. yasha or watchman gobies, or maybe do you have any suggest ??

for Hang on filter, im using aquaclear 20 and ista 280 ..

I love gobbies and shrimp too.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:22 AM, Type-H20 said:

Very nice.  That light looks slick, very Twinstar-like with the clear side mounts you have there.

Thank You, its my friend who make that light .. And yea, he is a twinstar fans ..  thats why, almost all lighting design he build, match perfectly like twinstar .. lol

Jan 21 Update ..

i got algae outbreak last month, which is killed a few coral and fish in my tank .. If you notice, Kenya tree in the right side almost all die. Luckily, when I bought it for the first time, I had a frag that was already glue to the rock .. Hope this frag grow well .. 

In the other side, i have more space to buy more coral, maybe i will add another softies, for fill in the right side .. another finger coral, tree coral or maybe devils hand .. i hope can find a perfect size .. 

IMG_20210121_151829.jpg

IMG_20210121_144738.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, Bella Smith said:

I love gobbies and shrimp too.

what kind of shrimp you suggest that won't aggravate coral, i don't have any lucky with cleaner shrimp. they just trample on every coral and even stick their claws into the coral's mouth for free food. Pain in the ass lol 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jarviz said:

what kind of shrimp you suggest that won't aggravate coral, i don't have any lucky with cleaner shrimp. they just trample on every coral and even stick their claws into the coral's mouth for free food. Pain in the ass lol 

I'd love to add pistol shrimp and yasha goby .. thats my dream duo 😆 .. In my experience, shrimp never bother my coral, because i always give them meal ( chunk of mysis ) first before I feed the corals .. Maybe you should try .. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...