Coral Vue Hydros

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

I'm not too optimistic, as it's likely she's gone several days without eating, and she is pretty weak. If she does rally at all, there's plenty of delicious live food crawling all over the place in there. I'll let her rest in there as long as she needs. Based on her condition, I would be surprised if she survived the night, but stranger things have happened.

Dont count the wrasse out just yet. Keep the fuge lights off for most of the day and just give her some time undisturbed.

Your niece is ridiculously cute BTW

Dont count the wrasse out just yet. Keep the fuge lights off for most of the day and just give her some time undisturbed.

Your niece is ridiculously cute BTW

Thanks Eugene!

She managed to swim out of the cave, through the baffles into the third chamber. There's no sand in there, just a return pump and a big clump of cheato. She's still just laying flat on her side on the glass bottom. It's all I can do to leave her alone. Not sure why she moved over there, but I put out the lights and will check on her in the morning.

:scarry: How's the leopard doing?

Corals are looking awesome! And your niece.... :wub:

The Ornate leopard didn't make it. She died in the fuge. :(

Now the Potter's is bullying the Blue Star. She's not quite as timid as the Ornate, but it's still affecting her. She sleeps later in the day now, and stays up late. I think she likes having the extra hour or so after the Potter's goes to bed. I make sure she gets a private feeding after the Potter's is sleeping. She's still nice and fat, so I'm hoping they get their territory issues resolved soon.

• Like 1

Pearlberry is starting to get some nice color. This photo is a little washed out, but it's growing and showing nice coloration.

d329411a-a71d-4809-9731-0cbe29a3804a_zps

Not sure what this piece is (poci? stylo?), but I like the pink with green polyps.

20151109_190158_zpsi8a8ztvr.jpg

• Like 2

FTS 11/10/15

Colors starting to pop a little bit, and real estate getting scarce already!

25f08959-78c1-490b-a0f5-e9788251b8a3_zps

CHRIS!! It looks amazing!

... you haven't posted an "LFS trip" in a while......

FTS 11/10/15

Colors starting to pop a little bit, and real estate getting scarce already!

25f08959-78c1-490b-a0f5-e9788251b8a3_zps

Wow chris its like nothing bad ever happened to this tank :o ....way to bounce back! I knew you could do it.

• Like 1

CHRIS!! It looks amazing!

... you haven't posted an "LFS trip" in a while......

Thanks Stella. I've been derelict and I apologize. I hate letting you down.

love your zoas!!!!

Here's a detail shot for you.

4d933a9e-8680-4647-8eaa-270809a0fa01_zps

Nice!

Thanks Harry!

Wow chris its like nothing bad ever happened to this tank :o ....way to bounce back! I knew you could do it.

Nice to hear from you sir! I've been trying to reacquire some of the stuff I lost. I'm sentimental like that...

• Like 3

Thanks Stella. I've been derelict and I apologize. I hate letting you down.

Here's a detail shot for you.

4d933a9e-8680-4647-8eaa-270809a0fa01_zps

;) You could never let me down, Chris!

And that photo, those zoas :wub::wub:

• Like 1

Wat. Are those skirts real. How.

Can't believe I just found this thread! Looks incredible, man.

Hey, thanks! I've certainly had my issues keeping corals in the past, but Zs & Ps have always done well in my tanks. They like slightly "dirtier" water. I feed the tank a lot and don't over-filter.

Glad to have you along!

• Like 2

Pearlberry is starting to get some nice color. This photo is a little washed out, but it's growing and showing nice coloration.

d329411a-a71d-4809-9731-0cbe29a3804a_zps

Not sure what this piece is (poci? stylo?), but I like the pink with green polyps.

2581dcc2-7514-4e4b-a274-d1324a6ec517_zps

Stylo is my best guess, I have one as well and it's a very slow grower compared to my other stylos. Tank is looking fantastic, sorry about the wrasse.

Back to it's old-glory, and THEN SOME!!!! :bowdown:

:wub:

Stylo is my best guess, I have one as well and it's a very slow grower compared to my other stylos. Tank is looking fantastic, sorry about the wrasse.

That's my guess too. I think it's pretty common, but it's pretty.

How is the leopard wrasse treating you? I really want one, but I have heard they are hard to keep. Any suggestions you can give?

Hey Jorgieeeeeee. They're pretty hit or miss, but if you are selective (and patient), I think you can do pretty well. The biggest challenge is making sure that they don't starve to death. Ideally, they would graze on pods all day in your tank, but very few tanks have enough to support a fish over a long period of time. They will eat other foods (frozen, or even pellets), so make sure that you get one that's eating prepared food in the fish store. Don't buy one online, because you can't tell if they'll eat.

If you find one that's eating in the LFS, make sure you have a good sand-bed, with fine grain sand, as they sleep in the sand every night. If you have a bare bottom tank, they'll waste away and die.

And, from my personal experience, contrary to everything I've read, they can be aggressive toward members of their genus. I'm guessing this is because they're all initially female, and when you put a few of them together, they need to figure out who is dominant. They're very peaceful toward other fish, but I've had troubles with multiple fish getting along together. If one is getting bullied, it'll just hide in the sand, and eventually starve to death.

Looks great in there!

Means a lot coming from you ma'am. How's your tank coming along? Still suffering from rescap'itis?

• Like 1