SaltCritters.com

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Yeah, I know.

Honestly, it will be a few months before I do another FTS, I'll try to throw a few pics here and there soon. I dumped Biopellets and started full Zeovit in beginning of Jan., and one of the ballasts on my t5 fixture went out. The tank was lit with only two bulbs for close to a week and a half while waiting for replacement. Some of the SPS's darkened quite a bit. Tank is becoming more stabilized, SPS are growing again, and I'm just now in the midst of tweaking with zeo supplements. Aftermath of the alk. spike, I did lose a hand full of SPS. You've got to be willing to pay to play right?

img8827cc.jpg

RIP. So sad...I'm sure you're tank will be better than it was before. You've always been an inspiration to me.

RIP. So sad...I'm sure you're tank will be better than it was before. You've always been an inspiration to me.

Thanks Pete!

This tank looks excellent. As already said definitely TOTM material. I'm glad you kept your losses under control. looking forward to updated pics :)

Thanks man, your old solana was inspirational, loved the colors you achieved in that tank.

A few new ones for today,

img8890cc.jpg

img8868cc001.jpg

My tank has spawning fever. The last 3 days, I've actually witnessed my SPS spawning, releasing tiny polyps all over the tank. A day after, all the brittle stars in my tank spawned. I swear, I didn't even know I had any! And today after a water change my urchin released a milky cloud of goo, causing my skimmer to go nuts!

And, while cleaning the glass, I ran into slight problem. Normally I would go through this area with a TLF nanomag, but it didn't work out this week. Now, I have to decide rather to clip it or relocate it, which will be tough.

img8923cc.jpg

• Like 6
SouthFlorida_Tron

awww. what a horrible problem to run into.... lol must be nice... i have that approaching with my monti cap... already made contact on the side window, but now reaching the front panel... dunno what to do....fragging will most likely damage more than just the main disc

• Like 2

Thanks Pete!

Thanks man, your old solana was inspirational, loved the colors you achieved in that tank.

A few new ones for today,

img8890cc.jpg

img8868cc001.jpg

My tank has spawning fever. The last 3 days, I've actually witnessed my SPS spawning, releasing tiny polyps all over the tank. A day after, all the brittle stars in my tank spawned. I swear, I didn't even know I had any! And today after a water change my urchin released a milky cloud of goo, causing my skimmer to go nuts!

And, while cleaning the glass, I ran into slight problem. Normally I would go through this area with a TLF nanomag, but it didn't work out this week. Now, I have to decide rather to clip it or relocate it, which will be tough.

img8923cc.jpg

Thats awesome news asureef....a real breakthrough. Congrats man!

Incredible shots as usual

Thats awesome news asureef....a real breakthrough. Congrats man!

Incredible shots as usual

Thanks Hype!

This thread needs a new FTS B)

i concur doctor...

i know right lol

yes. this man is correct.

It may come sooner than I originally planned. I'd like to move some corals around before I take another FTS though.

Your macro coral shots are amazing.

Thank you!

I don't know if you noticed, but you have a GSP infestation :P You might wanna take care of that.

That GSP has been there since the start of the tank, which I fragged from my old tank. It's actually under control and hasn't grown much at all surprisingly.

Here's a really cool SPS I got sometime last summer. It was a browned out $10 frag and now turning into this wonderful green. Kinda reminds me of the PC strawberry fields acro I once had..

img8921cc.jpg

• Like 7
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How's my favorite tank doing?

How is the tank doing? I need an update fix LOL

Well, the tank is still running, I haven't took it down yet.. :D

I've just been busy lately with work and a another hobby, so less attention has been going to the tank.

a couple shots under blue+ only

img8992cc.jpg

img8996cc.jpg

img8989cc.jpg

img8988cc.jpg

• Like 8
Kfmmartin19

Glad u haven't taken it down cuz it looks incredible! Can we get a FTS? Pretty please?

What other hobby u got goin?

• Like 1
Lovelia_renatha

Here's a few new ones for those macro fans out there. I've noticed most photos posted on this board are being compressed. Right click and click view image to see the slightly better version. Though, these aren't the sharpest. I had to work at a low shutter speed, which I haven't done in quite a long time.

img6497cc.jpg

img6501cc.jpg

img6566cc.jpg

seriously nice good job

Lovelia_renatha

Well, the tank is still running, I haven't took it down yet.. :D

I've just been busy lately with work and a another hobby, so less attention has been going to the tank.

a couple shots under blue+ only

img8992cc.jpg

img8996cc.jpg

img8989cc.jpg

wow colourfull