Pod Your Reef

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

She was appropriately chastised. The next night however she "walked" on the lid again. So now I have indentations in the netting. She is lucky and I am too that she did not fall in. If you need another reason to get an Artfully Acrylic lid - that is one.

• Wow 1
Christopher Marks
21 hours ago, metrokat said:

This week was a warm get together with Nano-Reefers. @Christopher Marks and his wife Courtney were in town! Such a treat!

It has been a long time since some of us met him at MACNA 2016. #fishnerdsunite

:wub:

rsz_nanoreef.jpg.c90d4e6da78f9e08e3d56e10a76a8725.jpg

@Mariaface @sabrefencer @holy carp @NYfishies 

This was so much fun!!! Thanks to everyone who came out to see me :happy: 

• Like 3

,MMMM, heels....... wait, what were we talking about again? :D 

Kat, when we get our new phones I'll be able to send you pics right from the airport of the shipments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/8/2017 at 4:46 PM, Spencer7 said:

Nice Rhombo, still alive?

My Golden Rhomboid? Sadly no :( 

He jumped inside my lid and landed on the overflow cover-also under the lid. :( In fact - because he was so special with his import story, Austin LeFavre featured him in his MACNA presentation. :( He was a super male when he jumped. :(

On 12/12/2017 at 5:16 PM, StinkyBunny said:

,MMMM, heels....... wait, what were we talking about again? :D 

Kat, when we get our new phones I'll be able to send you pics right from the airport of the shipments.

You tease!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, itzju said:

wow, didn't know you had a tank crash Kat! but looks like you're recovering well. 

making me wish i had a tank again. :(

Doooooo it

5 hours ago, LongPig said:

So you're slowly coming back! I added a bunch of new stuff to mine too. No fish yet though because I still can't decide. Maybe a dwarf cuttle.

Slowly is key. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, metrokat said:

Doooooo it

maybe this upcoming spring, i have something in mind.  I'll also have some more time.

is Will still around or is he completely out? 

On 12/15/2017 at 10:04 AM, itzju said:

maybe this upcoming spring, i have something in mind.  I'll also have some more time.

is Will still around or is he completely out? 

He completely disappeared and I started doing my own thing with a girl on the west coast that I've known for close to 30 years, we do Australia and Fiji together. I do my own things out of other countries. I've just stated doing Vietnam  with her as well, actually 3 of us go together to buy to save freight and distribute the import fees. We're trying to get the rules changed for hard corals out of Vietnam so we can import those as well. If you're up near NYC, New York Aquatics has damn nice stuff and buys from the same places I do, Sri Lanka/Red Sea, Indo, Bali, Fiji, Australia and The Philippines.

• Like 2
On 12/16/2017 at 6:55 PM, StinkyBunny said:

He completely disappeared and I started doing my own thing with a girl on the west coast that I've known for close to 30 years, we do Australia and Fiji together. I do my own things out of other countries. I've just stated doing Vietnam  with her as well, actually 3 of us go together to buy to save freight and distribute the import fees. We're trying to get the rules changed for hard corals out of Vietnam so we can import those as well. If you're up near NYC, New York Aquatics has damn nice stuff and buys from the same places I do, Sri Lanka/Red Sea, Indo, Bali, Fiji, Australia and The Philippines.

ahhh damn, sucks he completely disappeared - I really liked that he was able to order boxes for me, ahh well guess i'm back to buying frags. lol

23 hours ago, itzju said:

ahhh damn, sucks he completely disappeared - I really liked that he was able to order boxes for me, ahh well guess i'm back to buying frags. lol

I hear ya!  I'd love to buy a colony or two from someone.  No clue where to even look. 

• Like 1