SaltCritters.com

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

3 hours ago, metrokat said:

Troublemaker. If I have the windows open the door to my bedroom shuts with the draft sometimes. I've learnt to put a sneaker as a door stopper. Maybe do that when you're leaving the kitty alone?

I've got stuff blocking all of the doors except the bathroom while I'm home, I just shut the door to the bathroom when I leave the apartment. :) 

• Like 1

Dropped off the mew mews to the shelter since I'm leaving for California. I asked them to spay Calleigh, she is now 2.1 pounds. :o

The 2 boys are doing better but still runts. They're going to be in a small cage :( with a litter box and food in the same small space. :(

casper4.thumb.jpg.6bf0a7118abdf79043bf563ead9eddba.jpg

Sylvester looks bigger right? 

Sylvester2.thumb.jpg.01c28a6d749d4dcba09f786b9a871584.jpg

Previous pic

sylvester.jpg.5a11c197db4ba38d55936a97df8457a5.jpg 

• Like 7

Coming over for RAP?

I'm headed down on Friday evening and staying at a buddy's place. Down there for RAP and also to check out what's cooking in the backrooms of Vivid, RR, TGC, and some of the other locals. 

Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Farmboyreef said:

Hi Kat :) 

I’m ready to smuggle some chocolate for you.

38860912-EDF2-475A-8561-8DBDC9DFB6AE.jpeg

Oh. My. God. 

You got a whole box?! #canadiandealer

#chocoholic

#mystashfromryannash

:wub:

19 hours ago, Ebn said:

Coming over for RAP?

I'm headed down on Friday evening and staying at a buddy's place. Down there for RAP and also to check out what's cooking in the backrooms of Vivid, RR, TGC, and some of the other locals. 

Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular. 

Oh yay!! I get to meet you?? Awesome. I'm going for setup today and I'll be there all weekend. 

14 hours ago, TJ_Burton said:

SEND THOSE KITTIES TO CANADA!!! God, are they ever adorable!

Nevah! :D. They're totally cute. 

On 10/4/2017 at 7:44 PM, StinkyBunny said:

Why is it that whenever you're headed away I'm heading to NYC?  Lol.

What are you picking up from NY?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

How is the tank? 

Thanks for asking Harry. It is sad. I thought the STN had stopped but I was wrong. I had about 2 inches of California tort left which was freshly receding on Wednesday. My unknown aquacultured colony had stopped necrosing but started again this week. I'm letting the tank do its thing, at some point it will begin growing again, that is when I will frag the alive portions. 

• Sad 5
4 hours ago, metrokat said:

Oh. My. God. 

You got a whole box?! #canadiandealer

#chocoholic

#mystashfromryannash

:wub:

Oh yay!! I get to meet you?? Awesome. I'm going for setup today and I'll be there all weekend. 

Nevah! :D. They're totally cute. 

I like the hashtags.  Awesome.  

Have fun at RAP CA.  Can't wait to hear about it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, metrokat said:

My SE Queensland guy had stuff collected for me so he shipped them out. 6 fish and 10 corals, mostly acans, leathers, ricordea, anemones and mushrooms.

• Like 1

Good morning on day 2 at RAP. It's been a wonderful 3 days in California so far. Long days, very tiring days but happy-to-the-bone kinda days. :)

The hospitality suite party last night was a relaxing chill way to end the evening too, good people and great vibes. Or maybe it was the alcohol ha ha .

I went and hugged the RSR250 over at the Red Sea booth. I've been researching white glove delivery service for large aquariums that are sent via freight so I wanted to see how the RSR looks as it is shipped. I have a better understanding of the packaging now. At Marine Depot, they have the peninsula XXL on display, and that tank came in a ginormous wooden box. 

The crowd yesterday was great and I believe it exceeded all expectations they had. Coral vendors were saying that people were actually buying, not just looking. That is always nice to hear. 

In personal news: I had dropped off my mew mews at the shelter while I was traveling. I had asked then to try to schedule Calleigh for surgery as she weighed enough and they said they would try. They were so unhappy to be put in a box :(

The last time I dropped them off I made the mistake of seeing them in the cage, and that made my heart sink. This time I ran out of there as fast as I could. 

Anyway. The shelter called me early morning on Friday saying that all 3 kittens had been fixed! Wait a minute! The boys were still under one pound at their last visit and even though I've been feeding them and I know they put on weight, they were still not at 2 pounds. But maybe they were old enough? Not sure. Anyway so they said we have a note here that you are adopting Calleigh so we will out the boys up for adoption. I said NO NO they have a home there is somebody who wants to adopt them. Gosh she would have been so upset, I'm glad the shelter called me.

So after some back and forth between the adopter and the shelter, their forever mom went and adopted the boys on Saturday. She sent me a picture of them in the box on the ride home and they looked so scared. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye but she said please come over. Totally!!!!

I was watching their videos on my IG and they're just so cute. I'm very happy they went home but also sad. I guess that is normal. I go to pick up my Calleigh girl on Monday. The shelter is closed and they don't do adoptions that day but as a foster, in allowed to go in and stuff. Can't wait to bring her home as my official fur baby. :wub:

• Like 10
  • Wow 1
8 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Good morning on day 2 at RAP. It's been a wonderful 3 days in California so far. Long days, very tiring days but happy-to-the-bone kinda days. :)

The hospitality suite party last night was a relaxing chill way to end the evening too, good people and great vibes. Or maybe it was the alcohol ha ha .

I went and hugged the RSR250 over at the Red Sea booth. I've been researching white glove delivery service for large aquariums that are sent via freight so I wanted to see how the RSR looks as it is shipped. I have a better understanding of the packaging now. At Marine Depot, they have the peninsula XXL on display, and that tank came in a ginormous wooden box. 

The crowd yesterday was great and I believe it exceeded all expectations they had. Coral vendors were saying that people were actually buying, not just looking. That is always nice to hear. 

In personal news: I had dropped off my mew mews at the shelter while I was traveling. I had asked then to try to schedule Calleigh for surgery as she weighed enough and they said they would try. They were so unhappy to be put in a box :(

The last time I dropped them off I made the mistake of seeing them in the cage, and that made my heart sink. This time I ran out of there as fast as I could. 

Anyway. The shelter called me early morning on Friday saying that all 3 kittens had been fixed! Wait a minute! The boys were still under one pound at their last visit and even though I've been feeding them and I know they put on weight, they were still not at 2 pounds. But maybe they were old enough? Not sure. Anyway so they said we have a note here that you are adopting Calleigh so we will out the boys up for adoption. I said NO NO they have a home there is somebody who wants to adopt them. Gosh she would have been so upset, I'm glad the shelter called me.

So after some back and forth between the adopter and the shelter, their forever mom went and adopted the boys on Saturday. She sent me a picture of them in the box on the ride home and they looked so scared. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye but she said please come over. Totally!!!!

I was watching their videos on my IG and they're just so cute. I'm very happy they went home but also sad. I guess that is normal. I go to pick up my Calleigh girl on Monday. The shelter is closed and they don't do adoptions that day but as a foster, in allowed to go in and stuff. Can't wait to bring her home as my official fur baby. :wub:

Yikes, that would have been a scary moment to hear they were adopting out the boys when they have someone who wants them!  And Calleigh is staying with you forever??? :wub:

• Like 1

Get a free sample from Brightwell

On 10/8/2017 at 7:40 PM, debbeach13 said:

Congratulations on Calleigh. Plus glad to hear your having fun.

Thank you

On 10/8/2017 at 11:11 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Yikes, that would have been a scary moment to hear they were adopting out the boys when they have someone who wants them!  And Calleigh is staying with you forever??? :wub:

She is :wub:

I met @Ebn @gena @Felicia @yoshii @Minidoll @DaveFason at RAP. Always nice to meet nano-reef members. Hopefully next year at MACNA we will have a bigger presence.

@Christopher Marks has promised us he will be there. I think we should do a hospitality suite - nano reefers and alcohol. Yup.

• Like 12
Christopher Marks

I'm glad RAP went well! Congratulations on adopting Calleigh, she's beautiful! How nice the boys get to stay together too!

We will definitely have to figure out a good Nano-Reef party spot for MACNA! 

• Like 2

I'm glad Calleigh is home now!  She's so cute checking out the aquarium!  It was great to get to chat with you at RAP, Kat.  I'm excited for MACNA next year.  I already bought my ticket and booked a hotel room.  I'm all for setting up a N-R party!

• Like 2

Awww...she looks so tiny next to the big tank!!!!  And she looks like she's getting ready to jump up there :lol:.  Girl cats seem to get into way more trouble then the boys, I've noticed!   Did you know that flowers like lilies are highly toxic to cats?  Even just brushing up against them and getting pollen on themselves and licking it off can kill them.  Even one little nibble :o causes kidney failure.  I always like to pass that information on to people. I never knew that and was doing research on plants and cats, since cats love to chew on plants, and I love and keep plants (and cats LOL).  There are other poisonous plants but none as deadly as those in the lily family.

Anyways....public service announcement for plant and cat lovers  :D.

It was great meeting you at RAP!  Can't wait for Las Vegas next year :happydance:.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, gena said:

Awww...she looks so tiny next to the big tank!!!!  And she looks like she's getting ready to jump up there :lol:.  Girl cats seem to get into way more trouble then the boys, I've noticed!   Did you know that flowers like lilies are highly toxic to cats?  Even just brushing up against them and getting pollen on themselves and licking it off can kill them.  Even one little nibble :o causes kidney failure.  I always like to pass that information on to people. I never knew that and was doing research on plants and cats, since cats love to chew on plants, and I love and keep plants (and cats LOL).  There are other poisonous plants but none as deadly as those in the lily family.

Anyways....public service announcement for plant and cat lovers  :D.

It was great meeting you at RAP!  Can't wait for Las Vegas next year :happydance:.

One of the many reasons I do not keep plants in my house. 4 cats currently and my boys that I have(had) are better at getting into trouble.

• Like 2
Just now, Boggers said:

One of the many reasons I do not keep plants in my house. 4 cats currently and my boys that I have(had) are better at getting into trouble.

My boys have all been angels :D.  I do lots of research before bringing any plants in.  It can be done safely.  It's just more of a challenge when you have cats!!!!

• Like 1